Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·
26m

Compensation update: The trade for Davante Adams is expected to get finalized today, per sources.It will be for a conditional 3rd-round pick that can go to a second-round pick, per source.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price clearly too steep for Monti.

6th rounder I guess would be ok but he's not very good. he's 31, in the first year of a 3 year extension that pays him about 7 million a year, and Jax has dropped him out of the starting lineup because his play fell off the cliff this year, that's why they moved him.

Probably could help us but that says more about how bad our DL is than anything else. If we were 3-3 I think you could make a good case for doing it but at 2-4 we're not going anywhere and a then 32 year old in decline isn't going to help us much next year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
·
2m

Trade condition update: The conditional third-round pick the Jets are trading to the Raiders for Davante Adams becomes a second if any of the following happen, per source:
Adams must be 1st- or 2nd-team AP all pro
On the active roster for AFC championship game or Super Bowl.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who was the last WR as good as Cooper moved three times via trade?

This is great news for my fantasy team.

EDIT: I guess Carson Palmer was moved twice via trade.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was the last WR as good as Cooper moved three times via trade?

This is great news for my fantasy team.

EDIT: I guess Carson Palmer was moved twice via trade.
Brandon Cooks?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Brandin Cooks has been traded four times. Five, if you count the Cardinals trading the #1 pick that was used to draft him!

Brandon Cooks?

Is Brandin Cooks even good? Cooper is a five-time Pro Bowler. Cooks has been to zero. Cooper's YPC is almost an entire yard greater than Cooks's.

Cooks is the player that Hollywood Brown was supposed to be. But what do I know? His similar players table on PFR includes Lynn Swann, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, and Stefon Diggs.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Brandin Cooks even good? Cooper is a five-time Pro Bowler. Cooks has been to zero. Cooper's YPC is almost an entire yard greater than Cooks's.

Cooks is the player that Hollywood Brown was supposed to be. But what do I know? His similar players table on PFR includes Lynn Swann, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, and Stefon Diggs.
I mean the guy has 6 1100 yard seasons and is approaching 10K for his career. I would say he was/is good. Was still good during his first two trades. With Dallas that's certainly debatable.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Totally splitting hairs, unless you put a huge value on Pro Bowls... and that discrepancy is actually kinda baffling.

Cooper and Cooks each have exactly 139 starts. Cooper has 1131 targets and a 691-9736-62 stat line. Cooks has 1064 targets and a 693-9364-58 line. Cooks also accumulated 346 rushing yards and 2 TDs, so their totals from scrimmage are 9777 yards and 62 TDs (Cooper) vs. 9710 yards and 60 TDs (Cooks). Can't think of any two WRs with 10+ years in the league who are closer.

As for Pro Bowls, in 2015, Cooper went to the Pro Bowl with 1070 yards and 6 TDs, while Cooks sat home with 1138 yards and 9 TDs. In 2016, Cooper went to the Pro Bowl with 1153-5 while Cooks sat home with 1173-8. In 2018, Cooper went to the Pro Bowl with 1005-7 while Cooks sat home with 1204-5. Weird! Cooper's best season was 2023(!) with 1250-5 and a Pro Bowl, while Cooks' best was 2018 with 1204-5 and no Pro Bowl.

Cooper's yards/catch is actually just 0.58 higher than Cooks', but his yards/target is actually 0.19 lower.