The 2012-13 Phoenix Suns: In Memorium.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farewell 2013 Phoenix Suns. You were the worst team in all my years as a basketball fan. You were bad, but even worse you were boring.

Some grades:

B: Goran Dragic. You played solid kiddo. Your D was suspect but everything else was up to snuff. Congratulations.

A: PJ Tucker. You play D... you hustle... you can even hit an open shot now and then. I like you.

C: Luis Scola. This grade might seem harsh, you can score sometimes... you can rebound sometimes... but you have greasy hair and you suck on D.

D: Marcin Gortat. You were probably the most disappointing player this year. In the post you played as spineless as a chocolate eclair... the only reason I do not give you an F is because the team completely went to the can when you went down. For the sake of your own career, don't suck next year. We need to trade you and you need a contract.

C: Sabastian Telfair... toodles

C-: Wes Johnson. I dont know what to make of you, you're handles are terrible, sometimes I get tricked into thinking you're a good shooter until I look at the stats and realize I missed 60% of your FG attempts... and so did you. You have bad handles, your D is really overrated... but you're not awful, you have a pulse, and I was wrong for thinking you'd be in China next year. Sorry.

C: Dudley. Where were you this year? Ask for a trade to a decent team, you deserve it.

D: Markieff. Your defense is awful. Stop trying to be a poor man's Channing Frye and learn how to play in the post... or at the very least learn to shoot.

F: Marcus Morris. You stink, but thanks for showing us we took the RIGHT sibling in the draft for once.

D: Shannon The Cannon. If you knew a pass was a legal basketball play you'd be decent... but you dont, and you stink.

B: Jermaine O'Neal. You're a solid bench center... I think you're juicing. Also, why didnt you get traded at the break? You confuse me.

D: Haddadi. كنت طويل القامة حقا وكان لديك أيدي الجزار. قبل الميلاد ربما يريد منك مرة أخرى ولكن أنا لا.

F: Luke Zeller. According to Blanks you were supposed to be on of "the best shooters in the world"!!! What happened?!?!?!

D: Marshall. Learn to shoot, maybe work with Zeller in the offseason.

F----: Michael Sleazley, Measley, Beasley. You're awful, some how... some way... don't come back. I cant stand even looking at you, and I dont want you to stain some poor unsuspecting rookie with you aura of suck. One more thing... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So long 2013 Phoenix Suns, you won't be missed.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hated the Marshall selection (and I still do because I wanted us to draft Fournier instead) but the kid can definitely pass the ball. If someone can just teach him how to shoot and at least make him an average shooter, he can be a good rotational maybe even best backup PG of the league.

I actually liked Wes Johnson's game a lot. In the games that he actually started and got consistent minutes in, he played pretty well. I wish someone could put together the stats of games he has started in and post it or something. I would but I'm not bright enough to know how.

O'Neal, Dragic, Scola and Tucker all recieve As for how they played considerin each player's circumstances. Only beef I have with Dragic is that he plays like crap in the first half of every season since he got into the NBA.

I'll agree with the rest of your grades.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Dragic: B+
Marshall: C
Garrett: D

Brown: C-
Johnson: C

Dudley: B-
Beasley: D+
Tucker: B-
Marcus: D

Scola: C+
Markieff: C-

Gortat: C+
O'neal: C+
Haddadi: C-

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way was Gortat a D. He should have been close to an A but played like a C at the worst. I'd give him a solid B on defense and a C minus on offense. Mostly agree with the rest of the OP's grades.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you're about a grade too high on Marshall, Garrett, Brown and Dudley. I think you're WAY TOO HIGH on Beasley.

Steve

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns finish with their worst post-inaugural season record in franchise history. So what is their reward? Fourth worst record in the league, meaning they now have a 38% chance of landing a top-3 pick and 62% likelihood of drafting between 4-7.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You severely underrating Scola while overrating Beasley and Kieff.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
B - Dragic, Scola, Tucker
C- O'Neal, Johnson, Dudley
D- Gortat, Kieff, Haddadi, Marshall
F - Beasley, Brown, Marcus, Garrett and most importantly HUNTER

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way was Gortat a D. He should have been close to an A but played like a C at the worst. I'd give him a solid B on defense and a C minus on offense. Mostly agree with the rest of the OP's grades.

Steve

Gortat got graded harshly because he had a much larger burden of expectation. Similarly to Tucker being the only player to get an "A", he vastly exceeded low expectations. Gortat was not a "D" player, I agree but he fell well short of the player that I thought he would be. And his whining didnt help the situation either.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns finish with their worst post-inaugural season record in franchise history. So what is their reward? Fourth worst record in the league, meaning they now have a 38% chance of landing a top-3 pick and 62% likelihood of drafting between 4-7.

I also read somewhere that the Jazz loss means we only get 1 lottery pick.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
D: Goran Dragic
F: PJ Tucker
C: Luis Scola
B: Marcin Gortat.
C: Sabastian Telfair
C+: Wes Johnson.
C: Dudley. Where were you this year? Ask for a trade to a decent team, you deserve it.
B: Markieff.
A: Marcus Morris.
B: Shannon The Cannon
D: Jermaine O'Neal
B: Haddadi
B: Luke Zeller
B: Marshall.
A++++: Michael Sleazley, Measley, Beasley.

Finally we won 57 Games and lost 25, it could have been better, but it's ok.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Phrazbit,,,,,the 'best' Phoenix Suns post I've read in my short time here on AFSN :raccoon:

Can't say I agree with all of your grades, but you are fairly close on most. The 'flow' of your assessment of each player was extremely brilliant.

I'm glad the season for the Suns is over.....after watching the first six games in November, I felt it was over right then. While I wasn't a Gentry bandwagoner, I felt he did alright with what the FO gave him to work with > C grade talent at best, with Dragic a notch better. Hunter as coach,,, they can show him the door :wave:

Locker clean-out day,,,pats on the backs by Sarver :doofus: ,,, and off to Cabo tomorrow for a fishing adventure with the other NBA loser franchises. Have fun guys... :billthecat:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long Babby will need to do post season evaluations? It's not like the results are not already in. I doubt if he will let heads roll like he did with Gentry and Majerle. I really would like to see Blanks and Hunter gone although I doubt fans will get both. Minimally, Blanks needs to go before the draft so he does not further imprint the Suns with backup players.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D: Goran Dragic
F: PJ Tucker
C: Luis Scola
B: Marcin Gortat.
C: Sabastian Telfair
C+: Wes Johnson.
B: Markieff.
A: Marcus Morris.
B: Shannon The Cannon
D: Jermaine O'Neal
B: Haddadi
B: Luke Zeller
B: Marshall.
A++++: Michael Sleazley, Measley, Beasley.

Finally we won 57 Games and lost 25, it could have been better, but it's ok.

I'm not sure you understand how grades work--are you on a scale of A is the worst and F the best?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes , except it was not a joke.

It reminds me of the reported Mark Twain quote with a variation:

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

I'd substitute that the Suns should never compete with bad teams (for being bad) for the part in bold.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake