The 49ers could be 1-7 possibly 0-8...

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As we all know, the more talented team doesn't always win. A team at 9-7 could have less talent than a team at 7-9. If you compare between conferences that gap may be even wider.

You can improve, but get less wins. Or you could regress and get more wins.

Just because you were 5-11 doesn't mean you'll get more than that this year with more talent.

Just like the cards might not get past 8-8 even if we have more talent than last year.

I do believe at this point, this is the most talented cardinals team since being in az, but we also have a tougher (on paper) schedule than last year.

Also as much as Martz can help, he also can hurt. Hit or miss with him. It appears that as the season unfolds, teams start to be able to neutralize the benefit Martz seems to have early in the season, and Martz always makes his bonehead mistakes, which for the Niners should be thankful he's not the hc. He is where he is most qualified to be, as an OC.

As always, it shall be interesting to see how things unfold over the course of the season.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
As we all know, the more talented team doesn't always win. A team at 9-7 could have less talent than a team at 7-9. If you compare between conferences that gap may be even wider.

You can improve, but get less wins. Or you could regress and get more wins.

Just because you were 5-11 doesn't mean you'll get more than that this year with more talent.

Just like the cards might not get past 8-8 even if we have more talent than last year.

I do believe at this point, this is the most talented cardinals team since being in az, but we also have a tougher (on paper) schedule than last year.

Also as much as Martz can help, he also can hurt. Hit or miss with him. It appears that as the season unfolds, teams start to be able to neutralize the benefit Martz seems to have early in the season, and Martz always makes his bonehead mistakes, which for the Niners should be thankful he's not the hc. He is where he is most qualified to be, as an OC.

As always, it shall be interesting to see how things unfold over the course of the season.

I agree and thats why I said "anything is possible" in my post. What I was saying was I think a 2 win season for the Niners is very unlikely. But anything can happen in the NFL so we'll see...

Also Martz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hostler. Hostler was the most incompetent coach I have ever seen

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree and thats why I said "anything is possible" in my post. What I was saying was I think a 2 win season for the Niners is very unlikely. But anything can happen in the NFL so we'll see...

Also Martz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hostler. Hostler was the most incompetent coach I have ever seen

I see that a lot in the Bay Area(I live in Sunnyvale) but I don't know how anybody can know that?

Look at who he had on the offense?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05