The Buck Stops Here!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cards did not shut down Deangelo Williams. You might want to check those stats again.

Yeah, they did. After giving up the early 1 and 31 yard runs to him, they held him to 10 more carries for 31 more yards, and stopping him was what caused the Panthers to COMPLETELY abandon the run, including a crucial early series where he got 9 of his additional 31 on one run, then was stoned for no gain twice which led to a punt and a Cards TD.

You might want to check the game tape again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
CardAvenger is right. Carolina had to abandon the run after falling way behind. But the Carolina RB's averaged 5 yards per carry. That's not shutting them down.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CardAvenger is right. Carolina had to abandon the run after falling way behind. But the Carolina RB's averaged 5 yards per carry. That's not shutting them down.

Actually Donald is right. He had a 30 yard run in the first series in which Carolina scored. We then settled down and stopped him.

If you watched the game you wouldn't come away with we didn't stop their run. We did a damn good job of it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
15 rushes for 75 yards. 32 of them on one run during the first drive of the game. That is seriously dominant.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Your RBs in pass catching mode are far more frightening to me than any running from the LOS they will ever do.

But you very well may be right; Clancy might sell out on schemes for Donovan and Westbrook, and be completely wide open to be hit by Buckhalter. It has happened before.

I think we are far too focused right now though, to be surprised by anything.

The Eagles are garbage trying to run inside the numbers. It's usually a complete waste of a play other than keeping the opposing defense concerned about the run.

Sure, I do wish it actually gained yards with any frequency. But you are correct that the RB threat is all about screens, chip-block and catching over the middle, and runs to the edges. Both Westbrook and Buck do a good job on all of these items so it's good to have a decent backup that doesn't require a ton of change to the strategies.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
15 rushes for 75 yards. 32 of them on one run during the first drive of the game. That is seriously dominant.
So, 14 rushes for 43 yards? And that counts the 10 yarder by Stewart on the first drive.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
As for Buckhalter, I root for this guy (obviously not this Sunday :D) cause he had a rought time of it when he first came into the league. He seemed to always get injured, but he has been healthy for at least 2 years now. It is good to see him bounce back from his injuries and contribute.

Yeah. The guy has missed at least two seasons worth of games, maybe more, and had around 4 total knee surgeries. I'm glad the Eagles stuck with him.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Time for talk is done.

I have no use for Eagles fans normally, now I have less than no use for them.

The players play the game, all else is just noise.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
still no links back home to their regular Eagles forums, no screen names

it tells me that for all their current risk free, anonymous bravado -- they recognize the very real possbility that monday they might have crow served by the bushel

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
still no links back home to their regular Eagles forums, no screen names

it tells me that for all their current risk free, anonymous bravado -- they recognize the very real possbility that monday they might have crow served by the bushel

The last guy to mention an Eagles forum was ridiculed for trying.