The official HOF Cards vs. Saints thread...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
again, as horrible as we look, i'm just glad we actually get to talk LIVE FOOTBALL again.

if Kolb's out a couple weeks, I gotta be honest... I'd just release his ass, or at least name Skelton the starter. i don't think it will euqla more wins or anything, but you just KNOW it's only a matter of time before Kolb gets injured again and when both guys are both pretty mediocre (and that's being kind), at least with Skelton, you know you won't be janking with whatever... oh whatever... in the words of the great Bill Murray in Meatballs... IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER.

Man, our rushing game better be good.

And another nice play by Skelton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing how much better the O-line looks without Kolb in the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In terms of money spent, time wasted, the draft pick, DRC (who like him or not certainly had trade value), its hard to think of a worse move.

Taking Duncan literally began the downfall of a team that had one of the best offenses in the NFL. They were a playoff team with Lipps but Duncan was a bust and the team didn't make the playoffs, then had drug issues and collapsed.

I can't imagine a worse decision by them. The difference is Lipps was the guy everyone thought we should pick, and he was a terrific player, instead we picked a guy who couldn't play and who was a total surprise pick.

With Kolb there was no Louis Lipps we should have traded for but didn't. There was no obvious move that we didn't make, like taking Lipps was.

I've always felt that one pick set the club back 5 years.

Skelton looking OK now at least.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Me likey Smith right now

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And then threw into double coverage behind the guy who was open when he first turned around. Late over the middle.

Kolb looks like he's done with a concussionso we all gotta get behind Skelton but come on good reads, the guy he threw to WAS open, he just didn't throw it until too late.

Well he's moving the chains now, and even though I thought Kolb gave us the best chance to win, wouldn't you agree that the offense looks more calm and settled with Skelton behind center? Yes, our Oline is bad, but they don't look nearly as bad with Skelton back there.

I'm disappointed, but I gotta be honest about what I'm seeing. And so far Skelton looks way far ahead of Kolb.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the zillionth time, skeltn is our guy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
say what you will, but for some reason the O-line just looks better with Skelton in there, as it did last season.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I think with as fragile, skittish and innacurate as Kolb is Bones has to get the nod. Lets get him ready for the season and quit waiting on something that is not going to happen. Skelton has good pocket presence and awareness.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"Time to get Housler involved"

you said it Bob

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skelton doesn't look nearly as timid or scared and hangs in the pocket.

He seems more comfortable just hanging out with the guys as well ... at least he seemed more comfortable and confident at training camp when there was nothing going on.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Need to go and get it here

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05