The Defense!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So far;
1 int, 1 sack, no pressure, no contain, can't tackle, too many penalitites to mention......... :bang:

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 2nd game in a row that the defense hasn't shown up.

Give the offense some credit as they tried to come back the defense isn't working!!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Horrible.

The only positive is that this will justify letting some of our "irreplacable talent" go for some of the younger guys.

Dansby ? Dockett? Wilson?

Show me the money???? How about show me a stop on defense first.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Horrible.

The only positive is that this will justify letting some of our "irreplacable talent" go for some of the younger guys.

Dansby ? Dockett? Wilson?

Show me the money???? How about show me a stop on defense first.

Truth!

I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign any of these ass-clowns.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Defense is terrible. Changes are needed

So much for getting a great head start on the Seahawks while they had all of those injuries

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So far;
1 int, 1 sack, no pressure, no contain, can't tackle, too many penalitites to mention......... :bang:

What is sad is the 1 sack and 1 Int are by the same player(Okeafor). The other 10 players produced no plays.

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm on board with firing Pendy as soon as they get off the plane. This team has no idea or fundamentals on the art of tackling. Where is all the imaginative blitzing that I heard about? There is no one on the defense that can get any pressure without blitzing and even when they do their half-ass blitzes. This makes the rest of the season very scary. Eric Green has to be benched, go with the rookie.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The D has certainly regressed this season. To bad the "Head Coach" could not bring in his own DC.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Two players working for contracts who I dont think have played a single down this year. Eric Green and Antonio Smith. Both have absolutly stunk this year so far. I am thinking it is time to start giving the two youngs more experiance in DRC and Campbell. They are both young and need more seasoning but if Smith and Green continue to not show up for the games then DRC and Sampbell need to be starting right after the by week at minimum. We now know why the coaches piocked these two guys 1 and 2. Coaches didnt have faith in Green or Smith from the get go IMO. It wasnt a matter of best available player it was a matter of filling needs IMO.

Dockett is not an elite DT. He is just a good one and at times average. Elite pro bowl DT's get double teamed ans still contribute. Dockett is not one of those DT's. Your contract is good enough. Dockett is only good when teams don pay any attention to him which is sad. We need Watson back becuase that was the only reason Dockett was any good for 8 games last year.

Dansby seems lost.

Rolle seems lost when they move him closer to the line of scrimmage.

Pendys schemes are horrible. When he is aggresive with blitzes the blitzes he does design are easily recognized before the QB even snaps the ball. This guy has never done anything for this team and I am still wondering why some like him so much. Wasnt this guy supposed to be the next big name in HC searches a while ago. Guess why that never happened, because he isnt any good.

This defense has a lot of issues from top to bottom whom were only able to beat up on two horrible young teams that are still learning and growing.

Warner isnt helping out the D either. This is exactly the reason why the coaching staff wanted Matt to win the job so badly, because Warner is not his defenses best friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Favre actually felt sorry for the D and gave them a sack.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, they are in complete shambles right now. Those last two TDs the WRs were open by about 10 yards.

Maybe they are trying to take the heat off of Warner? :shrug:

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Every touchdown a WIDE OPEN "CHARLIE-FOXTROT"!!!! (If you know what I mean). I am sick.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I've supported Pendy in the past, but this defense is terrible. They are always out of position and can't tackle when they aren't. They have a terrible time at recognizing screens. They can't generate a pass rush. If Whiz has someone else in mind, then I'm for it.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
One more thing. This defense is not mentally there. Any sign of adversity what so ever and they fold it up. If we are up on the score board they do OK. They just arent not enough mentally tough players on the D right now.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just question the fact that these guys just seem to make the dumbest decisions. Yeah, Pendy's defensive schemes really suck, but how much of it is when the players are just morons. DRC is a Rook and I can live with his mistakes, but the other guys, give me a break. They all just seem lost out there. I look around the league and see other db's actually covering receivers and other D lines blowing up the O'lines and stopping the run for a loss. Whats the deal? They just never look like they want it bad enough...Or is it that we still have all the bad apples left over from Denny days?? Gosh, the sooner we rid the team of all the guys Denny drafted...the better. Wow, did I hate him!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I just question the fact that these guys just seem to make the dumbest decisions. Yeah, Pendy's defensive schemes really suck, but how much of it is when the players are just morons. DRC is a Rook and I can live with his mistakes, but the other guys, give me a break. They all just seem lost out there. I look around the league and see other db's actually covering receivers and other D lines blowing up the O'lines and stopping the run for a loss. Whats the deal?

I and a few others have stated this during the offseason when they watched the training camps. I and some others all came away thinking the last two training camps have been the easiest and most country club type training camps we have seen, and some of us have been going for 10+ years to those things. They have been short and light on the hitting. I understanding not wanting to beat each other up and risk injuries but this is football and you have to practice some football hitting. It is fine and dandy practicing scheme and were you should be on the field but things change when the hitting happens.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just question the fact that these guys just seem to make the dumbest decisions. Yeah, Pendy's defensive schemes really suck, but how much of it is when the players are just morons. DRC is a Rook and I can live with his mistakes, but the other guys, give me a break. They all just seem lost out there. I look around the league and see other db's actually covering receivers and other D lines blowing up the O'lines and stopping the run for a loss. Whats the deal? They just never look like they want it bad enough...Or is it that we still have all the bad apples left over from Denny days?? Gosh, the sooner we rid the team of all the guys Denny drafted...the better. Wow, did I hate him!

Bull crap IMO. The last 20 years I've heard piss poor play excused by blaming the previous coach. Screw that. The way the defense played today was completely unacceptable and it's totally on the players, Pendy and Whisenhunt. Dennis Green didn't have a damn thing to do with that debacle.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I and a few others have stated this during the offseason when they watched the training camps. I and some others all came away thinking the last two training camps have been the easiest and most country club type training camps we have seen, and some of us have been going for 10+ years to those things. They have been short and light on the hitting. I understanding not wanting to beat each other up and risk injuries but this is football and you have to practice some football hitting. It is fine and dandy practicing scheme and were you should be on the field but things change when the hitting happens.

Ugh... I really want to keep liking Whiz, but what the hell? I thought Denny was supposed to be the one with the country club style camps and now Whiz does the same? Not good.. These group of guys need to be bitch slapped in practice and be made to work their asses off. They havent deserved the right to have those style of camps and practices yet... I just dont get it. I might understand that style of camp if the guys you have are all proven veterans that you can completely trust in, but with these guys?? Seriously.. not a good sign from a coach that is trying to make his team trust in him and his word. JMHO

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bull crap IMO. The last 20 years I've heard piss poor play excused by blaming the previous coach. Screw that. The way the defense played today was completely unacceptable and it's totally on the players, Pendy and Whisenhunt. Dennis Green didn't have a damn thing to do with that debacle.

"Yeah, Pendy's defensive schemes really suck, but how much of it is when the players are just morons. DRC is a Rook and I can live with his mistakes, but the other guys, give me a break. They all just seem lost out there."

I thought I was pretty clear on this... I dunno?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Yeah, Pendy's defensive schemes really suck, but how much of it is when the players are just morons. DRC is a Rook and I can live with his mistakes, but the other guys, give me a break. They all just seem lost out there."

I thought I was pretty clear on this... I dunno?

Ok, I was responding to this..

Or is it that we still have all the bad apples left over from Denny days?? Gosh, the sooner we rid the team of all the guys Denny drafted...the better. Wow, did I hate him!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I was responding to this..

Gotcha, but the point of what I was saying is that... Denny got these guys "he wanted", and still, most of our defensive players that needs to take accountability for this loss are mostly Denny guys. I just want Whiz to completely clean house of all dud players that Denny brought in while he was here. Just like Payton did in NO.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id like to hear how many pints they are awarding each other when they rewatch the game if you recall the article about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05