Thank god we have only 3 losses

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you act like the world has ended because we lose a close game to a top team.

The board is already flooded with trading for players off of bad and mediocre teams to "strengthen" our roster.

Several of you already openly complain about how "bad" D'Antoni's coaching is.

The Suns are the highest scoring team in the NBA and in the top 5 in field goal percentage allowed. But still you complain...

I wonder what it would take to make some of you happy...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Some of you act like the world has ended because we lose a close game to a top team.

The board is already flooded with trading for players off of bad and mediocre teams to "strengthen" our roster.

Several of you already openly complain about how "bad" D'Antoni's coaching is.

The Suns are the highest scoring team in the NBA and in the top 5 in field goal percentage allowed. But still you complain...

this is ridiculous Chris - I think everyone(at least almost everyone) is ECSTATIC about how we are playing - but if all we talked about how good we were - all you would see is 5 post long threads with :thumbup:'s all over the place and that would be pretty freaking boring. And the bottom line is that unfortunately, we haven't passed out biggest tests yet - so we DO have something to speculate on at this point.

Fans are ALWAYS finding something to talk about - whether it be strengthening the team or complaining about certain things - and for this board to finally have somewhat of a similar discourse as the Cards board is quite refreshing seeing how dead this place was for the most part when hwe sucked last year.

We don't need self-righteous crap like the above calling people out when this board has finally become somewhat alive. JMO.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
this is ridiculous Chris - I think everyone(at least almost everyone) is ECSTATIC about how we are playing - but if all we talked about how good we were - all you would see is 5 post long threads with :thumbup:'s all over the place and that would be pretty freaking boring. And the bottom line is that unfortunately, we haven't passed out biggest tests yet - so we DO have something to speculate on at this point.

Fans are ALWAYS finding something to talk about - whether it be strengthening the team or complaining about certain things - and for this board to finally have somewhat of a similar discourse as the Cards board is quite refreshing seeing how dead this place was for the most part when hwe sucked last year.

We don't need self-righteous crap like the above calling people out when this board has finally become somewhat alive. JMO.

I couldn't aagree with you more Cheese.

We are all happy about Phoenix doing well, and we are talking about it- how well the team is doing, and how they can get even better.

Stefan

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Well I feel it is equally rediculous how many "trade this player for this crap guy from the East Coast" threads we see on here right now. I fail to see how my post is "self-righteous". I choose to disagree with the flood of negativity that is swirling around a 14-3 team.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you nailed my point completely cheese for me when you said "Fans always need something to complain about"

Why? Why is that? I just don't understand the need to nitpick and complain about a team I am very happy with right now. I don't see the need to get so upset when they lose 1 game after a 9 game winning streak.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
And you nailed my point completely cheese for me when you said "Fans always need something to complain about"

Why? Why is that? I just don't understand the need to nitpick and complain about a team I am very happy with right now. I don't see the need to get so upset when they lose 1 game after a 9 game winning streak.

This is a pretty ridiculous thread Chris. Calling it complaining is a poor characterization. No team is perfect, and there are always things that can be done to make the team better, who are you to criticize others to not discuss the possibilities? If you disagree with people's ideas, fine, add your input. If not, there's really no point to threads like this.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
A I don't see the need to get so upset when they lose 1 game after a 9 game winning streak.

Thanks for the input, who got "so upset" when the Suns lost one game? I'll admit, I wasn't thrilled with the results, because the T-Wolves are likely a team that we'll have to go through to get to the Finals. In the playoffs, as we all know, the tempo is much more similar to the game against the Wolves, and we could have real trouble with a team like that if we don't address our size issues, either internally or through trade. Would you consider that complaining? :confused:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This is stupid. The Seattle Supersonics are 15-3 and do you think everything is beer and skittles over there? I doubt it they are probably looking for ways to impriove their team because they see flaws on it. The Philadelphia Eagles are 10-1, do you think their fans are just happy to be there and not worried about their inability to stop the run? The Indy Colts are blowing the doors off of people but do you think their fans aren't discussing ways to improve their defense?

The T-Wolves game exposed a major flaw that many think will prevent the Suns from becoming a championship claiber team. Is it so wrong to discuss ways to possibly fix that flaw?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It's not like the players discussed (by Suns fans) are making any real contribution on the court for this team right now anyway.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I fail to see how my post is "self-righteous".

Self righteous, condescending, choose the adjective you want....telling people how they should think or feel about an issue generally garners a negative reaction....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I choose to disagree with the flood of negativity that is swirling around a 14-3 team.

the "flood" of negativity? Are you insane - yeah - these threads: Can the Suns win 60? Suns Future Draft Picks, Block Shots on Rise, Suns/Blazers, Are the Suns an Elite team, Trade Proposal (to try and get even better than we are), Better on the Road and Huntet seeks D'Antoni's Trust all REEK of negativity.

Give me a freaking break. Also - if there weren't diverging opinions than this board would be as dead as it was last year. I guess that's what you want though - good lord man.

We can discuss how we think this team can get better while acknowedging that thye are laready very good Chris - sorry if that offends you so much, but then you may be better served not really talking about a team that still has steps to climb even though we've ALL been stoked with what we've seen so far.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Thanks for the input, who got "so upset" when the Suns lost one game? I'll admit, I wasn't thrilled with the results, because the T-Wolves are likely a team that we'll have to go through to get to the Finals. In the playoffs, as we all know, the tempo is much more similar to the game against the Wolves, and we could have real trouble with a team like that if we don't address our size issues, either internally or through trade. Would you consider that complaining? :confused:

Actually it was George who admittedly stated he was not only upset about the loss to the Wolves, but was still upset about the loss to the Cavs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Actually it was George who admittedly stated he was not only upset about the loss to the Wolves, but was still upset about the loss to the Cavs.

Damn you George and your incessant flood of reality, er, negativity! :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Who isn't upset about the loss at Cleveland anymore?

better question is who is? This team ahs so far exceeded expectations SOOOO much and every team is gonna have a game or two where they blow a huge lead - just look at it this way - they haven't done it since and they've given themselves plenty of chances to - that's impressive.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

After the reactions that everyone had to your initial posts, that's the best you got? Do you not understand at all why people reacted the way they did? Swallow the pride Chris, your original post was ridiculous and uncalled for.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
the "flood" of negativity? Are you insane - yeah - these threads: Can the Suns win 60? Suns Future Draft Picks, Block Shots on Rise, Suns/Blazers, Are the Suns an Elite team, Trade Proposal (to try and get even better than we are), Better on the Road and Huntet seeks D'Antoni's Trust all REEK of negativity.

Give me a freaking break. Also - if there weren't diverging opinions than this board would be as dead as it was last year. I guess that's what you want though - good lord man.

We can discuss how we think this team can get better while acknowedging that thye are laready very good Chris - sorry if that offends you so much, but then you may be better served not really talking about a team that still has steps to climb even though we've ALL been stoked with what we've seen so far.

I only said some posters. I certainly wasn't characterizing everyone.

But looking at the very first thread you list, Can the Suns win 60 thread, I see this.

LOL, another ringing endorsement of D'Antoni's coaching.

In any event, please pardon the interruption.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
After the reactions that everyone had to your initial posts, that's the best you got? Do you not understand at all why people reacted the way they did? Swallow the pride Chris, your original post was ridiculous and uncalled for.

eh - at least he gave us soemthing to talk about - it's been a slow news day.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Who isn't upset about the loss at Cleveland anymore?

Well me for one. You are going to lose some games that you shouldn't. Every team in the NBA does.

That is the nature of a long season. We are going to give away a few and win some we shouldn't.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

Well we disagree. I think it was completely appropriate and called for.

I can't wait to see what this board looks like when we lose 2 games in a row...should be a real hoot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
I can't wait to see what this board looks like when we lose 2 games in a row...should be a real hoot.

that doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering your initial post. I would think you'd be loathe to see what this board is like after two losses in a row. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

well - I guess along with Gee that makes two of you! :thumbup:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:

By your logic, it will be armageddon, with all of us gnashing our teeth and pulling our hair out.

Look, do you not recognize the possibility that our interior defense and rebounding may hurt us later in the season? If not, if would be as immature of me to call you ignorant as for you to chastise others for overreacting.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
that doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering your initial post. I would think you'd be loathe to see what this board is like after two losses in a row. :D

Honestly I will probably avoid the board after two losses because of how extreme it will get. Maybe I am more mellow because compared to the Cardinals, this is like 24 carat gold.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05