The Niners are not good...

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
1)They have a aging o line that we dominated all game
2) extremely subpar wideouts with a guy who lead the league in drops in jackson
3) overrated qb who last year was not asked to do much

All im saying is after the game I was extremely unimpressed with them They looked horrible.

And that is whats frustrating to me. We lost to a team that we are better than and in dramatic fashion.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

All im saying is after the game I was extremely unimpressed with them They looked horrible.

And that is whats frustrating to me. We lost to a team that we are better than and in dramatic fashion.

We have a rematch at home; we'll take care of business then!

The Dude

Rookie
Reaction score

1. Aging offensive line? Larry Allen is the only player on our line that exceeds the age of 30. All of our starters are still young. I am not even going to contest your argument because you are absolutely right you did dominate our line.

2. Agreed but Jackson is far better than anyone likes to admit.

3. Overrated by your standards, sorry Smith doesn't have Boldin, Fitz and Johnson to throw too. Are pass protection proved to be very suspect in tonights game. And right last year we didn't ask much of Smith, we asked him to hand-off to Gore and throw a pass to whoever was open(let me ask you is it Alex's fault if a receiver is not competent enough to get open? Is it Alex's fault if he doesn't have confidence in his pass protection?). In the opener we asked him to do all those things granted he did not have what appeared to be any form of success at all. But he found a way to take a drive from our 14 yard and make into the winning drive. After being dormant the entire game he finally showed up when it counted and it shows in the win column. I will gladly admit that Smith and our entire offense was absolutely dreadful but don't rob Alex of his contribution to the game winning drive.

This game was a roller coaster, and we definitely saw major flaws in both of our teams. I can understand your frustration, you have had our cards for the last 2 season but now lets think for one second. Is it possible that we have evened the playing field after acquiring a plethora of new talent? Is is possible that we have closed the distance that was so obviously wide between our teams in seasons past?

Genus49

Reaction score

Man, I hope the team feels just like you. I don't know if you noticed both teams on offense looked like crap.

And the 49ers OLine is hardly aging, get your facts straight. 1 guy out of 5 doesn't make an aging oline. I suppose your oline is getting younger by the day? And the 49ers oline played like crap...but not for the whole game - ie the last drive.

2. Obviously Fitz and Boldin > DJax and Battle no sane person would argue that.

3. You really gonna go there? Who has Alex Smith rated over Leinart minus 49er fans? Who performed better? Who's overrated...at least based on that game?

Keep in mind leinarts TD pass to take the lead at the end was on a short field, aided by some stupid penalties by the niners with no real time constraints.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd use the same strong words as the first poster but I did think that the "amazing defensive efforts" in this game were just as much poor offensive efforts. But TV doesn't show us what's going on downfield when a QB looks jittery and lost so I'll reserve judgment. Maybe everybody was just really well covered all day but neither QB looked very accurate even when guys were open.

It's way to early to tell (or to start jumping off of tall buildings, Cardinal fans) but it doesn't look like our division will be as "vastly improved" as everyone said it would be.