Thank you Suns!!!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted in the game thread:

Thank you Suns! I am super proud of you. I love our future. I love our coach. I love that basketball was fun to watch again.

I love that I got to watch you play almost to training camp

Now all I have are the Dbacks til August :billthecat:

Post your appreciation for the 2009-2010 Suns!

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Great team. Not the most talented group of guys we've had, but they had the most heart. They put up a great fight against a far more talented opponent. I love our young guys and our coach's commitment to developing them, and I look forward to this kind of grittiness and toughness for years to come.

cly2tw

Reaction score
+1

Really proud of the team. Considering the time span of our turnaround, it's highly improbable achievement for the whole team. We have been learning to play as a team, particularly over the playoffs. We have been constantly adjusting and improving. Just not enough time to make good on earlier mistakes. But the team has still a lot of room for improvement on technical level.
Go Suns!

LostInTexas

Rookie
Reaction score
Suns Thank you for giving us one of the crazyist seasons yet. The team came so far from the beginning of the season. I cant wait till next season. And you know what they say about revenge being a dish best served cold ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team was enjoyable to watch (especially the bench gang) and by anyone's count they over-achieved. Can't ask for much more than that. All I can say is, I'm glad we lost to a better team this time around.

Steve

cly2tw

Reaction score
This team was enjoyable to watch (especially the bench gang) and by anyone's count they over-achieved. Can't ask for much more than that. All I can say is, I'm glad we lost to a better team this time around.

Steve

Both overachieved and underachieved. Chemistry wise and expectation wise, they overachieved. Talent wise, however, they might have underachieved. Amare, JRich, Frye could play better.
It's about the right combination of game plans and motivation and chemistry. We started the season by starting Frye to maximize Nash's dribble dominated offense, which failed miserably by end of December. Nash got worn out, JRich and Amare were way underused. As cited in my sig, Gentry and coaching got fed up with the results and finally ordered less dribble by Nash which revitalized JRich, Amare and particularly the bench and Dragic so much that we had this success.
Yet, old habits stick stubbornly. Nash would revert to over dribble at times. Amare would get back to his focus problem if not involved on offense early on. Frye and LB would have mental issue around shooting. All these needed to be well addressed and smoothen out with experience. So, it's quite surprising that with adjustments on the run we went so far!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Go SUNS!

Nash was awesome in these playoffs! Made me proud to be a Suns fan!
Dragic , what more can I say, biggest fan in NY!
Dudley , oh man...lock down!!
JRICH- Carried us but then Laker D swarmed him to death.
Frye- At least he came out and played to win in the last few games (REPS for that)
ROlo tried his best, cant wait for next season!

We tried our hardest, its okay ... its a big victory of a season for me !

bigfoot

Mystery solved.
Reaction score
Defeat is always tough to swallow, but I really had a blast watching these Suns this year. A great summer to all and see you next year!

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Go SUNS!

Nash was awesome in these playoffs! Made me proud to be a Suns fan!
Dragic , what more can I say, biggest fan in NY!
Dudley , oh man...lock down!!
JRICH- Carried us but then Laker D swarmed him to death.
Frye- At least he came out and played to win in the last few games (REPS for that)
ROlo tried his best, cant wait for next season!

We tried our hardest, its okay ... its a big victory of a season for me !

Def. a lot of upside to this team. I agree with all your assessments but Frye. Frye is one dimensional (and we def. need that demension,) and if he keeps on his improvement and harden his defense and get a trainer who will work on his vertical with him he will be even better. He needs some good yard time to clank the iron and stopped being pushed around by the likes of Gas-hole.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Def. a lot of upside to this team. I agree with all your assessments but Frye. Frye is one dimensional (and we def. need that demension,) and if he keeps on his improvement and harden his defense and get a trainer who will work on his vertical with him he will be even better. He needs some good yard time to clank the iron and stopped being pushed around by the likes of Gas-hole.

Don't get me wrong on Frye, I'm not a big fan of him. I was happy he played well in the last 3 games.

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong on Frye, I'm not a big fan of him. I was happy he played well in the last 3 games.

Man I love the guy. His shot is money...but man he really looked like Angel food cake out there....

I mean really soft...

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Outstanding season SUNS! No hanging your heads either.....making it to the WCF playing basketball with the type of fire,heart,guts and determination that you did was simply refreshing and a joy to witness.

Kudos to Kerr,Gentry and the entire team.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
This has been the most exciting season since 2005! Can't wait for next year. I feel really sorry for Hill and Nash. I would have loved for these guys to have a shot at the title.
The Suns bench is just amazing. I often found myself leaning back while watching the games but rocking forward in anticipation when Dragon, Blur, Studley, Frye and Lou ran up to the table.

I hope that Amar'e will stay in Phoenix. There are just no better options, and I cannot fully understand the criticism some people on this board have for him.

Just a year ago the franchise's future looked dull, now have a look at the ingredients of a top team:

- point guard? Check.
- mobile, tough big man that shoots 85% from the foul line? Check.
- Bruce Bowen (but fair) like defender with a deadly long range shot? Check.

Add Earl Clark who seems to have some upside, and we will be good. This is, of course, speaking of the future as in a couple of years. Right now, there are still Nash/ Hill/ Richardson to add to the above mentioned. Could be another exciting season in 2011!

THANKS FOR AN AMAZING SEASON, PHOENIX!

And also thanks to everybody on this board!

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I wonder if Frye can get a personal trainer to add some bulk to his frame. It can't be that hard to gain 20 lbs of muscle in the offseason right?

He can call on Diaw for advice to gain the weight, and then get John Lott to help sculpt it into muscle.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I remember when I renewed my league pass I secretly asked myself if it would be worth it. But then of course I realized I was too big of a Suns fan NOT to do it.

That said, this season was nothing short of amazing. I know everyone talks about the 93 magical season and our great chance the suspension year, but this season to me is even higher on the pride quotient. This was a team nobody thought would get to the playoffs, let alone the Western Conference Finals. And after SWEEPING the Spurs! That in itself is as big an accomplishment as anything this franchise has done in almost 20 years.

A lot of great memories and I'm crossing my fingers that this offseason won't be a complete disaster. And hoping Jared Dudley continues talking with the fans through the summer. :D

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Love this team and definitely thought this was the team to win it. I used to love Amare and I wish he would've shown more this postseason. At this point, I don't know what to think with that situation, but I just can't wait for next year. Nash and Hill deserve their moment and we should have another opportunity at it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh... I liked the 2006 team more than this one. At least they were consistent all year long.

Still doesn't even BEGIN to hold a candle to the 93 team. I had too much disdain for Barbs and Amare on this team as opposed to the 93 team where I thought pretty much everyone on it walked on water.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
meh... I liked the 2006 team more than this one. At least they were consistent all year long.

Still doesn't even BEGIN to hold a candle to the 93 team. I had too much disdain for Barbs and Amare on this team as opposed to the 93 team where I thought pretty much everyone on it walked on water.

agreed on the 2006 team - that team wouldve won it all too if bell had not have gotten injured.

didnt even know basketball was a sport back in 93 - all we had in buffalo was heartbreaking football losses and the sabres

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Suns for a great season in which many thought you wouldn't make the playoffs. The Suns turned a season with low expectations into one of excitement and hope. This bar far was my favorite season next to the 93 season with Charles which is still my favorite.

At least with this Suns team, I really felt like we left it out on the floor. No refs stealing the season away or injuries that doomed the post season. We simply were beat by a better Laker team. We simply don't play enough defense to win over a championship caliber team.

I really hope the Suns makes some moves to improve this team because if you can get to the WCF with pretty much a team who place horrible defense at times, that tells me your close. Having said that, we have some aging vets about to hit the wall and we are possibly losing a piece in Amare that despite what some people will have you think was a major part of the Suns visits to the WCF.

Where do we go from here? What a great question. In the mean time....Thank You Suns for a great season.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Thank you Suns for a great season and not just beating but sweeping the spurs.

Making the lakers sweat a bit by going 2-2 was a nice additional touch.