The Official Star Wars Episode III thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Dude, I was ASKING A QUESTION.

Well, since you answered your own questions by asserting you thought Grand Moff Tarkin was indeed a Sith, I rightly said you're wrong. You asked a few questions, yeah, but you answered them yourself. Answered them wrong. Sorry, not trying to be mean about it.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
1. Saw the movie this past Sunday, and I thought it kicked ass.

2. I'm not reading this entire thread, what is the argument about?

Djaughe

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Something with Sith's and Jedi's.

Sounds like a cool rpg...or it could be another version of Shoots and Ladders...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spoilers

One of the coolest scene was when Obiwan was fighting that guy with the skeleton head who had the 4 light sabers at one time. That was crazy!!!!

I didn't really understand everything that went on cuz I've only seen the other movies once, but the graphics and lightsaber fights were awesome! I love Yoda. And of course R2D2... love that little guy!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
spoilers

One of the coolest scene was when Obiwan was fighting that guy with the skeleton head who had the 4 light sabers at one time. That was crazy!!!!

I didn't really understand everything that went on cuz I've only seen the other movies once, but the graphics and lightsaber fights were awesome! I love Yoda. And of course R2D2... love that little guy!

I would also like to add that the scene where all the jedi got killed almost had me in tears. I wish they would have played up Anakin's rollercoaster ride into the darkside a bit more - I do think it felt kind of rushed - but overall it was intense.

Like some others have said, and I agree with, I did not like Natalie Portman's character or lines. She is a great actress (see Garden State) but every line in this movie had me cringe... ESPECIALLY the "hold me" part. UGH!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Sorry for the third straight post, but that's what good post padders do.

ANYWAY, my question is about the death of Padme. Right before she gave birth to twins, that robot nurse said she's dying and that she's lost the will to live. It's because of Anakin's turn to the darkside, correct? And not necessarily his throat grab. Or a combo of both. Did Anakin "kill" her?

What is everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
It's because of Anakin's turn to the darkside, correct? And not necessarily his throat grab. Or a combo of both. Did Anakin "kill" her?
I took it as she didn't WANT to live anymore, not that Vader physically killed her....and I didn't buy it. She just had babies--doesn't that count for anything in the future, or is that why we have droids? I think it was pretty stupid that she died of a broken heart. :shrug:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars Ties Record for Fastest to $200M
Source: Box Office Mojo
May 27, 2005

George Lucas' Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith has tied the record set by Spider-Man 2 for fastest to the $200 million mark in just eight days. The third and final prequel has amassed $200.4 million in the time frame and already $356.9 million worldwide.

"Revenge of the Sith" has climbed to the 59th spot on the all-time domestic blockbuster list in its first week and is currently at #92 on the all-time worldwide list. It is expected to move up significantly on both lists over the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

"Episode III" has also surpassed Sony's Hitch ($177.6 million) to become the biggest movie of 2005 so far in North America. (In only 6 days, according to a radio report I heard yesterday.)

:jedi:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
i saw the movie with the wife and kids today and i really liked it. it makes me kind of sad that episode 1 sucked so bad though. i could of handled episode 2 if 1 was good, but back to back they were awful. luckily lucas managed to get episode 3 right.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it; loved it.

We prepped for this one, watched the OT again, then Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and the Clone Wars cartoon. So the whole series was fresh in our minds.

Revenge of the Sith was the movie I *wanted* to see back when the prequels were announced. I think this is my second/third favorite in the series. I am of the few that really loved ROTJ mostly because of the Jabba rescue scenes (bikini...) and the showdown at the end, and Luke redeeming the Chosen One, Anakin. I used to put Empire right behind it.

I think Sith is going to be my second favorite after another viewing (if it even takes that). It ties everything together and puts the entire series in a new light. ROTJ was always kind of odd in that I was supposed to be happy that this bad mother...shut yo mouth...Darth Vader got to go to the light. I never felt the emotional connection to that other than through Luke. After this movie, the events in ROTJ are painted in such a different light, and I thought it was a nice tie to have Padme talk about "there's still good in him, I know it" as she dies...with a little baby Luke right beside her. Luke then carries that theme into his final battle against his father, who finally returns to the light. I care a whole lot more *now* that Anakin redeemed himself than I did then. Before it was more "yay Luke, ya saved yer dad." Now it is the redemption of a tragic character who lost his way because of his past and his depth of emotion that he felt for those he loved (mom, Padme).

This movie gave me more appreciation for Attack of the Clones as well, especially the killing of the Tuscan's in revenge for his mother as it set up his unrelenting quest to save Padme in Sith. As he said when he buried his mother "I failed you. I will not fail again." Tragic story, and this movie really tied everything together.

I watched Phantom Menace in the theatre, and was so disappointed that I didn't watch Clones until about 4 months after the DVD came out before I ended my boycott.

Sith was a great moviegoing experience...and the Obi/Anakin moment as Anakin lay legless and beaten was spectacular.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was actually sad to see Episode III

The series is over and growing up with the toys, the movies, the anticipation of the new trilogy is now over and it's sort of disappointing. I was fortunate enough to see Empire and Jedi in the theater the first time around and I have been captivated by the stories ever since.

I totally loved this movie, I liked how dark it was. I was pretty suprised at the violence of the movie. The decapitions, the loss of limbs, the death by just about everybody it seemed. I also really enjoyed how they tied most everything together at the end.

The only part that bugged me was at the end when Obi-Won picked up Anakin's lightsaber. It was a blue light saber and the one he gives Luke in Episode IV is green. Plus Anakin never mentioned anything to Obi Won about him wanting his child to have it. Kinda dumb but I like seemless ending :D

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
The only part that bugged me was at the end when Obi-Won picked up Anakin's lightsaber. It was a blue light saber and the one he gives Luke in Episode IV is green. Plus Anakin never mentioned anything to Obi Won about him wanting his child to have it. Kinda dumb but I like seemless ending :D

We just watched A New Hope last night, and I didn't remember Obi-Wan taking Anakin's lightsaber, but I guess he did.

Too bad the colors were different, seems like that could have been easily avoided.

But as far as Anakin never saying that, it's obvious that he didn't because he didn't know he had a son. I think Obi-Wan just said that to Luke, because he knew it was time for him to have it.

Mike

Bobcat

Reaction score
This is Vince56, I'm over at my dad's house, so I'm logged on as Bobcat :D

Luke's saber was blue, not green. Go back and re-watch ANH. In ANH it was a very light, cyan-like blue, and he used that same saber in The Empire Strikes Back. The technology wasn't very good when they did ANH, so that was the best their rotoscoping could make the saber look. Remember, when he duels Vader in ESB, he's dueling him with Anakin's old blue saber... the same one he's given in ANH. Luke isn't wise enough to construct his own saber until Return of the Jedi when he creates his saber with a green blade.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
This is Vince56, I'm over at my dad's house, so I'm logged on as Bobcat :D

Luke's saber was blue, not green. Go back and re-watch ANH. In ANH it was a very light, cyan-like blue, and he used that same saber in The Empire Strikes Back. The technology wasn't very good when they did ANH, so that was the best their rotoscoping could make the saber look. Remember, when he duels Vader in ESB, he's dueling him with Anakin's old blue saber... the same one he's given in ANH. Luke isn't wise enough to construct his own saber until Return of the Jedi when he creates his saber with a green blade.

Yeah, I'm probably wrong, that is too big a mistake to over look

Djaughe

Reaction score
Anyone catch the Mellinium Falcon docking in SWIII?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Anyone catch the Mellinium Falcon docking in SWIII?

My husband did! On the drive home from the theater, he was so excited to go back the next night to see the movie with his brother so he could make sure that he really did see it! :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Anyone see the Lando cameo? He was going into the strip club to spend some some of his hard earned Republic credits.

Djaughe

Reaction score
CQ said:
My husband did! On the drive home from the theater, he was so excited to go back the next night to see the movie with his brother so he could make sure that he really did see it! :D

lol...my family we're like 'WTF' when I was hollerin and pointing during the flick.

However a dude dressed up in a fett outfit in the next row did shake his fist when he saw the same thing...

Being at the theaters cracked me up when quite a few kids would take out their video cell phones to take snipets of yoda...

Djaughe

Reaction score
SirChaz said:
No I missed it.

Are you sure it was the Millennium Falcon?

There are a lot of YT1300 in that galaxy. :)

LMAO! Okay...I saw a YT1300 docking....

Djaughe

Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Anyone see the Lando cameo? He was going into the strip club to spend some some of his hard earned Republic credits.

He was always a ladies man....

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, did a bit of Googling and found some info on this. According to this article, yes, the Millennium Falcon does make a little cameo in Episode III.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050526/

You must be registered for see images
the Falcon
It's tiny, but visible enough to send a warm fuzzy through the hearts of original trilogy fans. In the establishing shot of the expansive Senate docking bays, there's a tiny Millennium Falcon easing into frame. And it's not just a non-descript Corellian freighter; it's on good authority -- namely George Lucas -- that this is the infamous hunk-of-junk before it came into the ownership of either Lando Calrissian or Han Solo. Also peculiar about that shot: there are no less than three gleaming Naboo star skiffs parked on the lot. Does Padmé have spares?