The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that was an old fashioned ass kicking. 25 point whipping.

If mbenga would have made one more shot, we'd have had 9 players in double figures. WOW.

Great win.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Every win right now is a huge bonus, this one included. I know the Sonics aren't that good of a team, but it's still a huge win for our injury depleted team.

I'm impressed that we're still finding ways to win without our starting center or power forward. Amazing.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Its just nice to finally believe that this team can go all the way this year or maybe even the next 3 or 4. I wont get ahead of myself but the future looks very, very promising with a nice YOUNG athletic core (Bynum, Gasol, Farmar and Booyah-click) to run along side Kobe.

Im waiting to see the brass' next position on Lamar (will they extend him or will they look to move him for another piece). Nevermind..............Im lovin LO's game right now cause he's steppin up well into the 2nd/3rd option and he's rebounding lights out. And this team is playing with an abundance of confidence right now.

Im totally, totally, totally, totally,.......... TOTALLY believing in this team.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Odom will get extended. He's the perfect fit for this team. He can score 25+ when needed, but he's happy scoring 2 as long as the Lakers win. He's an excelent rebounder, gives our front court massive size and he can fill whatever role is needed that particular night. He can play the 2 or the 3 spot effectively and efficiently, night in and night out. If you need him to score, he can do it, if you need passing, rebounding, defense, he can do it. He's a quiet guy that's just happy to be winning. I would be very disappointed if they tried to "upgrade" him. Too many people wanting the ball leads to problems. Some guys have to be happy as very talented role players, and no one does that better then Odom. He's probably the best 4th option in the NBA.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey.. where's ABomb? Haven't seen him around in a while.

Just got back from Phoenix from my wedding and honeymoon. :)

I caught the fourth quarter of the Utah game while I was in the LA-area, which was cool (watching on local tv and all).

We drove back from LA last night and I listened to the whole SEA/LAL game. Man, TV > radio.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Just got back from Phoenix from my wedding and honeymoon. :)

I caught the fourth quarter of the Utah game while I was in the LA-area, which was cool (watching on local tv and all).

We drove back from LA last night and I listened to the whole SEA/LAL game. Man, TV > radio.

Welcome back bud, and congrats! :)

Without freaking question...

He's one of top third options as well.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Odom fan, he's one of those players I always liked. His only issue was staying healthy, but he seems to have finally overcome that. Lakers need to make sure they keep Odom.

By the way, in case you didn't see..

Lakers signed Ira Newble from Seattle. I think it's a good move, good solid defender off the bench. Probably means Ariza isn't healing well though, which sucks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back bud, and congrats! :)

Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Odom fan, he's one of those players I always liked. His only issue was staying healthy, but he seems to have finally overcome that. Lakers need to make sure they keep Odom.

By the way, in case you didn't see..

Lakers signed Ira Newble from Seattle. I think it's a good move, good solid defender off the bench. Probably means Ariza isn't healing well though, which sucks.

Yeah, Ira got some playing time last night too. Came in the game, got a rebound. Had no clue on offense and caused two shot clock violations, but scored.

Ariza was interviewed and said he hoped to be back with two games left in the season, but he didn't sound all that confident.

I too love Lamar..he frustrates the hell out of me quite often and I will never forgive him for the Sacramento game a few years back, but he is so damn likeable...his personality is fantastic and he's amazing to watch glide around the court...I call him Dementor because he moves like those Harry Potter bad guys.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Viva Los Lakers. :|

(Not a big fan of the alternative language jerseys...)

:moneygrab:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Los Lakers jersey is going to be stupid.

We are already the Los Angeles Lakers..is that not enough??

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
God, tell me the Lakers aren't going to do that "Los" Crap. That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen. We already have "Los" in "Los Angeles," can't we get an exception or something?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Man, props to the Warriors tonight.. my god.

They tore our hearts out. Stephen Jackson absolutely killed us. Valiant effort to come storming back from 23 down, but the Warriors were just too good.

I hope they end up as the 8th seed and not Denver. The Warriors are just all heart. I'm bummed about the loss, but hard not to admire what the Warriors are doing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers played horrid that entire 1st half. Terrible.

The comeback was grand, but once they got the lead they stopped doing what got them there and lost. That's what happens. Kobe's late threes being answered by Jackson was just ... damn.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Maybe the Lakers should do the "Los" theme in reverse.

Change "Los Angeles" to "The Angeles" and wear that on the jersey. Equally as stupid and maybe they would win.

Or just plan your gimick games for when you play Miami or Memphis instead of the Celtics and Warriors.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more.. Finally someone has seen the light in this thread..

The ashes of burned Lakers jerseys are more powerful than stem cells.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, the stink of last night's game is gone.

Lakers face the Warriors again tonight in Oakland on NBA TV.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you shower in lye?

I can still smell it...

I took a rape shower this morning.

How about the folks over at LG banging on Farmar? I still love the kid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05