The NBA's Version Of The Curse: The Phoenix Suns

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Heh, I hadn't read the article before now.

At least the Suns are finally getting some attention.

But seriously, the author is right, unless you want to argue about what constitutes a "curse" (which is silly, because it's a make-believe concept like ghosts or ESP). Like the Red Sox, the Suns have been their league's most tormented franchise for multiple generations of fans. No other team has come so tantalizing close so many times, only to fall short when it mattered most.

It's why we're all slightly insane on this board.

SLIGHTLY??

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
SLIGHTLY??

Sorry, only most of us are "slightly" insane. You're completely bonkers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Arguably the curse may be over, OR NOT. Amare is that big man the Suns have never seemed to get. Now his injury has me really wondering if we ARE cursed or not! :eek:

nowagimp

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
So there you have it -- 35 years of bad karma. From the first series against Wilt to the final kiss-off from Elie, there's never been a doubt about who the basketball gods are rooting against. There may not be a Bambino involved, but the Phoenix Suns are cursed. Let's hope they don't have to wait 86 years to see it reversed.

I guess that it may have been a curse to have to play against Chamberlain and company, Jordan and company, Magic Johnson and co, and Olajuwon and company. Many of the curse criteria are met, except the superior talent one, these were great teams. These guys are 4 of the 5 best players of all time, in my book.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
The Suns have never had a COMPLETE team that rebounded and played defense well. At least not since the late 80s when I started watching basketball. That said, there is some special 'Suns quality' where I never trust them with a big lead down the stretch, or with a big lead in a series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05