THE Game, from a Lions fan's perspective.

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Greetings All, long time reader of this board and a die-hard Lions fan. I think some of you think that Lions fans are over confident coming in to this weeks game. We arn't, we(and most of you) have been down this road way too many times before to be over confident in any game. The Lions are really playing " over their heads" surviving on turnovers, timely big plays, and very few mistakes. The defense is a little banged up this week as DE Dwayne White will be out for this weeks game which will make it difficult to create a pass rush without bringing on the blitz. The offense really hasn't got it rolling fully, Martz is running the ball too much. The Lions can be had through the air, the secondary gives up alot of yards but very few big plays which I think plays right into the Cards favor. Much like the Cards the Lions have 4 big play receivers which makes it difficult to defend. RB Kevin Jones has been playing well and getting chunk yard plays when the defense is spread out. Will weather be a factor in the game this week?? The Lions play terribly in hot weather. Will the dome be closed up?? Is it climate controlled?

I have a feeling that QB Warner will have his best game of the season against the Lions and the Cards pull off the win 31-24.

Arvos

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings All, long time reader of this board and a die-hard Lions fan. I think some of you think that Lions fans are over confident coming in to this weeks game. We arn't, we(and most of you) have been down this road way too many times before to be over confident in any game. The Lions are really playing " over their heads" surviving on turnovers, timely big plays, and very few mistakes. The defense is a little banged up this week as DE Dwayne White will be out for this weeks game which will make it difficult to create a pass rush without bringing on the blitz. The offense really hasn't got it rolling fully, Martz is running the ball too much. The Lions can be had through the air, the secondary gives up alot of yards but very few big plays which I think plays right into the Cards favor. Much like the Cards the Lions have 4 big play receivers which makes it difficult to defend. RB Kevin Jones has been playing well and getting chunk yard plays when the defense is spread out. Will weather be a factor in the game this week?? The Lions play terribly in hot weather. Will the dome be closed up?? Is it climate controlled?

I have a feeling that QB Warner will have his best game of the season against the Lions and the Cards pull off the win 31-24.

Arvos

Lions fans should be sky high and enjoying the nice start. I believe the players will be over-confident and lose. But you point out some very real defiencies which tend to favor the Cardinals, espescially at home.

Yes, the dome is air conditioned, although it looks like mid 70's weather and they should open the roof. It will be a sellout with all Red nation yelling their collective heads off and causing several false starts and miscues including a few on the Lions.

seesred

Reaction score
Welcome to the board, I'll take a Grey Goose Martini. Detroit fans shopuld be proud of what your team has done do far. 6-2 is only a pipe dream here in the desert. I just hope it's a great game and of course the Cards win. But thats what I've been wishing for since I've bought my seats in 1988.

GBR

Zebes

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with most of the experts, and do not believe the Lions are for real. I say 34-28. I give the Lions 28 because I have them in my office 28 club this week. Or else I'd say lower.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Arvos, welcome back. You should be excited about your team. Only years of being burned can cause fans to make predictions like the one you made. We are at a true crossroads. I really don't know which way we'll go. But, I'm not feeling too good about this game.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Welcome back Arvos...the talent is always there, but penalties and turnovers have killed us this year. Our defense is better than expected but I still see the Lions picking up the win, even with this game being a must win for the Cards. Can we get to the playoffs with 5 wins? :|

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on Offense for the Cards in 3 games.

The Cards defense weakness is the passing game. They can stop the run reasonably well, short passes, and not stopping 3rd and long seem like the Cards weakness. It also looks like the Lions strength.

If the Lions skimp on the run game and pass a ton, the Cards will go down in flames. If they think it's a road game and they can try to run to hold on, then the Cards will comeback and win in the 4th Q.

It's up to the Lions coach. Do they keep passing and keep their foot on the accellorator or do they try to hold on and run? I think the coaches for the Lions make the wrong call and Rackers kicks the winning FG at the buzzer!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If this season has taught me anything

and that is if the lesson is even consistent but I see a sloppy game on both ends and the win going to whoever? We're at home, so I guess we get a tiny edge.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I think the home team has won every game of this series since 1998 when Jake Plummer led the Cards to a game winning FG at Detroit in 1998. I remember Tony McCombs recovering a Frank Reich fumble to seal the win.
Other than Q's awesome performance in his rookie debut at Detroit the Cards have looked pitiful there since.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I agree with most of the experts, and do not believe the Lions are for real. I say 34-28. I give the Lions 28 because I have them in my office 28 club this week. Or else I'd say lower.

how is our offense going to score 34?

I see it something like 24-10. Lions.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
martz is running too much? I think that is a first. He rarely runs against us so if you want more passing your gonna get it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, I'll take a Grey Goose Martini. Detroit fans shopuld be proud of what your team has done do far. 6-2 is only a pipe dream here in the desert. I just hope it's a great game and of course the Cards win. But thats what I've been wishing for since I've bought my seats in 1988.

GBR

he's not new.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lions have just the offense to have put 35 on the cards D last week given how collectively crappy they were playing. Cards D better yank their heads out of their backsides and come ready to play (I expect) and play smart (I hope).

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score

GBR

Here's a man with good taste! I'll take 5!

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Im always lurking....

This is my favorite non-Lions message board on the web. Good straight talk, no name calling or other BS, and fans who truly appreciate the game of football and it's players. Plus I always love the rants if and when the Cards lose and especially draft day.....I was pulling for Levi Brown because I knew the reaction it would bring, and it surely didn't disappoint.