The Monday Night Game

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what do your non-Cards fans friends think about this MNF match up? I have a lot of friends on the East Coast who are not fans of either team (although some are Cards sympathizers due to my allegiance) and they are wondering why this match up is being played on MNF so early in the season. They have little to no interest in the game, especially since it is the later game. Plus, neither team has been superb in the past few years. Seems weird to play this game on prime time.

I realize the divisional implications and I am always happy to see my team in the natioanl spotlight, but it just kinda seems like an odd game to put on MNF at this point.

Thoughts?

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Both teams are considered "up and coming", so I guess they kill two birds with one stone by having them in the same game on MNF. Plus, The Cards did play
arguably the most entertaining MNF game last year.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah I dont know why it is so late, its fine for me here in the Bay but all the east coast football watchers, they arent going to stay up to watch this....

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Both teams are considered "up and coming", so I guess they kill two birds with one stone by having them in the same game on MNF. Plus, The Cards did play
yeah it was entertaining, because chicago came back late in the 4th qtr and won. the first three qtrs were boring unless you were a cards fan. so in that notion....not a game i would want to remember if i were a cards fan.
as far as this game. Well it is late and a good game for west coast football fans to enjoy. A real football fan will stay up and watch if they want to get a sneak peak at which bottom team from last year is ready to make a leap. Most people around the country think that both of these teams are on the rise. Of corse the 49ers have those glory years to get back to and they have many fans across the country because of it. I don't mind if the east coast goes to sleep. the heck with em' anyway. joking......go USA!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opening day is meaningful for all teams and most diehard fans. The NFL is banking on peaked interest for the opening week. Plus if they wait to long to feature either of these teams theres a good chance the game WON"T be meaningful.:)

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All the NFL did was shut us up by giving us a Monday Night Football game. They make it the late game, so your casual fan doesnt have to suffer thru it.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not A Late Game

if you live out west. The NFL is throwing those people a bone for having to live through MNG that start before they get home from work. And the two teams have more offensive stars or up and coming stars, then the game before. So if you like "D" watch the 7:15 game and if "O" is your delight then stay up late.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
True...but this country is based on east coast time. Which sucks for us East coasters

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe every team, now that the NFL network is on board showing games as well, gets at least one national TV game per season. So, that kind of makes sense to show the Cards in week one, since we'll be no worse than tied for second going into the game.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I know that I won't be watching this game due to the fact that it starts so late here on the East Coast. But I will TIVO it and hope I can avoid hearing the result until I can get home from work on Tues. & watch it then!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that I won't be watching this game due to the fact that it starts so late here on the East Coast. But I will TIVO it and hope I can avoid hearing the result until I can get home from work on Tues. & watch it then!

What?!? A REAL fan would call out sick for work the next day! :D

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I think anyone that wouldn't want to see our offense is off in the trees. If anyone is complaining, the complaint should be that they are getting screwed out of seeing the Matty Larry and Q show, only once this year and only then if they stay up real late. I feel sorry for those people. Either because they don't get to see our team or they are such pathetic football fans, that they wouldn't want to.

Man I'm glad I don't live back east. If I had to listen to that stupidity on a daily basis someone would be getting dummy slapped about once every hour.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I would watch a Cardinal game if it started a one in the morning. I switched days with a guy at work so I would not have to work Tuesday.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Simply put.. have you seen the other games scheduled? The lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Anyone remember the 2nd MNF game from last season's opener?

Chargers at Raiders.

Ugly.

This is prime time in name only. Per the network suits. So let's give those sleepy-eyed viewers one to remember!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think anyone that wouldn't want to see our offense is off in the trees. If anyone is complaining, the complaint should be that they are getting screwed out of seeing the Matty Larry and Q show, only once this year and only then if they stay up real late. I feel sorry for those people. Either because they don't get to see our team or they are such pathetic football fans, that they wouldn't want to.

Man I'm glad I don't live back east. If I had to listen to that stupidity on a daily basis someone would be getting dummy slapped about once every hour.
well i must have been in the trees last year when i went to a cardinals game. just kidding. yes i am excited to see the game, but there is a reason why it is scheduled as the late game. go easy on those easterners they are still americans you know.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arguably the most entertaining MNF game last year

You were entertained? I couldnt get a good nites sleep for two days after that game.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That game last year was the most miserable moment for me insports history. I am not lying at all. My freshamn year of high school my lacrosse team lost the division championship in overtime and I thought I was gonna die. This was worse. We atleast overachieved with a young team and didn't embarrass ourselves. The Cardinals did nothing but enforce their reputation as the worst team in professional sports.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That game last year was the most miserable moment for me insports history. I am not lying at all. My freshamn year of high school my lacrosse team lost the division championship in overtime and I thought I was gonna die. This was worse. We atleast overachieved with a young team and didn't embarrass ourselves. The Cardinals did nothing but enforce their reputation as the worst team in professional sports.
i don't know.....michigan collapsed last week from #5 to an afterthought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05