The Official Draft Lottery Thread

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
There's still room for the MLE. If they had one more solid veteran last year at any position they might've made the playoffs. The Hawks are not as bad as their record indicates.

My understanding of the MLE is only teams over the salary cap limit at the time free agency starts are allowed to use/are given the ability to sign a player with the MLE. The salary cap is expected to fall somewhere between 54.5 million and 57 million both of which I think the Hawks fall short of.

via hoopshype
current total salary: 48,421,832
salary of #3 pick: 3,121,500
salary of #11 pick: 1,605,900

Total projected salary: 53,149,232

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I can't say I disagree with you one way or the other, however Memphis is likely to trade Gasol and Lewis is likely gone from Seattle.

If Memphis had landed Oden, then I could see them getting rid of Gasol, but not now. They are in a position to draft a good compliment for the team and continue with Gasol as their big man.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Can someone calculate the odds of the Draft going the way it did today... meaning, all three teams with the highest chance of landing a top 3 pick, moving out of the top 3...

Thanks in advance. I just want to see how likely it is that Stern rigged it to 1) screw those teams that were tanking 2) screw the Suns again, and 3) prove once more that he is Hitler.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is a real kick in the groin. It just keeps getting worse. Not only do we not get the pick but now we get to watch Oden and Durant dominate our conference for the next ten years. In 2 years Portland is going to be unreal.

Sarver better keep everybody because next year will be the last chance the Suns have to win a championship for a long time.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty funny....looking at the site referrers coming in right now, we have Lakers and Hawks forums linking to us and they are all giving us crap :)

Sucks to be us this week!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Can someone calculate the odds of the Draft going the way it did today... meaning, all three teams with the highest chance of landing a top 3 pick, moving out of the top 3...

That's not the point. The probability of any given precise combination is extremely low, no matter what the combination is. You can look at any possible outcome and find ways in which it appears "unusual" or "surprising."

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's pretty funny....looking at the site referrers coming in right now, we have Lakers and Hawks forums linking to us and they are all giving us crap :)

What is the Hawk's board? I can't find it again and I figure it will be interesting to look at now and around the draft... and next draft.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but unless the suns pull a miracle off during this off-season I am taking a break from the nba.

Looks like dallas is staying put, so if the suns putter out and the spurs manage to beat out dallas in 7 next year, what is the point of watching an entire season again?

The ball is in dallas court now, time to get some balls and make some damn trades to go for the title because us suns, with our 80 million payroll and best barganing chip vanishing into thin (or shall I say rigged stern disease infested) air, we are sunk.

We will have basically the same team this year, just on a huge payroll which I doubt will happen since sarver isn't paying 90-100 million.

Yet again one of the worst times to be a suns fan.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have drowned my sorrows heavily tonight.

I was probably the saddest guy in Z Tejas. :(

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

they can give us crap, but we can still beat them with each player on the Suns having a hand tied behind his back.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had it!!!!!!!
This is crap! This sucks!!!!!!!!!!
GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I agree :(

I know at times I seem distant as a moderator but I live and breathe the Suns. This has been a crappy crappy week. It's like two kick to balls and you just have to stand there and take it.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
When I take a walk away from the nba after this summer (90% chance) I just want you guys to know that this was great while it lasted, these forums ruled and I liked everybody EVERYBODY who wasn't an obnoxious dallas/lakers/spurs fan.

At least we got 3 exciting years, small but at least something. Now it looks like we are driving into another dark long tunnel, and I sure as hell am not coming along for another one of those rides, especially when it is the darkest tunnel I have ever seen, with warped hellish cosmic things such as satanic spurs logos, evil empires and rulers enforcing nazi-like rulings, and everything going in super-slow motion *cough* spurs games *cough*.

Noooo way am I going along for that ride.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's kind of amazing that one week can basically kill a team that was arguably the second best or at worst the third best team in the league this year, but it feels like that's pretty much what has happened.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

Man looking at that lakers thread, what a bunch of utter idiots. Way to hold a grudge, guys. It was just happenstance the suns ran into you these last 2 years, what would have happend if it was dallas or the spurs?

Same scenario so get over it jesus it was the first rounds ffs. If you were a better team with more competent management it wouldn't have came to that both times. Holding grudges against teams that beat you in the first round, the epitomy of pathetic.

I can understand if a team is a contender losing in the 2nd or 3rd round, but the first freakin round and holding a grudge. My god lakers fans. Never, NEVER cease to amaze me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It doesn't matter. We could do NOTHING this summer and we'd STILL be much better than any of those teams.

That's like the makers of Shawshank Redemption being scared because Bio-Dome is being released the same weekend.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. We could do NOTHING this summer and we'd STILL be much better than any of those teams.

That's like the makers of Shawshank Redemption being scared because Bio-Dome is being released the same weekend.

Classic. :biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05