The Morning After

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought after a night's sleep this loss may not sting as much.

I was wrong.

This, to me, is the most painful loss I've experienced with the Cardinals (and, as you know, we have lots to choose from).

Here's what still sticks with me:

1. Warner. I've softened my stance a little on starting Leinart next week in the ATL. But, Warner is on a VERY short leash. He gets a half of work--30 minutes. If he hasn't cured his Plummeritis, then I'm shouting from the rooftops "START LEINART!!"

Judging from the post-game comments by players, sounds like they may be done with Warner even sooner than many of the fans. If Denny doesn't handle this right, then he'll lose the team...if he hasn't already.

2. Cornerbacks: First, why was Ware covering Holt? And, after the drive that Holt dominated, why didn't that situation get addressed? Rolle, Macklin, more zone schemes, any or all of these options were better than doing nothing.

3. Fullback: I think we miss Hodgins more than we know. Femi between the 20s is a good option, but when we got on the goalline we inserted Schable? WTF? If Femi is not a capable powerblocker, then we should have kept Hodgins.

Now, the good:
5. The line was run-blocking better then I've seen in a while. Ross played very well, and hopefully will only get better as he gets in shape.

6. Boldin is a man-child. A grown-ass man among boys.

7. Overall, the defense was pretty good. If we can hold teams to 16 on a regular basis, we should win a lot of games.

If I were to have told you yesterday morning that the Cards were going to hold the Rams to 16, get James 94 yards on the ground, Boldin 130 and Fitz 70 ... you might think we would've won that game.

Big Super

Kard's Kool-Aid Drinker
Reaction score
Question is - do we continue with Warner or go with Leinart? Where is that mark? Like Denver w/ Cutler, the "BRING IN LEINART" chant grows louder - justifiably so. I think we go tell Warner that the play after his next interception / fumble will be Leinart's big NFL debut.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
2. Cornerbacks: First, why was Ware covering Holt? And, after the drive that Holt dominated, why didn't that situation get addressed? Rolle, Macklin, more zone schemes, any or all of these options were better than doing nothing.

To be fair, no one could cover Holt. And Rolle couldn't cover Issac Bruce, either. I'm starting to get concerned about #21. He flat-out stunk yesterday. And he called out players in the paper today. Not good.

Matt Ware should not have been left on an island with Holt, but that was the design of the defense. Bad idea.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, no one could cover Holt. And Rolle couldn't cover Issac Bruce, either. I'm starting to get concerned about #21. He flat-out stunk yesterday. And he called out players in the paper today. Not good.

Matt Ware should not have been left on an island with Holt, but that was the design of the defense. Bad idea.

They gave up 16 points even with our O crapping all over the field. 16 POINTS!

If Warner, Boldin, Edge, Fitz cant get 16 points even without an oline something is wrong.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not that pissed about yesterday's game.

I didn't have high expectations anyways......so that's probably why it doesn't sting. We bottled Jackson up pretty well...and Edge was starting to come along. You just can't turn the ball over in the NFL.....we continue to find a way to shoot ourself in the foot....have done so for the last 19 games now.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nez isn't lying...he walked by us and said "what the hell is going on out there?" and shook his head...but I noted he didn't have an angry look on his face, just more of a "WTF??" look of incredulity.

The worst part of it is we kicked their a's all over the place, yet we turned it over at every important stage of the game. 28-16 should have been the final score. 24-16, not bad. 20-16? That should have been the smallest margin given the two turnovers inside the 7 yard line. 17-16 would have been just fine as well.

What happened was just mind-numbing.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
28-16 should have been the final score. 24-16, not bad. 20-16? That should have been the smallest margin given the two turnovers inside the 7 yard line. 17-16 would have been just fine as well.
If we didn't turn it over at all, they might not have even had 16--most of those points were as a result of a TO.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nez isn't lying...he walked by us and said "what the hell is going on out there?" and shook his head...but I noted he didn't have an angry look on his face, just more of a "WTF??" look of incredulity.

The worst part of it is we kicked their a's all over the place, yet we turned it over at every important stage of the game. 28-16 should have been the final score. 24-16, not bad. 20-16? That should have been the smallest margin given the two turnovers inside the 7 yard line. 17-16 would have been just fine as well.

What happened was just mind-numbing.
I predicted they'd beat us 17-13. I thought we'd play sloppy. It's just always dissappointing to see that. I am sore from yelling......118 had that place crunk in the fourth quarter.

Oh well....it's just football, right?? I'll still be there October 8th....hopefully some people will bail so I can roam around the EZ like I like to.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Rolle has shown nothing so far to get too excited about him.