Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Massive Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:clapping: So happy that's over. If all goes well, the Yotes will be wishing they signed him for a longer term, because this kid seems special from what we saw last year. Makes me think of Ray Whitney.

puckhead

Massive Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to really wonder what's going to happen with Coyotes TV broadcasts this upcoming season. If I'm reading this right, the Suns and D-backs are off of Bally's leaving only the Yotes. I just don't see that being enough to keep Bally's Sports AZ alive. I really hope the NHL has a plan B.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm starting to really wonder what's going to happen with Coyotes TV broadcasts this upcoming season. If I'm reading this right, the Suns and D-backs are off of Bally's leaving only the Yotes. I just don't see that being enough to keep Bally's Sports AZ alive. I really hope the NHL has a plan B.
I have been reading Suns are off because Ishbia is forcing the issue. Looks like Ishbia is willing is willing to go to court more and exhaust Bally's hold on the Suns. The Dbacks were supposed to be done with Bally's at the end of June. I was really looking forward to that! However the Dback's gave them one more shot at it. Probably because of Brenly, Jackson, and the rest of the broadcast crew on Bally's. I think the result is Bally's owes them some more money and the Dbacks have to go back to court to try and get payment. As of now, the Dbacks are staying with Bally's. :( Hopefully that changes. In July, the alternative was MLB TV was going to take over and let people in AZ watch the games for free. IDK what would happen after this season.

puckhead

Massive Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading Suns are off because Ishbia is forcing the issue. Looks like Ishbia is willing is willing to go to court more and exhaust Bally's hold on the Suns. The Dbacks were supposed to be done with Bally's at the end of June. I was really looking forward to that! However the Dback's gave them one more shot at it. Probably because of Brenly, Jackson, and the rest of the broadcast crew on Bally's. I think the result is Bally's owes them some more money and the Dbacks have to go back to court to try and get payment. As of now, the Dbacks are staying with Bally's. :( Hopefully that changes. In July, the alternative was MLB TV was going to take over and let people in AZ watch the games for free. IDK what would happen after this season.

Here's what I had been reading this morning:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here's what I had been reading this morning:

:thewave: :thewave::thewave::thewave:

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

puckhead

Massive Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To save you the jump:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Tuesday, July 18, 2023
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA --- The Arizona Coyotes issued the following statement today regarding Bally Sports Arizona.
"We are fully aware of the developments regarding Bally Sports Arizona. The Arizona Coyotes remain under contract with Bally Sports Arizona, and remain hopeful that the network will continue to broadcast our games this season. Nonetheless, we will continue to evaluate all of our options, as needed, and will ensure that our great fans across the Valley are able to watch our games this fall. We will have no further comment until we have news to announce."

:pullhair:

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know hockey is supposed to be a cold weather sport, obviously, but what I wouldn't do for a game at the Mullet when it's 119 outside!

puckhead

Massive Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is, how many phases are there? Kinda implies he may be replaced in another phase? :shrug:

I guess you could interpret it that way. I tend to think it's about paving the way for the next contract negotiation, which in sports can turn on a dime depending on the results. One can only really plan for the next agreement and see how it goes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess you could interpret it that way. I tend to think it's about paving the way for the next contract negotiation, which in sports can turn on a dime depending on the results. One can only really plan for the next agreement and see how it goes.
Now days, you only get to start a contract. No guarantees you finish. Look at the Cardinals, extending both GM and coach for five years, and axing them right away after that! UGH!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now days, you only get to start a contract. No guarantees you finish. Look at the Cardinals, extending both GM and coach for five years, and axing them right away after that! UGH!

If you get paid your full salary, it's not so bad.