The official HOF Cards vs. Saints thread...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ahhh...... Poor Tackling. More of the greatest hits.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is really where I'm at and not really because i think one is better than the other. I think they both pretty much stink, but it's just a matter of time with Kolb before he gets injured.

I said it a few weeks ago if you're Whiz somewhere in the back of your head you have to be thinking Kolb is going to get hurt anyways so why not start Skelton.

I think Kolb healthy is the better player, but he can't stay healthy, he just can't.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nice drive.

At this point it's pretty clear Skelton is the starter if for no other reason than Kolb is going to miss too much time with the rib injury to get the job back by start of the season.

Hopefully Skelton can settle in protect the ball and utilize the weapons.

This OL still terrifies me.

If Kolb is going to miss more than a week, Skelton wins by default and he should be prepped for the rest of TC.

So far, he looks like he's reading defense better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Skelton has looked good. Not great but good. And that's what the Cards need this season to go along with their improved D.

He did make the Oline look better. Not good but serviceable. I'll say it now. He's the guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The run blocking really improved on that last drive.

Yeah but NO has almost all backups in against our starting OL. If they didn't look better I'd be REALLY scared.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was talking about that one play where it was said he made good reads when he actually threw late to the guy who was open when he first turned.

Since then he's looked quite good and I've posted that twice already.

Yes, I agree with you, wasn't disagreeing. The play (way earlier) when I said he made good reads, I agree with you, the throw was late--I was just hopeful because he surveyed the field and found the right guy (even though the throw was late (and slightly bad). I said nobody was open, I should have said nobody was uncovered. The play could have been made, you're right, and he didn't make it, but it I was still optimistic that he was looking around instead of (like Kolb) pre-determining where he was going to go with the ball.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for kolb as dissapointed as i am. Not his fault everyone evaluated him as much better than he is. Hes too fragile for the NFL. i think we can all agree theres no way he can be a 16 game QB

I think many of us saw that he couldn't be a 16-game QB way before this season. But, I agree. I do feel bad for him, and I really want him to succeed this season. But, when everyone thinks you're better than you are, then there's no success there.

this is really where I'm at and not really because i think one is better than the other. I think they both pretty much stink, but it's just a matter of time with Kolb before he gets injured.

Yup.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for kolb as dissapointed as i am. Not his fault everyone evaluated him as much better than he is. Hes too fragile for the NFL. i think we can all agree theres no way he can be a 16 game QB

I'm slowly coming around to this idea. Really wanted Kolb to be the guy, but I don't know after tonight's performance. I know it's only the first preseason game, but his performance was atrocious and he looked tentative (I wouldn't say scared, but tentative). Skelton looks like he wants to command this team, Kolb looked, to me, like he didn't even want to be there.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh god... who was that? #53? That was embarrassing.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am really beginning to love David Carter.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
Even if Kolb has more "skill" (which is clearly debatable), he seems to be prone to injury. Skelton needs work. Every game that Kolb starts now is taking away valuable reps that Skelton needs to continue develop...

I haven't had a favorite one way or another - just what's best for the team. I really thought Kolb would show more improvement this year

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bradley, outside of the dance moves, making a positive impact.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kolb healthy is the better player, but he can't stay healthy, he just can't.

What do you base that on? Kolb has NEVER shown that he is the better player.

Skelton is the better QB, whether Kolb is healthy or not. Kolb is a crappy QB, and will always be.

Skelton has potential to be good enough to win games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05