The Hangover Part II

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Liam Neeson's cameo has been cut from the film. The trailer looks awful, the exact same plot as the first one. This is nothing more than a cynical money-grab.

Only suckers will pay to see this dreck.

Ghraxx

Reaction score
Liam Neeson's cameo has been cut from the film. The trailer looks awful, the exact same plot as the first one. This is nothing more than a cynical money-grab.

Only suckers will pay to see this dreck.

What if we torrent it? Then are we cool?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Neeson's scene being cut and Nick Cassavetes replacing him:

Phillip’s told Variety that he chose to cut the scene that followed Neeson’s cameo, which meant that the "Unknown" star’s scene would need to be reshot to include some new information.

Unfortunately, though, Neeson wasn’t available because he was in London shooting a sequel to "Clash of the Titans."

"We were in a complete time crunch so I called up Nick and asked if he would do the part," Phillips told Variety. "He came in and crushed it and that is the scene that you will ultimately see in the film.

Cassavetes directed "The Notebook" and "Alpha Dog," and acted in "Face/Off," among other films.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hangover Part II

Release Date: May 26, 2011
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Todd Phillips
Screenwriter: Scot Armstrong, Todd Phillips, Craig Mazin
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive language, strong sexual content including graphic nudity, drug use and brief violent images)

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Jeffrey Tambor, Mike Tyson, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, Bryan Callen, Nick Cassavetes

Plot Summary: In the follow-up to the record-breaking hit comedy "The Hangover," Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), Alan (Zach Galifianakis) and Doug (Justin Bartha) travel to exotic Thailand for Stu's wedding. After the unforgettable bachelor party in Las Vegas, Stu is taking no chances and has opted for a safe, subdued pre-wedding brunch. However, things don't always go as planned. What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in Bangkok can't even be imagined.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's been awhile but I remember Darkman being pretty funny. Also, Leap of Faith had a few chuckles in it. And everybody laughed during Nell - chickapea, chickapea.

Steve

Seriously that scene in the courtroom where Liam is "translating" Nell's jibberish is one of the most comical (albeit unintentional) scenes in film history.

Nell: "Misachikabee tay indaway"
Liam: "She feels sorrowful"
:D
lol

I will definitely see this. The first Hangover was classic, and then like anything else that's funny the masses got ahold of it and we all got sick of the jokes because they were everywhere, but the original movie was still hilarious.

Hope the 2nd is just as good.

Last edited:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
4/10. It was almost the exact same story as the first and they tried to make up for it by being more raunchy. It didn't work very well.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
4/10. It was almost the exact same story as the first and they tried to make up for it by being more raunchy. It didn't work very well.

I agree pretty much.

It was still funny and the audience laughed alot and there were plenty of haha moments but for the most part they took the jokes from the first movie and recycled them with an Asian twist. It reminded me of the feeling I had as a kid when I saw Home Alone 2 and even as a kid I'm thinking, hey this is the exact same movie!

for example:
- Alan drugged them again
- They lost someone again
- They had an unexpected guest when they woke up again (Monkey instead of a baby)
- Someone lost a body part again
- Stew screwed a hooker again (err was screwed I mean, which was pretty funny)
- Mr Chow showed his penis again
- Alan made a penis joke again (This time with a monkey instead of a baby)
- Stew did something stupid again (Instead of getting married he got a tattoo)
- There was a car chase with Stew screaming "WHAT IS GOING ON" again
- Phil got hurt again
- They even had the AHA moment at the end AGAIN...

you get the idea.

I just wish they had made more of an effort. They could have stuck to the formula while actually writing some new material. Such a waste.

6/10 from me. Funny at times, but should have been way better.

Last edited:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I agree pretty much.

It was still funny and the audience laughed alot and there were plenty of haha moments but for the most part they took the jokes from the first movie and recycled them with an Asian twist. It reminded me of the feeling I had as a kid when I saw Home Alone 2 and even as a kid I'm thinking, hey this is the exact same movie!

for example:
- Alan drugged them again
- They lost someone again
- They had an unexpected guest when they woke up again (Monkey instead of a baby)
- Someone lost a body part again
- Stew screwed a hooker again (err was screwed I mean, which was pretty funny)
- Mr Chow showed his penis again
- Alan made a penis joke again (This time with a monkey instead of a baby)
- Stew did something stupid again (Instead of getting married he got a tattoo)
- There was a car chase with Stew screaming "WHAT IS GOING ON" again
- Phil got hurt again
- They even had the AHA moment at the end AGAIN...

you get the idea.

I just wish they had made more of an effort. They could have stuck to the formula while actually writing some new material. Such a waste.

6/10 from me. Funny at times, but should have been way better.
Plus,
They thought the missing person was kidnapped, again.
They had to exchange money for him, again.
They had Stew singing a song about the situation, again (where did the guitar come from?).
Phil called Doug's wife, again. I know they were trying to make you think that Doug was getting lost again but, after you know it wasn't Doug, this makes no sense. Why would he call his best friend's wife when he could have just called Doug?
I thought the kid was way too calm about his finger being gone. BTW, they needed more with the kid before he went missing. He was barely in the movie before hand and he had NO personality. Why should I care if he's missing?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way! Who care about some intricate plot? I know I don't. The movie is meant to be ramped up raunchy comedy and it worked. Was funny as hell too. Theater was packed and it was rolling! Loved it and hope they make a 3rd which if opening weekend box office takes are a hint I'm sure they will.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I don't care about intricate. The first wasn't intricate. I just wish they had changed it up a bit more. When you know what's coming and you can predict most of the jokes beforehand, it's not nearly as funny. It's like knowing how the magician does his tricks before he does them. It doesn't wow you.

Oh, and the theater I was in wasn't laughing anywhere close to as much as when I saw the first one.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care about intricate. The first wasn't intricate. I just wish they had changed it up a bit more. When you know what's coming and you can predict most of the jokes beforehand, it's not nearly as funny. It's like knowing how the magician does his tricks before he does them. It doesn't wow you.

Oh, and the theater I was in wasn't laughing anywhere close to as much as when I saw the first one.

Can you explain the "same" jokes? We must have seen different versions?

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Jokes probably wasn't the right word. Both movies humor was mostly based on the situations that the guys got themselves into. And the situations were almost exactly the same (see listed in the posts above). It took a lot away from the humor for me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who said anything about intricate? I said they recycled every single joke from the first movie and I allready mapped out exactly how they did that. I didn't expect a brilliant screenplay, but actually writing new jokes would be nice. but as I said thats just IMO, I dont expect to convert the almighty master of the universe to my opinion! :p

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said anything about intricate? I said they recycled every single joke from the first movie and I allready mapped out exactly how they did that. I didn't expect a brilliant screenplay, but actually writing new jokes would be nice. but as I said thats just IMO, I dont expect to convert the almighty master of the universe to my opinion! :p

Plot almost identical YES! Jokes were not the same! Can you tell me what "jokes" were repeated?

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Plot almost identical YES! Jokes were not the same! Can you tell me what "jokes" were repeated?

Nah, I've already listed them, I dont feel like repeating myself or getting into an argument with you because I know that's a dead end road.

I'm glad you liked it, that's awesome.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, I've already listed them, I dont feel like repeating myself or getting into an argument with you because I know that's a dead end road.

I'm glad you liked it, that's awesome.

Again those are more plot issues which were really close I dont argue that. The jokes however are not the same IMO. I don't mnd the plot being so similar. The "oh **** factor here we go again" is part of what made it great IMO.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Again those are more plot issues which were really close I dont argue that. The jokes however are not the same IMO.

Thats cool I still heart Shane.:moon:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original "The Hangover" for me was the best comedy I've seen in the last 10 years. When they said that they were making a sequel I was very skeptical. How could they top the genius of the original?

Well quite frankly they couldn't. In fact director Todd Phillips decided to try and keep his majic formula by just casting the same spell all over again. However this time it would just be cast in a different location. I mean seriously nothing really changed. We are talking the exact same formula.

Well I'm sorry Mr Phillips, what made your original movie so great was all of the unexpected situations. To just blatently rehash everything that happened in the original was a complete mistake IMO. I mean come-on, we expect more than that.

Still the movie wasn't completely lost. The Chemistry between the original cast was still as great as it was before and yes there were about a half dozen or so really funny parts.

Was "The Hangover II" a teribble film? No. It was just a really poor copy of the original.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
MadCard, your assessment is almost spot-on. I did enjoy the movie, just not was much as the original. Yes, it was a re-hash of some of the original jokes but just watching Bradley Cooper was enough for me :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Again those are more plot issues which were really close I dont argue that. The jokes however are not the same IMO. I don't mnd the plot being so similar. The "oh **** factor here we go again" is part of what made it great IMO.

Nah man I totally disagree. I laughed a few times but I walked out thinking man I wish the writers would have put at least SOME effort in. That was the exact same movie (just in Thailand) which made it formulaic and left me thinking "oh here comes the part where they find the brother" or "here comes the pictures scene". And they did make the same jokes. Andy getting a tattoo on his face is the same joke as him pulling out his tooth. Mike Tyson appearing was the same joke. An animal getting left with them with no explanation was the same joke. These guys paryting "way too hard" and not remembering the night was the same joke.

What made the first so good was A) the originality and newness of Zack G b) being in a familiar and relatable landscape in Vegas and c) the premise of the movie was VERY original.

This just seemed like a total cash grab on everyones part to me. I can't think of one performance or aspect of II that was better then I.

In fact Zack was no where near as good which makes the movie 50% worse right off the bat IMHO.

But to each his own. :thumbup:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Finally got to see this movie

It was scene-by-scene the same movie template as the first, just take the nuances of Vegas out and replace it with that of Bangkok. It probably took the writers no more than two hours to lay out the entire concept of the movie.

Also, I didn't find Zach Galifinakis' character funny at all. When the original Hangover was made, he was a rather unknown to the leyperson. Now that he has done several movies and stand up shows since, he had a certain expectation I want to say. IMO, he was trying too hard to be funny and came off obnoxious.

There are still some extremely funny jokes and "WTF" moments, so it is still worth the price of admission.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05