Thank God we don't play the Pats this year

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the comments in that thread, I think that's a stretch. Only one (maybe two) said that they would find it funny, iirc.

Just in this thread maybe. There have been many over the last couple of weks that have mentioned it. Sadly.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in this thread maybe. There have been many over the last couple of weks that have mentioned it. Sadly.
I'm talking about the "I'm going to laugh like hell..." thread (or whatever it's called). NO ONE agreed with the original poster that they would find it funny. Some feel that a frustrated team might take a cheap shot at Brady, but no one else has said it'd be funny.

I read almost every post in this forum. I got behind when we lost, but other than that day, I have read everything. Nobody but CtCardinals78 has said it would be funny.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok abomb why must donald cough at the above?

Not coughing at that. Coughing that anyone who takes the Colts straight up is on crack. Donald is on crack.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not coughing at that. Coughing that anyone who takes the Colts straight up is on crack. Donald is on crack.

Well we have known that for awhile abomb! :)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Why? It's not so far fetched. Firstly, the game is in Indianapolis where the Colts are brutal. Secondly, the Colts are actually an improved team this year (especially defensively) and they WON THE SUPER BOWL last year. Thirdly, Dungy now gets to play the US AGAINST THE WORLD motivational card.

I see a pretty even match up. I wouldn't bet $$ on the Pats thinking it's easy money.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
someone's gonna get hurt in garbage time when running up the score, and it will ruin their season. And they will deserve it.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Based on the comments in that thread, I think that's a stretch. Only one (maybe two) said that they would find it funny, iirc.

I would not find it funny, but would not shed any tears. The Pats are fast becoming the Cowboys of the 90s. The whole Belichick cheating scandal, the jerk Randy Moss, and the joking and clowning around on the sidelines of their huge wins is wearing a little thin.

Would I like to see Brady or anyone else hurt? No.

Would I like to see the Patriots lose by 30 points to Indy? You bet.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not find it funny, but would not shed any tears. The Pats are fast becoming the Cowboys of the 90s. The whole Belichick cheating scandal, the jerk Randy Moss, and the joking and clowning around on the sidelines of their huge wins is wearing a little thin.

Would I like to see Brady or anyone else hurt? No.

Would I like to see the Patriots lose by 30 points to Indy? You bet.
I agree with you completely. I won't shed any tears if Brady gets hurt. If they're going to be stupid enough to leave him in when he doesn't need to be, then that's a chance they're taking. However, I would never, ever, laugh or find it funny. I just found it to be a cheap shot at "most" of the board, when only one person has said it.

I really don't have anything against the Pats, outside of the cheating thing. Prior to that, no issues whatsoever. I do think it's absolutely ******** to leave Brady in for the whole game, however.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yawn. I can't understand you with Bill and Tom doubleteaming you like that.

:eek:oh:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? It's not so far fetched. Firstly, the game is in Indianapolis where the Colts are brutal. Secondly, the Colts are actually an improved team this year (especially defensively) and they WON THE SUPER BOWL last year. Thirdly, Dungy now gets to play the US AGAINST THE WORLD motivational card.

I see a pretty even match up. I wouldn't bet $$ on the Pats thinking it's easy money.

And I personally think people are being blinded by the run it up mentality the Pats have right now thinking they are the only team that could do that. They are simply playing unconventionally, and they aren't the only ones with the talent to annihilate teams like that.

When it's the fourth quarter, you are up by 40 and go for it on 4th and 1 with Brady in the game, or have 8 straight passes up 40some in the fourth you are running up the score.

I have NO doubts that if they so chose, the Colts could do the exact same thing. Instead, in the fourth quarter of blowing out the Panthers 31-7, their fourth quarter had one possession, with one pass from Sorgi. The colts go to their backup when the game is in hand...and then they run. The Pats keep Brady in and push, push, push to score more. Hell even when Cassell came in he was throwing it all over even lining up and going for it on 4th and 2. Contrast that to how Sorgi ran the offense:

1-10-IND 20 (9:40) 12-J.Sorgi pass short left to 87-R.Wayne to IND 29 for 9 yards (58-T.Davis).
2-1-IND 29 (8:55) 29-J.Addai left guard to IND 32 for 3 yards (52-J.Beason).
1-10-IND 32 (8:12) 29-J.Addai left end to IND 35 for 3 yards (21-K.Lucas).
2-7-IND 35 (7:26) 29-J.Addai left end to IND 40 for 5 yards (43-C.Harris).
3-2-IND 40 (6:42) 36-K.Keith left guard to IND 45 for 5 yards (53-N.Diggs). PENALTY on CAR-77-K.Jenkins, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at IND 45.
1-10- (6:13) 36-K.Keith left end to CAR 45 for 5 yards (58-T.Davis).
Timeout #2 by CAR at 06:04.
2-5-CAR 45 (6:04) 36-K.Keith right end to CAR 35 for 10 yards (53-N.Diggs).
1-10-CAR 35 (5:21) 36-K.Keith right end to CAR 26 for 9 yards (35-D.Cooper).
2-1-CAR 26 (4:33) 36-K.Keith right guard to CAR 23 for 3 yards (43-C.Harris).
1-10-CAR 23 (3:48) 30-C.Dawson left end to CAR 29 for -6 yards (93-M.Rucker, 90-J.Peppers).
2-16-CAR 29 (3:42) 30-C.Dawson right tackle to CAR 32 for -3 yards (58-T.Davis).

Do you people really think that Indy can't go toe to toe in a dogfight? You want to air it out? They've got receivers and a RB in the backfield that can catch and run. They've got the same weapons, they've just got a different philosophy. Bill wants to run it up and score, score, score. Tony wants to melt clock away. It's a clash of philosophies.

Look for Bob Sanders to have a huge day. I wouldn't put money on this game at all, but I think Indy is going to win it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Pats will win the Indy game - easily... Indy is a great team, and Peyton is a great QB. And yet, this game will be a blow out...

The only chance the Colts have of keeping this game close (they won't win under any circumstances) is if they can somehow completely take away the Pats' ability to run, and make Brady throw 60 times... Even then, the Pats will win by double-digits, but at least the Colts won't be as humiliated as every other Pats opponent...

If this were a double-digit spread in favor of the Pats, I'd still slam them..

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Since the odds are good those two teams will play for the AFC title (Probably the NFL Championship as well) in December will they keep things conservative next week? Similar to what teams do in preseason.

I would guess they know each other well enough it won't make any difference what they do and they'll play just like always but it is something I would at least consider if I were the coaches.

but the way those two teams are playing -- the winner takes a commanding lead in the race for homefield advantage for what likely would be the AFC Championship game --- that is definately something worth pulling out all the stops for

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
The Pats will win the Indy game - easily... Indy is a great team, and Peyton is a great QB. And yet, this game will be a blow out...

The only chance the Colts have of keeping this game close (they won't win under any circumstances) is if they can somehow completely take away the Pats' ability to run, and make Brady throw 60 times... Even then, the Pats will win by double-digits, but at least the Colts won't be as humiliated as every other Pats opponent...

If this were a double-digit spread in favor of the Pats, I'd still slam them..

Brady throws 60 times a game anyway. Pats should be favored to win, but this will probably not be a blowout. I hope the Colts win. I hated the pats before this season, now they are anathema

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
They are just hammering the Deadskins 24-0 at the half. When the Skins are away from home, they can't depend on BS calls by the officials to help them win. I've been going to Skins games for 25 years & I've never seen a team that gets more calls at home than they do. I hope the Patriots don't let up & beat them by 50.

umm.....we do play the patriots this year. Its a home game too :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05