The Official Impatiently Awaiting the Finley News thread

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freaking tell us already, I can't stand this suspense.

I want him in a Suns uniform, and I want him here bad....

We'd better find out today :)

Mike

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm more ambivalent about his playing for the Suns -- even though he's always been one of my favorite players -- but I do want the decision to come down soon. Finley's indecision is paralyzing most other FA movement in the league, and it's getting boring.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
This certanly has been the summer of waiting for the suns. Next thing on our "wait list" is: THE AMARE EXTENSION!

:)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm dreading all the articles about how Michael Finley will save the Phoenix Suns off-season if they do get him, or the doomsday articles if he goes somewhere else.

Forget about free agency... Michael Finley's indecision is paralyzing this message board. We need something good to talk about.

Joe Mama

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I'm dreading all the articles about how Michael Finley will save the Phoenix Suns off-season if they do get him, or the doomsday articles if he goes somewhere else.

Forget about free agency... Michael Finley's indecision is paralyzing this message board. We need something good to talk about.

Joe Mama

Yeah, the articles will be funny i'm sure. I think it's just hard to talk about the team, when it still isn't complete (roster wise). I don't think it's all over if finley doesn't come here.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible that Hurricane Katrina delayed Finley's announcement? You know, out of respect for people having to deal with that horrible tragedy and everything.

Also, perhaps he feels it would be bad luck/karma to talk basketball on such a terrible day, too.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Katrina already went through Miami, so maybe they are waiting to get all those dumb Finley in Heat uniform banners back up. :rolleyes:

fordronken

Reaction score
I was thinking that Finley going to Miami was all set, and then he was driving with his agent and saw those stupid banners and said "Sheesh...I think I'm gonna need some time to figure this out. You said Kevn Garnett called too? They didn't send a friggin' book, did they?"

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
*taps foot impatiently....*

Mike

He's doing this just to piss you off Mike :p

On ESPNews they mentioned that they would have a report on Fins in the near future. Probably just more speculation though

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
does anyone else besides me see this as a good thing that he is taking this long to decide....Its already 5 o clock eastern....I think the longer he takes the more the ol' purple and orange are plucking at his heart strings

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
On ESPNews they mentioned that they would have a report on Fins in the near future.

That's a safe prediciton, since "in the near future" doesn't really mean anything.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
elindholm said:
On ESPNews they mentioned that they would have a report on Fins in the near future.

That's a safe prediciton, since "in the near future" doesn't really mean anything.

Bucher on now to bring his speculation to the table again

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Bucher
- Down to Miami, San Antonio, and Phoenix (no kidding)
- If you listen to sources from around league Miami is destination all along but if that were true he's "making one heck of a smoke screen"
- Addition of Finley won't shift power greatly for any of the teams

Other than that NADA

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

What ESPNews forgot to mention is when they are saying near future that are speaking in terms of geological time.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but this just hit me as I clicked "Submit Reply"

Does this Finley waiting game remind anyone else of the seemingly endless waiting and rambling about the waiting that took place on the old rivals site the summer Big Jake was in the middle of arbitration between the Suns and AEK. I hope in this case the news is as good, but the impact is much greater.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Estragon: And if he doesn't come?

Vladimir: We'll come back tomorrow.

Estragon: And then the day after tomorrow.

Vladimir: Possibly.

Reaction score
That could be good news for the Suns...

...Walker has the reputation for being one of those guys..."the more you are around him the less you like him"........

...by the end of the week, Walker may end up selling Finley on Phoenix!

Come on Walker...say something controversial and/or innappropriate...like..."I really hope you decide on Miami cuz we really need 8-10 minutes of good play off the bench"....

:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake