The Official "I heard JJ was..." Thread.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
...a slow-starter. He only averages 6-to-7 yards a carry to begin with.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
The most underrated 2000 yrd rusher in the history of the NCAA

Reaction score
What the heck it worked for Boldin!

"I heard JJ was"...

The cause of the recent quakes in Cali. Seems he hasn't been able to hit any DL's lately and needed to release some stored up energy!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Joining forces with Anquan Boldin to form the new Dynamic Duo!

You must be registered for see images

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear that JJ could just as easily turn into the next Rashaan salaam. :p

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear that JJ peed in Shane's corn flakes. :D

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Be honest, do you not like Arrington because you're wary of his game or because you jock Shipp?

Neither!

I like JJ. I just think that all the hype about him on this site is bordering on homerism. Lets see the guy play in the NFL before we annoint him to any pedestals.

Regardless of whether Green is here or not. There is almost as good a chance he will be a complete bust as there is he will be a star. Lets be honest the guys track record outside of last season isnt all that grand.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Neither!

I like JJ. I just think that all the hype about him on this site is bordering on homerism. Lets see the guy play in the NFL before we annoint him to any pedestals.

It's the off-season. And there is very little going on right and very little to talk about.

What people on this board talk about isn't really going to make much difference to how he is going to perform.

Lets be honest the guys track record outside of last season isnt all that grand.

It wasn't all that 'grand' because he was sharing carries, but even then he was still impressive. In 03', JJ had 600+ yds 5 TDS and a 5.7 avg on 107 carries. Also caught 21 passes for 180 yds and 3 TDS.

Seems to me, when he finally got the chance to be 'the man' in 04' he DESTROYED defenses.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the off-season. And there is very little going on right and very little to talk about.

What people on this board talk about isn't really going to make much difference to how he is going to perform.

You are correct. so why do i get jumped on when i point out that the kid could be a bust?

It wasn't all that 'grand' because he was sharing carries, but even then he was still impressive. In 03', JJ had 600+ yds 5 TDS and a 5.7 avg on 107 carries. Also caught 21 passes for 180 yds and 3 TDS.

Seems to me, when he finally got the chance to be 'the man' in 04' he DESTROYED defenses.

How does that translate to the NFL? Nobody knows!

His track record isnt good anyway you slice it(save one great year). I dont consider JUCO stats either.

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Shane is killing my thread... :eek:(

"I heard JJ was"...

...not too bright. Except for inventing personal anti-gravity units (that many suspect he wears under his football uniform), he scored low on the Wunderlich test.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Shane H said:
You are correct. so why do i get jumped on when i point out that the kid could be a bust?

What's the point in assuming the worst and being a pessimist about every single player drafted?

His track record isnt good anyway you slice it(save one great year). I dont consider JUCO stats either.

5.7 yds a carry in 03'. Then 7.0 yds a carry in 04'. That is good anyway you look at it.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Be honest, do you not like Arrington because you're wary of his game or because you jock Shipp?

Why should we believe that JJ is any better than Thomas Jones? There's only one reason, and that's green picked him instead of Mac.

Let's face it, the kid is a 50/50 proposition at best. You guys know me, I hope JJ rushes for 3000 yards with 80 tds in 05', but a rookie NFL RB is a risky bet.

And since you brought him up, let me just point out to you that shipp may be another one of those middle of the pack guys, but he's showed 10x more heart and determination than shelton or Thompson. Don't you dare put him in their category.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Nobodys a sure thing, no matter how many yards they had in college. But I dont see what more you could ask for in a #44 pick.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Shane H said:

:rolleyes:...Kill Joy!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the point in assuming the worst and being a pessimist about every single player drafted?

Show me where in my history on this site that I have been a pessimist about every player drafted on this site? Good luck.

5.7 yds a carry in 03'. Then 7.0 yds a carry in 04'. That is good anyway you look at it.

Yea the averages are good but is that all you see? Like I said I will give him 2004. He had a great year I repeat one great year. The year before he had a high average as a part time RB who couldnt even start. Who was the guy starting ahead of him that year? Where is he today etc.....

The guy couldnt even start off at division one.( That speaks volumes IMO especially for a RB)

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Show me where in my history on this site that I have been a pessimist about every player drafted on this site? Good luck.

I never said that you did? Because my point was that you could say the same things about EVERY single player drafted because they could all 'potentially bust'.

But again, whats the point of being a pessimist and assuming the worst about a player? Or comparing JJ to Rashaan Salaam and saying 'but he could bust!' instead of looking at ways he can help this team? :shrug:

Yea the averages are good but is that all you see? Like I said I will give him 2004. He had a great year I repeat one great year. The year before he had a high average as a part time RB who couldnt even start. Who was the guy starting ahead of him that year? Where is he today etc.....

The guy couldnt even start off at division one.( That speaks volumes IMO especially for a RB)

No, it doesn't. Many players have suceeded in the NFL when they haven't come from big schools or division one. But that's pretty irrelevant when you consider that JJ then proceeded to run off 2000+ yds for Cal. Making this pretty much a moot point!?

Last edited:

CronosCard

Veteran
Reaction score
"..And in this corner.."

I took the wonderlick when I started college and she said I got 61 out of 50.. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan