The Kandi Man visits the Suns

Errntknght

Reaction score
nowagimp, "You do appear to need a refresher course in basic stats. DOnt even go therer with multivariate stats. A confidence interval means that you know that the data were drawn from the same distribution, which is what the PG discussion was about(different complementary players, different distribution) and you didnt seem to pick that up at all. I really dont need your kind of "MATH" help and neither does anyone else who is serious about stats. I also dont care what stats you have in front of you, you apparently dont even know how to use them. This discussion has just exceeded the "time wastage factor" as I know you will come back with some ignorant comment. Teach yourself statistician, as no one else can due to your arrogance."

Here's an ignorant comment for you. I didn't mention 'confidence interval', I mentioned 'confidence level' which is used in hypothesis testing, and frequently the hypothesis one wants to test is whether or not two samples could have been drawn from the same underlying distribution.

When one claims that there is no statistically significant difference, as you did in your most condescending manner, between two stats then I expect a statistical argument to back that up. Since you've been reluctant to provide one I suspect you were just carried away when you claimed there was no statistically significant difference and all you meant was that, in your opinion, there was no significant difference, and, of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

I've read all your boasts about how knowledgeable you are about statistics and you do seem to be aware of the terminology so you probably do know some. Maybe the problem is reading comprehension - you took me to task for venturing into multivariate statistics when I did no such thing and now you chide me about misusing 'confidence intervals' when I mentioned 'confidence levels' appropriately. As they say, a little learning is a dangerous thing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone hear any lastest news on Olwakandi coming to the suns or did we pass on him?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05