Thanks Suns

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say what a great streak that was. 15 games...some of us had only been a part of a streak like that once before. I remember '93 and that December of 14 wins.

This was just as great, and tonight was an exciting game that had me shaking like it was a playoff battle.

They won some tough games and showed a lot of heart...and a lot of guts on this streak.

The streak is broken, but it took a blizzard and long travel day to get us back. We played pretty bad, missed shots, but still had the heart to fight back and almost win it.

I love this team and I'm proud of the guys. This is going to be a great season...one to remember always.

Mike

JonnySuns

Reaction score
Here, Here!

Just watched the highlights on nba.com and Stevey Nash looked really pumped there after hitting a 3 late in the game. It was nice to us fighting back in a game rather than giving up a lead like we have been rather prone to of late!

Fantastic run of wins and was certainly gettin used to it so a loss is a shame but like you say, had chances to win and after all that travelling we really took it to the wire so well done fellas!

Quick question, what are people's views on Gilbert's performance today? I like Arenas, he has some serious skills and 54 points is impressive and he seemed to make some big shots (tho that banked 3 pointer seemed a little lucky) but I can't help but feel a bit like he may be a bit of Iverson/Kobe ball hog and I much prefer to see 6 or 7 players in my team in double figures than just one player on like 50 or 60 points!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Quick question, what are people's views on Gilbert's performance today? I like Arenas, he has some serious skills and 54 points is impressive and he seemed to make some big shots (tho that banked 3 pointer seemed a little lucky) but I can't help but feel a bit like he may be a bit of Iverson/Kobe ball hog and I much prefer to see 6 or 7 players in my team in double figures than just one player on like 50 or 60 points!

This is the kind of thing people say when their team just lost to a guy scoring 50 or 60 points.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It was fun but the ending was frustrating. We all know why the Suns were obviously flat at the beggining of the game and they had to dig themselves out of a whole all night.

I would have prefered that the streak end with the Suns playing at their best rather than because of circumstances beyond their control.

Oh well we're only 2 or 3 more 10 game streaks away from locking up the #1 seed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here, Here!

Just watched the highlights on nba.com and Stevey Nash looked really pumped there after hitting a 3 late in the game. It was nice to us fighting back in a game rather than giving up a lead like we have been rather prone to of late!

Fantastic run of wins and was certainly gettin used to it so a loss is a shame but like you say, had chances to win and after all that travelling we really took it to the wire so well done fellas!

Seems to me that it only proves that the Wizards can't beat us unless Arenas scores more than 50 points. He is a selfish player, no question about that, but his team won, and I'm sure they'll take that.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
- All streaks end eventually... that was one heck of a streak and congratulation to the team for setting the franchise record.

- Out of 7 games, we lost 3 in OT. I don't remember any of the losses as blowouts. All this while the team has been working to fit Amare and other new pieces.

- How the heck Washington is 11-12 in a weak East???? This team has some unreal shooters! I don't follow the team so not sure why their record is what it is, but they have beaten some good Western teams on the road...

Esther

Rookie
Reaction score
Seems to me that it only proves that the Wizards can't beat us unless Arenas scores more than 50 points.

Well, it took that and the Suns playing badly for most of the game for them to barely beat us.

It's alright. We will start another streak to break the franchise record. :)

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
The horrendous travel played a huge part in our defeat against Washington. Make no mistake, that really hurt us.

We didn't wake up until the 4th qtr and by then it was always going to be a battle. If we'd been at home the previous night we would've taken care of business. Oh well. time to go on another win streak.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indeed it was a fun thing to watch lets start a new one and take control of the divison :)

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike did you get my Email I sent to you with my prediction on the portland game?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what an awesome streak. After we win against Dallas tonight, we will start another 8-10 game streak.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think so...when did you send it?

Tuesday afternoon, I sent you 2 describing my problem with the site not reconizing me and not letting me post, and then another giving you my prediction on tuesdays game! I sent it :shrug: by hitting the contact us button at the bottom of the page!