The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
vince56 said:
:biglaugh:

Honestly. I'm one of the few that didn't have a problem with that line. I don't get why so many people didn't like it. I thought it made Vader's character all the more tragic.

:rockon:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
vince56 said:
:biglaugh:

Honestly. I'm one of the few that didn't have a problem with that line. I don't get why so many people didn't like it. I thought it made Vader's character all the more tragic.

There's a way to make him tragic more than doing a Frankenstein walk and screaming "NOOOOO!" That smacks of melodrama, which the Star Wars movies all suffer from (especially the prequel).

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This just in. You can buy the DVD on November 8th, however the DVD has been out for a little more than a month. :wave:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
This just in. You can buy the DVD on November 8th, however the DVD has been out for a little more than a month. :wave:

ok dude, link to the torrent. :p

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
let me just say that there is a perfect dvd copy out there...not like i have seen it :biglaugh:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:

I went back east and was in New York City where they were selling the bootleg copy for $10.00. My friend bought one and the quality is very good. The only problem is it has numbers on the top of the screen.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The one I have seen, eerrrr heard about has full menus, dolby digital, and absolutely no numbers. I have also seen, eeerrrr heard about the one with numbers. Trust me, the other one is light years better. It is basically one you could just go out and buy at the store.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thier is one that I have heard people may have gotten already, have some deleted sceenes in them, but the quality looks unwashed, of course I can niether deny or confirm this is true since I would never associate with someone who would own a movie before they were suppose to. ;)

Last edited:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
I ones that I have heard people may have gotten already, have some deleted sceenes in them, but the quality looks unwashed, of course I can niether deny or confirm this is true since I would never associate with someone who would own a movie before they were suppose to. ;)
My thoughts exactly. Owning movies before they are released is just plain wrong.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Star Wars Episode III DVD details...

From Nightly.net:

- Eight exclusive deleted scenes with introductions: The Fuel Tank, Shaking Grievous, Palpatine's effors, Shaak ti's destiny, a borning rebellion, Yoda's scape from Kashyyyk (extended), an old friend (the cut Qui-Gon ghost scene), the far planet of Dagobah, a deathly building (extended)

-"To the Dark Side" (85 min.): all-new full-length documentary about the production of the last StarWars episode.

-"The Bridge of the Saga": Taking the last pieces to the puzzle.

-"Brother Vs. Brother" The hard job to get the amazing final duel.

-Two featurettes examining the Anakin's destiny and the special effects.

-Web documentaries

-Exclusive production photos

-One-sheet posters

-International outdoor campaign

-Trailers and TV spots

-"This is not the end of Star Wars": About the future of the Saga.

-ILM visual effects breakdown montage

-Exclusive DVD-ROM content

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucas on the Star Wars: Episode III DVD
Source: New York Post
September 18, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith hits DVD on November 1 and the New York Post talked to George Lucas about what kind of deleted scenes we can expect.

"Most are Senatorial in nature," Lucas said, "Some are about the conspiracy, in terms of starting the Rebel Alliance. But mostly there's lots of beautiful costumes!"

:|

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Star Wars: Episode III DVD Features
Source: Fox Home Entertainment
September 26, 2005

After breaking box-office records and bringing the "Star Wars" saga to an astounding close, the biggest movie of the year gets even bigger when "Revenge of the Sith" debuts on DVD Nov. 1 in a two-disc set that brings remarkable new insight into the creation of this action-filled epic.

The Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD promises an experience that will thrill "Star Wars" fans worldwide, says Jim Ward, the DVD's executive producer and Senior Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd.

"The fact that 'Revenge of the Sith' was produced digitally means that the picture and sound on this DVD are truly extraordinary," Ward said. "On top of that, the hours of bonus material allow fans to explore the movie in a multitude of ways. For this final 'Star Wars' movie, we wanted to deliver a DVD that would capture the excitement and fun of 'Revenge of the Sith,' and we hope that fans will agree that we've accomplished that."

The centerpiece of the bonus materials is "Within a Minute," a newly produced feature that offers unprecedented insight into the complexity of creating a single 49-second sequence of "Revenge of the Sith." From pre-production artists to costume designers, from camera operators to make-up artists, from sound designers to musicians, "Within a Minute" showcases the massive amount of work that goes into one short sequence. This one-of-a-kind journey was created from more than 600 hours of material gathered throughout the process of making "Revenge of the Sith" and is hosted by Episode III's producer, Rick McCallum.

"There are hundreds of names and jobs in the end credits of 'Revenge of the Sith' -- but hardly anyone understands just what all of those people do and what an enormous contribution they make to the movie," said Tippy Bushkin, the documentary's director. "By focusing on less than 60 seconds of the movie, 'Within a Minute' is almost a 'mini-film school' in which Rick and George examine the entire process of making Episode III in a fun and fascinating way."

In addition to "Within a Minute," the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD offers a host of special features that illuminate the process of creating the epic interstellar adventure. Among them are deleted scenes that bring new perspective to the Star Wars saga.

"The deleted scenes include one that fans have been waiting a long time to see, one that shows Yoda arriving on the swamp-planet of Dagobah, where Luke Skywalker meets him in 'The Empire Strikes Back,'" Ward said. "George worked with Industrial Light & Magic and Episode III Producer Rick McCallum to finish most of these scenes with complete visual effects and sound design, and they bring a new perspective to the movie."

The DVD bonus features also include a newly recorded audio commentary featuring Lucas and key members of the movie's crew. In addition, the DVD offers a pair of brand-new featurettes -- "The Chosen One" and "It's All for Real" -- that look at two of the movie's most popular aspects: Anakin Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader; and the creation of the amazing stunts in the climactic lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

In addition to its Nov. 1 DVD debut in the U.S. and Canada, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith will be released in most major territories around the world on or about the same day.

:jedi:

I don't know about other retailers, but I've already heard that Wal-Mart is going to have some bonus dvd packaged with their Ep III DVD.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eight charged in theft of "Star Wars" movie
Sep 27, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -
Federal officials on Tuesday charged eight people with several crimes related to the illegal theft, copying and Internet distribution of hit movie, "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith."

The movie, which was the final installment made in the lucrative series of "Star Wars" films by director George Lucas, debuted in theaters worldwide to huge media fanfare in May.

But before it ever opened, an illegally made copy could be downloaded from the Internet, and that copy was traced back to an editing facility in Lakewood, California.

The charges come as moviemakers wage a battle against illegally copying and distributing movies on video, DVD and the Internet. Hollywood's studios claim they lose $3.5 billion in annual revenue due to piracy and are worried about losing billions more if swapping films on the Web becomes common.

The U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles filed a copyright infringement charge against Albert Valente, 28, of Lakewood, California, for taking the "Star Wars" copy from the post-production house where he worked. He has pleaded guilty, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement.

Six others were charged with copyright infringement and other misdemeanors for copying and distributing the "Star Wars" film that Valente took.

One defendant, Marc Hoaglin, 36, of Huntington Beach, California, was charged with a felony for putting the movie on the Web where it could be downloaded by anybody. Hoaglin could face up to as much as three years in jail.

Separately, the U.S. Attorney also charged Ronald Redding, 37, of Linthicum Heights, Maryland, with misdemeanor copyright infringement for giving away his "screener" copy of "Million Dollar Baby," which was sent to him for Academy Awards voting. He agreed to plead guilty, the U.S. Attorney said.

Finally, Eric Wright, 43, of Bellflower, California, has pleaded guilty to one count in trafficking in counterfeit DVD labels for films such as "The Incredibles" and "Friday Night Lights." He faces up to five years in a federal prison.

:eek:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
"The deleted scenes include one that fans have been waiting a long time to see, one that shows Yoda arriving on the swamp-planet of Dagobah

:thumbup:

I'm also hoping for the Qui-Gon / Yoda scene that was hinted at in the theatrical film. I think a lot of Star Wars fans were looking forward to that moment, and I was kinda disappointed that it was only hinted at in the movie. Ben Kenobi's ability to disappear upon death and guide Luke was a stape of the old trilogy, and that should've been explained better in the prequels.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Eight charged in theft of "Star Wars" movie
Sep 27, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -
Federal officials on Tuesday charged eight people with several crimes related to the illegal theft, copying and Internet distribution of hit movie, "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith."

The movie, which was the final installment made in the lucrative series of "Star Wars" films by director George Lucas, debuted in theaters worldwide to huge media fanfare in May.

But before it ever opened, an illegally made copy could be downloaded from the Internet, and that copy was traced back to an editing facility in Lakewood, California.

The charges come as moviemakers wage a battle against illegally copying and distributing movies on video, DVD and the Internet. Hollywood's studios claim they lose $3.5 billion in annual revenue due to piracy and are worried about losing billions more if swapping films on the Web becomes common.

The U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles filed a copyright infringement charge against Albert Valente, 28, of Lakewood, California, for taking the "Star Wars" copy from the post-production house where he worked. He has pleaded guilty, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement.

Six others were charged with copyright infringement and other misdemeanors for copying and distributing the "Star Wars" film that Valente took.

One defendant, Marc Hoaglin, 36, of Huntington Beach, California, was charged with a felony for putting the movie on the Web where it could be downloaded by anybody. Hoaglin could face up to as much as three years in jail.

Separately, the U.S. Attorney also charged Ronald Redding, 37, of Linthicum Heights, Maryland, with misdemeanor copyright infringement for giving away his "screener" copy of "Million Dollar Baby," which was sent to him for Academy Awards voting. He agreed to plead guilty, the U.S. Attorney said.

Finally, Eric Wright, 43, of Bellflower, California, has pleaded guilty to one count in trafficking in counterfeit DVD labels for films such as "The Incredibles" and "Friday Night Lights." He faces up to five years in a federal prison.

:eek:

I wish I knew which post house he was from--I'm sure they have at least one opening now... :D

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Check out this link I got from Sean: Ep III pics

Nice find Brian. Too much info about Shaak Ti's death, I would've liked to have waited for the film to see that!

The fuel room scene with Anakin and Obi Wan was actually a level in the ROTS Xbox game, so I was wondering why that was cut from the movie.

I still want to see a Qui-Gon scene, but it looks like that's probably not going to happen.

Then again, if I had it my way, Vader would've been in the suit and killing jedi by the middle of the 2nd prequel :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally saw this last night :)

Excellent movie. I haven't viewed the deleted scenes yet.

The book that came out goes into more detail in some areas lacking in the movie (so my partner tells me - he's read the book) - especially the Qui-Gon portion, and the turning of Anakin. That to me was the only weak scene - it seemed way to easy.

And it was Darth Sidious that had originally ordered the clones, and had them programed/trained with Order 66 - so all he had to do was tell them to execute the order, and they turn on the Jedi.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Finally saw this last night :)

Excellent movie. I haven't viewed the deleted scenes yet.

They should've left at least one of the senator / rebel alliance scenes in the movie. The woman who plays Mon Mothma absolutely nailed the character (she looks so much like the original actress from Return of the Jedi it's spooky).

I was running through the documentaries on the 2nd disc and saw something interesting. They have a CGI Yoda re-enacting the "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to sufferring" scene from Episode I. I can only guess this means Lucas is going to re-release an updated set of Star Wars movies in a couple years. Maybe Hi-def. Who knows.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Plea deal reached in `Star Wars` piracy
By UPI - Dec 14, 2005

LOS ANGELES --
A California man has pleaded guilty to putting the latest 'Star Wars' movie on the Internet before it was released in theaters.

Marc Hoaglin, 36, of Huntington Beach, Calif., pleaded guilty to federal copyright violation in Los Angeles Tuesday in exchange for a sentence ranging from probation to six months in prison, the Los Angeles Times reported.

If the case had gone to trial, Hoaglin faced a maximum three years in prison if convicted, the newspaper said. Sentencing was set for March 6.

Hoaglin was the first person convicted under the 2005 Family Entertainment and Copyright Act, which made it a federal felony to upload a movie before its DVD release, prosecutors said.

Court documents said the copy of 'Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith' was taken by an employee of a post-production facility and it went through several hands before making its way to Hoaglin, who put it on the Web May 18 -- the day before the film was released.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is on HBO today and I'm working at home....so it's on the TV as I work.

Sorry, but Obi Wan could never have beaten General Grievous with the four lightsabers....

How could you stop all four with one?

Anyways...carry on.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
How could you stop all four with one?

Obi-Wan is one of only two jedi to survive the jedi purge. He's the only one to best Anakin as Darth Vader until Luke does in ROTJ. He's a Jedi Master with the force as his ally. General Grevious is just a cyborg with 4 swords. He's no jedi.