• Yes we need him...

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Thx but no thx...

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
No, I don't think so...other than a bum achilles and a past reputation of sacking the QB, I don't see much upside...

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I vote yes.

I always remember in the 98 playoff game against the Cowpokes. When Jamir lined up over the middle and hammered Aikman for like a 5 yard loss.

It was so sweat.....

Not to mention kicking their ass:thumbup:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I voted no thanks. We have too many linebackers as it is. I want to see what the young guys can do. I don't want to cut somebody to bring Jamir back.

adam

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
I voted no thanks. We have too many linebackers as it is. I want to see what the young guys can do. I don't want to cut somebody to bring Jamir back.

As a LB yes I would agree.

I thought I heard that he wanted to play DE. I would think at DE he may help us out IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see what he offered as a DE - he's still young - 28 I believe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
even coming off of an injury he may be the greatest impact player on our defense. that's a hearty yes!

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
true, I wasnt interested in him as a LB, but a DE that is a thought...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I'd rather see Johnson, Pace and KVB develop at DE.

And Fisher and Thompson at OLB as well.

Hey Fisher can develop all he wants - Jamir - IF HEALTHY - has shown to be a very good LB and he is still young and he can be and already was a leader on this team - if he's healthy, he's a proven commodity who has a passion for the game, plays hurt and has attitude - something this team is sorely lacking IMO - either DE or LB - the guy IF HEALTHY could be an impact player - all that being said - I don't believe there is any way in hell he ends up here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
I don't believe there is any way in hell he ends up here.

Does anyone know how he got along with Davey Mac when he was DC and Jamir was a player? I would assume that if he left, Mac wasn't particularly sad to see him go.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Does anyone know how he got along with Davey Mac when he was DC and Jamir was a player? I would assume that if he left, Mac wasn't particularly sad to see him go.

He wasn't happy because he didn't feel like he was being used on the blitz enough.

He was probably right.

I'm sick of this read and react defense.
Marmie sucks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't happy because he didn't feel like he was being used on the blitz enough.

He was probably right.

Marmie sucks.

agreed. especially with the lack of overall speed this defense has had in the past.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He was probably right.

Marmie sucks.

Yeah, what I meant was did Mac like him? I would think that it hinges on whether or not Mac wants him back, and I would guess that he doesn't.

I'd like the "read and react" defense more if it worked at all. Apparently, it doesn't. Remember those dominant ASU D's in the late 80s and early 90s? And all the dominant Ds that have historically been in the Pac 10?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
agreed. especially with the lack of overall speed this defense has had in the past.

it's so cute! beef is trying so hard to be agreeable!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Jamir is 85% he can make a contribution to this football team. I say we get him. If he's at better than that, we have one of the league's better pass rushers on our hands.

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
i say sign him, it would make sense. wasn't marmie talking about using a five man front w/ 4 d ends?

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
awnsered my own ? here it is.
Defensive coordinator Larry Marmie is experimenting with a 5-man front to come up with a pass rush. It could possibly feature four defensive ends and a linebacker at any given moment during a game. This is an area where the Cardinals need to explore as many options as they can to put heat on the quarterback. Although everyone talks about the sacks, it begins with getting a push up front which leads to putting pressure on the quarterback.
this is from mj's birdseed colum. i say if this is the case sign him now this is a completley differant team than the one jamir hated so sign him if we can b/c he would be a huge addition

assuming we sign miller and we do run a 5 man front,who do you guys think will be those 5 men?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05