The good things that came out of today's game

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes we did. In the first QTR Boldin had to call a timeout because him and Johnson both were lining up in the same spot!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The good things that came out of today's game...

None, zip, nata.... a big --- 0!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1. We made enough mistakes today to lose 3 games, but we only get to lose 1.

2. My barbecued wings came out perfect tonight back here in the East, because I wasn't glued to the TV set for every play in the 4th quarter.

3. Boldin returned - I really thought his jaw had been broken.

4. Any high expectations have been eliminated, so I can just look forward to each game in terms of (a) who'll play well and (b) will we pull off an upset?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously not one positive thing I can think of from this game. We sucked in all facets.

That is even rare for the Cards.

OP
OP
ChiCard

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Yes we did. In the first QTR Boldin had to call a timeout because him and Johnson both were lining up in the same spot!

I must have missed that Shane. Then I take it back. Nothing good happen!!!!!:D

pinnacle

Reaction score
jeffgollin:

when I was walking to my car after the game...I was thinking the same thing (it is almost a crime that we only lost one game with this performance..we should be docked 2 losses)...

I thought we would struggle with seattle and detroit (I picked detroit and seattle to cover their points in all of the pools I am in)....but I thought the cardinals would do better playing green bay - maybe not a win - but at least be close or maybe a win...

after today's performance - I will have to see what the spread is...but I am starting to change my mind - maybe green bay will blow us out. skorp had seattle picked as a good matchup for the cardinals..I had green bay as the 1st possible win..after todays action...looks like that assumption was incorrect. ...

somehow we have to have virtually no turnovers and somehow create some against green bay...does not look good.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) I didn't go to the bar and spend money to see this on TV, then get laughed at.

2) McCown isn't a total waste of space.

3) I live in Denver so I won't have to read what the repusive spews about the loss manana.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin

1. We made enough mistakes today to lose 3 games, but we only get to lose 1.

2. My barbecued wings came out perfect tonight back here in the East, because I wasn't glued to the TV set for every play in the 4th quarter.

3. Boldin returned - I really thought his jaw had been broken.

4. Any high expectations have been eliminated, so I can just look forward to each game in terms of (a) who'll play well and (b) will we pull off an upset?

Excellent post. :)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I was able to stop watching football and finish my paper for school.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dennis Johnson may have saved his career. Didn't look too bad.

BTW: I missed the start of the 2nd half could someone tell me what happened on the 66 yard TD pass to start the 3rd Q?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duckjake
Dennis Johnson may have saved his career. Didn't look too bad.

BTW: I missed the start of the 2nd half could someone tell me what happened on the 66 yard TD pass to start the 3rd Q?

To me, it looked like Rhinehardt squatted on the out, then Jackson blew past him and Wilson was nowhere near close enough to help.

coyotecard

Reaction score
Good grief

I did not hear or see the game. All I got was score updates and I started to think it was a reporting prank of some sort.
What the heck happened? Did Blake really get injured? Were injuries a factor in the loss? I cant believe that this is the same team that I saw play the Vikes in preseason. When I saw the Cards D starters against the Vikes O starters I thought the Cards were going to have a pretty good front 4. Now it is beginning to look like they need a front 11!!!
I am starting to sense the same feeling of "betrayal" among the posters here that I "enjoyed" for several seasons living in AZ.
There have been so many changes since 1999 that I expected some of the old problems to go away. Maybe they havent.
The Cards sure arent behaving like an organization that is moving into a hard fought-for new stadium.
Could it be that the saying is true?
Nice guys really DO finish last!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That the game did last longer than it did.

That we have a week before we have to see another one?

Disgusting.

:thumbup:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually won the coin flip, but couldn't hold onto the momentum. :mad:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, it looked like Rhinehardt squatted on the out, then Jackson blew past him and Wilson was nowhere near close enough to help.
There were 2 long TD passes, both of which (mercifully) blur in my memory.

Seemed to me that Coby did squat on the out because he thought he had help deep from Wilson.

There was also the "juggling" play where Coby and (I assume it was) Wilson were double covering Jackson, Coby jumped the play and was able to somehow also "cancel out" Wilson giving Jackson clear sailing to the end zone.

BTW - I didn't realize that Koren Robinson wasn't active (I read somwhwew that he was sat by Holmgren for an unnamed breach of discipline). Imagine how scary it would have been if he had played too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: One good thing:

Originally posted by kerouac9
Emmit Smith broke his own record for career rushing yards.

Now that was funny, thanks I needed a laugh.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Our Pro Bowler averaged 54 yards/punt!!! Player is the only player that I will continue to have faith in until someone else proves themselves. I guess it's pretty sad when my favorite player is our Punter!!!!

No Player Haters!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05