The Cardinals will try to trade out of the first pick

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guernsey, so if the Cards take Murray, all the other QB needy teams will be fighting with each other to offer Arizona a #1 plus in order to get Rosen. I sure hope you're correct.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’m not saying I disagree with that, but if that’s an absolute fact why isn’t anyone interested in trading for him? That’s what I keep coming back to when I think about ride or die with josh. If other teams are going to draft a qb, why wouldn’t they give a mid round 1st for him rather than taking the dreck I see them drafting in mock drafts? These are nfl teams and decision makers that are seemingly balking on trading value for Rosen. I’m not saying this to be argumentative bc I’ll be good with moving forward with josh. But it’s definitely a big question mark in my mind.

Because he is not available? Maybe keim put a huge price tag on him? .... Anyone is available if the price is right.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
all those qb's selected ahead of him had better measurables with the exception of bake mayfield whose leadership is off the charts. Last year was the best QB class since 83... this year is ****... Josh Rosen would have been the first QB off the board this year hands down.
Then why does no one want to trade for him??? That’s what I keep asking myself.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hmm I suppose that’s possible. But it’s not like we are hearing teams clamoring for him.
If teams are clamoring for him, we shouldn’t trade him. No one is clamoring for Kyler either.

It’s just one of those situations. Kyler means nowhere near as much to the rest of the NFL as he does to Kliffy. Rosen doesn’t have spectacular tape from last year, which has plummeted his value. We’re in a rock and a hard place.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If teams are clamoring for him, we shouldn’t trade him. No one is clamoring for Kyler either.

It’s just one of those situations. Kyler means nowhere near as much to the rest of the NFL as he does to Kliffy. Rosen doesn’t have spectacular tape from last year, which has plummeted his value. We’re in a rock and a hard place.
But if we are okay with understanding that Rosen stunk due to the team and coaching around him surely other teams front offices know that too. We aren’t talking about ESPN analysts or other teams fans. We are talking about NFL front offices. And if they still don’t want him doesn’t that mean he kinda sucks? I’m hoping not. But writing in the wall sure seems to point in that direction.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why does no one want to trade for him??? That’s what I keep asking myself.

I heard a stoner on classic radio this morning tell the host that the Raiders are saying they like Murray to try and convince the cards to draft MUrray so the Raiders can then trade for Rosen. He sounded pretty convincing but again, he was stoned, and it was 6;30 in the morning.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I heard a stoner on classic radio this morning tell the host that the Raiders are saying they like Murray to try and convince the cards to draft MUrray so the Raiders can then trade for Rosen. He sounded pretty convincing but again, he was stoned, and it was 6;30 in the morning.

:biglaugh:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Think the Cards and Raiders will work on a Manning/Rivers switcheroo? Maybe that's the big secret that got the Raiders staff an early vacation.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But if we are okay with understanding that Rosen stunk due to the team and coaching around him surely other teams front offices know that too. We aren’t talking about ESPN analysts or other teams fans. We are talking about NFL front offices. And if they still don’t want him doesn’t that mean he kinda sucks? I’m hoping not. But writing in the wall sure seems to point in that direction.
So you acknowledge Murray means something to KK? Shouldnt that matter in the draft decision?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I’m not thinking that is too early to begin self medication.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Think the Cards and Raiders will work on a Manning/Rivers switcheroo? Maybe that's the big secret that got the Raiders staff an early vacation.

An abrupt and unprecedented booting. I would respect Mayock if this happens

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not thinking that is too early to begin self medication.

The guy calls in 2-3 times a week so I hear it on my way to work. He may not actually be stoned but he sure sounds like it, the host makes fun of him regularly about it but it may be an act too.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

And there is a problem how?:)

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Weinfuss and Somers just a pair of whiners...Go for Murray, swing for the fences

Josh Rosen showed me last year, he is not THE man, he is Jay Cutler 2.0

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weinfuss and Somers just a pair of whiners...Go for Murray, swing for the fences

Josh Rosen showed me last year, he is not THE man, he is Jay Cutler 2.0

You must be registered for see images attach

Someone needs to take his place in the Smokin Jay Cutler meme.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not fighting the fight that Rosen is an ironclad superstar. The truth is, he probably is just going to be solid at best. It's hard to energize a fanbase by trading for a guy who is already in dispute. There are 3-4 guys who are going to go in the first. I think teams recognize that both he and Kyler aren't going to be superstars.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So you acknowledge Murray means something to KK? Shouldnt that matter in the draft decision?
It matters, but KK is not a pro personnel guy yet. He can love Murray, but a guy like Keim or Tom Clements needs to bring him back to earth.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It matters, but KK is not a pro personnel guy yet. He can love Murray, but a guy like Keim or Tom Clements needs to bring him back to earth.
You'd want Tom Clements to tell the new head coach what's up?! Dang.