The awards show that was on the other day...

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure the name...

but i just want to say what hypocrites some of these actors are. Lobbying forhollywood shot films etc. Especially Sean Astin. He comes up and talks about how films need to be shot in the US and how less should be taken oversea's. Wasn't this guy in LOTR which was shot in NZ, which has MADE him something again. LOTR would never had been made for not the budget advantages NZ offered.

These OVER paid actors complain about the lact of hollywood shot films, yet it's half of them who are asking millions upon millions for a film. if they weren't so greedy, more productions could be done how they want it.

Hollywood is full of hypocritical greedy A Holes... buuuut I do get that these actors want to generate work in the US, in Hollywood, i understand that and think that should be done, but for a guy like Sean Astin to come and critize the overseas production of films when he was in LOTR, ******* me. Take a pay cut people.

ok... Chap... fire away...

:thumbup:

by the way... just my 2cents worth.

Peace.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billythekid
ok... Chap... fire away...

:thumbup:

by the way... just my 2cents worth.

Peace.

Oh, I agree. Astin was the wrong person to talk about that. But I also support having more production done in the US. The problem is that it's cheaper everywhere else!

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
The Australian and NZ dollar has sky rocketed latley so i expect very few hollywood productions to come to Aus or NZ. Our dollar is 80cents now to the American dollar so it's really not that cheap to come down here. It was hovering around the 50cent mark a year and a bit ago... which saw the Matrix's, Mission Impossible 2, LOTR/ Last Samarui (NZ), Star Wars, filmed in Aus.

Last edited: