The NFL Distributes List of Head Coaching Candidates

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ian Rapport today reported that the Cardinals' have interest in Bill O'Brien and John DeFilippo, if BA does not return, fwiw.
I have a strong dislike for Bill O'Brien. Does he bring Mike Vrabel with him or does Vrabel get a HC gig himself.

BTW, O'Brien can't seem to groom a QB either (until Watson). What would he do with the Card's QB situation? Maybe he could bring Christian Mecklenburg with him.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapport today reported that the Cardinals' have interest in Bill O'Brien and John DeFilippo, if BA does not return, fwiw.
QB coach straight to HC is a huge jump, though. I wish BA would hire him as the OC. Then he takes over once BA retires.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
John Fassel was out of his league as a HC, I think he’s even said as much without directly saying it “I’m happy to be back with the special teams”. Watching the Rams in all or nothing didn’t inspire and confidence in him. Sure wish he was our ST coach tho, I’d double his salary and bring him in
Yep. Bones Fassell isn't going anywhere.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Matt Patricia is the best on this list.
Completely disagree. Look at the Goodell slamming t shirt he wore last year at the super bowl celebration...not what you want from a head coach.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Completely disagree. Look at the Goodell slamming t shirt he wore last year at the super bowl celebration...not what you want from a head coach.

I agree.
just like you dont want a HC who pulls his pants off like the niners had..
there is a certain amount of decorum and professionalism needed to represent an NFL team

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John Fassel was out of his league as a HC, I think he’s even said as much without directly saying it “I’m happy to be back with the special teams”. Watching the Rams in all or nothing didn’t inspire and confidence in him. Sure wish he was our ST coach tho, I’d double his salary and bring him in

Are you confusing father and son?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, after further research, I’m all in on DeFilippo.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Goodell is a douchebag... So I would give him positive points for that one... Too many other negatives to overcome though.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Bowles deserves the extension. Tough market in NY and he's stayed true to the course, despite little help from the GM with regard to the QB position.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can see Keenum ending up with Jets for $12 million a year for 3 years. Keenum is an average QB.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jay Gruden off the hot seat.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

One coach to take off the hot seat, if he was ever on it: #Redskins coach Jay Gruden. There is a deep understanding of the injuries they battled and how he and his staff kept it together. Heading into Week 17, no plans for major changes in Washington, sources say.