The Cardinals will win.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Monday night was dissapointing. Why? Because we had the game won and gave it away.

Yet, everyone is forgetting we were "supposed" to have been BLOWN OUT 50-0. But that didn't happen. Instead the Cardinals uncharacteristically gave us one of the best games of the year. Instead of being a doormat they played hard, and well, and had 80% of America rooting for them to play the underdog. America loves a twist, and the unexpected. And the Cardinals gave them all the entertainment they could handle, and felt for the club as they came up just short.

And that is the difference. After years of watching this team get blown out game after game. Some as bad as 44-0 to the CLEVELAND BROWNS. We now have a team that can give us a football game. We have a team that can mix it up with the best the league has to offer. Yes, we are 1-5. But the last two losses are our rookie QB's FIRST and SECOND games EVER in the NFL. And Matt Leinart is NOT your average rookie QB. He has also played his first two games without Larry Fitzgerald, and behind a terrible OL.

I say we take it back to what Rod Graves said. "We are more than one or two players away"

I agree. Most of which is on the offensive line, but there is not much we can do about it as of now. But let's stay positive. We must see that this team has a base to it that it has never had. Leinart, Boldin, Fitz, Edge (when we get an OL he will become a factor), Pope, and Johnson. We know all about the tools that are in place on offense. Given the chance we have seen this offense play extremely well. You get an offensive line into the picture and things could get very scary, very quickly. Scary in a good way.

Then comes the defense. Dennis Green put it best. WHEN HEALTHY our defense is "a thing of beauty". When Dansby, Wilson, and Fransico are out on the field we go from zone to man to 5 men in the box to 8 in the box without missing a step. The personel can drive a QB crazy. As per Grossman who didn't know what the heck was going on out on the field on Monday night. Dansby and Wilson are the most important parts of this defense. They put a whole lot of pressure on the QB. They pretty much drive QB's insane. It gives us two players that are OLB/SS. Might I add Dansby recently said he is at about 55% !!! That is crazy! Imagine this guy at 100%. Staying with the defense I would also like to point out that Gabe "Spongebob Squareback" Watson, Darnell Dockett, and Gerald Hayer have supplied us with one of the better run defenses in the league. Watson played has played very well for us, and Dockett has proven what he can do. Gerald Hayes should be next in line for a contract extension because he has turned into one heck of a MLB.

This team is a long way from getting blown out every game. Yes, the Atlanta game was a bad loss, but with turnover after turnover we gave that team points. But we know we were as good as the Falcons. We know we are better than the Rams, and the Chiefs. We played the Seahawks tough, and the "crowned" king of the NFC, the Bears, limped home with a lucky victory.

We are not the best team in the NFC but we are FAR from the worse. A young teams like ours makes dumb mistakes and this organization has never been one to have good luck. So our young mistakes, with horrible luck turn into fumbles that bounce right into opposing team's hands for TD, and INT that always go for 6 the other way.

But the defense is 1 or 2 players away, and the offense needs 3 NFL quality O-linemen.

That is it. This team is ready to go. I can see it now. I was so angry because it is just another loss, after another loss. Our patience is thin, and we are tired of waiting. But this time I can see that there is a fire that has started, and the fuel is there for it to burn bright.

Oakland better be ready. Our 1-5 record will have the teams unsuspecting what this team brings to the table, and team after team is going to take this team lightly. But we are FINALLY 100% healthy, and FINALLY have most of our peices in place. If Darling comes back and plays for Huff, and with Dansby back into the system, and Hayes playing like a starter, and Wilson playing his Pro-Bowl best, and Eric Green getting better and better, and Antrel Rolle getting better and better, and Aaron Fransisco getting better and bette, and Dockett finding his old self, and finally Leinart who is ready to take this team to the heights he sees this team at we are going to CRUSH the Raiders, and then go into Green Bay and beat up Farve and the boys, then our Bye, Next is Dallas and if we are good enough to beat the Bears then we can definately beat the Cowboys. If we can just win those three. This club has a good chance to be 8-8 or 7-9 at the worse.

GO CARDS!
:newcards:

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Here, have a drink of some strong koolaid....

attachment.php

ishbin

Rookie
Reaction score
yes, but will they cover the spread. that is thy question.

seesred

Reaction score
Our team is on the way to the top of the pack. We are just 1 or 2 plays away from becoming an elite team. I know kool aid, everyone I spoke to this past week didn't say same old Cards, what they said was this team is becoming very good. I Believe!

GBR