The AZCards-Robinson carries galaxy to victory...

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
With less then 4 mins left in the game Roger "Rabbit" Robinson carries the Galaxy from there own 10 yrd line to a short fg and the Galaxy win as time runs out. He had 146 rushing yrds and 45 rec yrds.

For the season he has 622 yrds on 113 carries, over 5 yrd/carry and over 700 yrds all purpose. NFLE MVP is between Robinson and the QB named Hamden from Ams. They might both make the World Bowl and the winner would win NFLE MVP.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And according to many it is an absolute farce for him to make our team this year. The idea is laughed at.

YEAH! Whatever. Let's keep Shipp, Anderson, and Jackson who have not done jack squat, and let an NFLE MVP walk.

Sorry that just doesn't make any sense. I hope to see Robinson stay within our organization.

Peace
:thumbup:

cdex99

Registered
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
And according to many it is an absolute farce for him to make our team this year. The idea is laughed at.

YEAH! Whatever. Let's keep Shipp, Anderson, and Jackson who have not done jack squat, and let an NFLE MVP walk.

Sorry that just doesn't make any sense. I hope to see Robinson stay within our organization.

Peace
I completely agree. I was also thinking that he was one of the reasons that we did not sign Hakim right away. I think Robinson would be a very good fit on special teams.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:

Peace

First of all hes not an NFL europe MVP yet.

Secondly what he doing now over there really dont amount to a hill of beans when it comes to playing in the real NFL. If he comes to camp and impresses he will make the team and either Anderson or Shipp will be gone. But that is far from a forgone conclusion. He better be very good at special teams is all I have to say.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Shane, with all due respect... have you seen Robinson play?

Tell me you have something.... what have you seen or not seen in Robinson that makes him a long shoot.... a guy who better play special teams real well? Come on Buddy you have over 12,000 posts!!!! Go ahead break Robinson down.... a guy with that many posts has to know something.......

Please tell me your answer is not along the lines of "I don't need to, NFLE is a bunch of bla,bla, bla, bla" or "have you ever heard of......"

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Shane, with all due respect... have you seen Robinson play?

Tell me you have something.... what have you seen or not seen in Robinson that makes him a long shoot.... a guy who better play special teams real well? Come on Buddy you have over 12,000 posts!!!! Go ahead break Robinson down.... a guy with that many posts has to know something.......

Please tell me your answer is not along the lines of "I don't need to, NFLE is a bunch of bla,bla, bla, bla" or "have you ever heard of......"

Yes I have watched him play in these games and he looks good. But the bottom line is its still NFL europe which has inferior talent. The Cards and many other teams have had players who have faired very well in NFL Europe and are never heard from again.

Add to that the fact that the guy wasnt drafted shows a ton. In order for him to make this team he will need to contribute on special teams. The starting RB spot and back-up spot are pretty much locked up IMO. Its obvious the team still likes Shipp or they would have likely cut him already with his salary that way he would have a chance to latch on with another team. We will not carry 4 RB's on the roster I can guarantee that!

I commend him for his accomplshments over there. But the bottom line is it means nothing when it comes to making the team. But hey if you wanna ride his jock and say hes a lock more power to you.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
Shane H said:
But the bottom line is its still NFL europe which has inferior talent.

That's kinda simplifying things, isn't it? Didn't Warner play in the NFLE? I'd say the NFLE has passed-over talent, often inferior, but you never know how the light bulb will come on...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ChandlerCard said:
That's kinda simplifying things, isn't it? Didn't Warner play in the NFLE? I'd say the NFLE has passed-over talent, often inferior, but you never know how the light bulb will come on...

Yes Warner di and kudos to him. But how many hundreds of people have played in NFL europe now? How many have went on to have really good or stellar NFL careers? Im willing to bet the % is very low. The talent is inferior overall and saying Warner played there doesnt change that fact. He also played on Arena Football. Does that mean there is a bunch of NFL caliber talent there too?

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
How many have went on to have really good or stellar NFL careers? Im willing to bet the % is very low.

I dont think anyone is saying that Robinson will have a stellar career. Just saying we could get a nice backup out of this. 10% of the Playoff team rosters this past year came from NFLE experiance. That Number is rising every single year, and isnt as inferior as it once was.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I dont think anyone is saying that Robinson will have a stellar career. Just saying we could get a nice backup out of this. 10% of the Playoff team rosters this past year came from NFLE experiance. That Number is rising every single year, and isnt as inferior as it once was.

10% on the roster is not a bad showing. But lets break it down even further. How many are starters? How many are purely back-ups or rotational guys?

We just may get a nice back-up and Im rooting for him. I like the little guy. Plus hes from NAU! :thumbup:

I just dont put a whole lot of stock in what happens over there. It would be no shock to see him be a training camp casualty.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
The guy came out of a small college, big deal. He put up amazing numbers on his proday. 4.36 fourty, 21 reps, 39.5 vert. He and JJ are the same size. He is running wild in Europe, flying through holes and making DB's look like school girls and doesn't fear contact.

What part of his game do you feel will keep him from making the roster. Speed, size, strength or the fact that he played well in Europe? You talk about the inferior talent in Europe and give very poor reasons why he won't roster. The only thing sure about the cards RB's is Edge, JJ has been mentioned in trades, Shipp might get cut because salary.

Lots of guys don't get drafted and do well in the NFL.

What game did you see?

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:
The guy came out of a small college, big deal. He put up amazing numbers on his proday. 4.36 fourty, 21 reps, 39.5 vert. He and JJ are the same size. He is running wild in Europe, fling through holes and making DB's look like school girls and doesn't fear contact.

What game did you see?

I watched him play the admirals in week 1 and the fire in week 3.

I know he came from a small school. Heck he didnt even amass 1000 yards in his senior season. He wasnt to much over a 1000 in his junior year. All this at a small school. Doesnt sound like a guy that has a lot going for him in the real NFL. But we shall see.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have been watchin' him play...

and the guy is doing everything he can. If he didn't have any talent, all the other backs would be doing the same. I will go as far as to say that your average NFLE team would rate as a damn good college team and Robinson is piling up yards. He might not be a starter but then again who would have thought that Parker would amount to anything with the Steelers.

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Dude I figured it out!!! You've been watching somebody else play..... the Galaxy didn't play the admirals in week one, or the fire in week three. He plays next Sunday at 7 AM (NFL Network), look for a purple team with an orange galaxy sticker on helmet and a guy with #32 on the front of his jersey and the name "Robinson" on the back flying down the field. No hard feeling bro, you got to add to your 12,000 posts!!

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He is playing very well. Hopefully he can contribute this year.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:
Dude I figured it out!!! You've been watching somebody else play..... the Galaxy didn't play the admirals in week one, or the fire in week three. He plays next Sunday at 7 AM (NFL Network), look for a purple team with an orange galaxy sticker on helmet and a guy with #32 on the front of his jersey and the name "Robinson" on the back flying down the field. No hard feeling bro, you got to add to your 12,000 posts!!

Your right I accidentally transposed the two. Oh trust me Ive seen him play. Way to add to your debate though :thumbup: I know you have to increase that little post count!

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Why add to debate, you still haven't answered my question....

"What part of his game do you feel will keep him from making the roster. Speed, size, strength or the fact that he played well in Europe? You talk about the inferior talent in Europe and give very poor reasons why he won't roster."

Your answer is what? He rushed for 2000 yrds in two season at NAU?

That's what you were able to deduce from the two games you claim to have seen him play in NFLE? That makes all the sense in the world.....

You have no idea what you are talking about, you haven't seen Robinson run the ball once. You have 12,000 posts because you speak jiberish. I don't know how much you know about football, but I can say you know nothing about Robinson.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Duetto said:

"What part of his game do you feel will keep him from making the roster. Speed, size, strength or the fact that he played well in Europe? You talk about the inferior talent in Europe and give very poor reasons why he won't roster."

That's what you were able to deduce from the two games you claim to have seen him play in NFLE? That makes all the sense in the world.....

You have no idea what you are talking about, you haven't seen Robinson run the ball once. You have 12,000 posts because you speak jiberish. I don't know how much you know about football, but I can say you know nothing about Robinson.

All right man, take it easy.

Robinson's performance in NFLE will earn him exactly what it should: A fair chance to make the 2006 roster.

But you can't guarantee him anymore than that.

FWIW, I'm really tired of D. Anderson taking up a roster spot. Sounds like this Robinson kid sould be able to beat out the former Northwestern product.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
One reason we don't know much about this kid is NAU is a pass-happy school in a pass-happy division. One could argue the reason he didn't get 1,000 yards in his senior season is due to the fact that NAU went into the year with a good, young QB and has never really committed to the run the past two years, IMO.

He could be a solid player, he could be a bust...we all must admit that he is doing what he needs to in order to stay on the radar screen.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duetto said:

:lmao:

You kill me with your all knowing talent evaluation. Just because you dont like my answers certainly doesnt make them invalid and yes I have seen him play.

Plain and simply I think he has looked good. He has good game speed. A good burst, seems to have decent vision, and nice stength for a guy of his size. But once again he has all of that against very poor talent in NFL Europe. He isnt much of a threat in the passing game from what I can tell. Its quite a jump from NFLE to the real world. Unless Im mistaken he has already been cut from the REAL NFL team once.

I gave more reasons than 2,000 yards in two years in college you just seem to ignore them. You must either be related to him or heck maybe you are him and are getting your feelings hurt. Whichever it is I feel for you! :thumbup:

Last edited:

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
You can't gaurantee the Cards won't carry 4 backs this year. Last year they had Arrington, Shipp, Anderson, and Jackson. They also had Ayenbedejo, Baxter, and Morrow for fullbacks. Of course Redmond and Hodgins were on IR. They could easily carry 4 RB's. Especially if 1,2 or 3 are playing on ST. I expect them to keep 4.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Redsz said:
He is playing very well. Hopefully he can contribute this year.

that's really the answer...he will make his own bed when the whistle blow in training camp..he surely is no worse than any 2006 FA pick-up who was not drafted...so let's give 'em a shot at running back kick's...i don't think anyone feels he is going to put EJ on the bench right???

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I have watched him play in these games and he looks good. But the bottom line is its still NFL europe which has inferior talent.
Had Mike Martz and the Ram scouts come to the same conclusion about Kurt Warner, they'd probably be asking: "you want fries with that?"

Nothing's for certain when you're comparing NFLE apples with NFL oranges, but what impresses me about Robinson is his vision and good decision-making as holes are beginning (or not beginning) to materialize. The longer runs are fun to watch, but I like the consistent pickup of +3, +5 and +7 yards carry after carry.

Final thought - If the staff feels the addition of Robinson creates too much of a log jam at RB (with James, Arrington, Shipp, Redmon etc.) is there any way we can leverage the NFLE hype into packaging the rabbit in a trade up scenario? Or - could we do the same thing with Shipp (because we'd still have Robinson on the roster)?

OP
OP
D

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok Shane, we'll leave it at that. We're both Cards fans and have different opinions about Robinson. We have had nothing but trouble with the running game and we will carry only 3 backs?

If Robinson makes the team you buy me a jersey, if he don't I'll buy you any jersey you want. Deal?

seesred

Reaction score
I've watched all his games.,I don't watch the NFLE fpr the most part. But the Galaxy had a few of our kids so I've tuned in for every game.. Robinson stands away from the crowd in this league. He is by far and away the best back in the league. I've watched him closely. The kid can block, can catch and make YAC. But the running is where he is at. I don't care what league your in(99% of all NFL players come directly from college) just the fact that you lead that league in all stats at your positoin is an eye opener.

Great understanding of the game. Makes cuts on a dime and his yards per run our outstanding. His desire is evident and he breaks tackles with his strenght. I'm willing to bet anyone( Justa six pack), that he will be on a team this year and producing if he gets a fair shot. Hopefully it will be ours. I honestly believe he can compete for the back up spot, at the very least number 3 back, plus special teams. This kid has a lot of Moxie!

GBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05