The Official US Soccer thread

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Glad the search is over and we didn’t end up with a WTF hire. Hopefully, he is already evaluating the players and has watched some matches to see what does and doesn’t work.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I love the hire, but...his Chelski contract is complicated so he can't start yet. Effing Chelski, man. Cheat continually, never get caught out for some reason, and still have sucked.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like the hire. I had stars in my eyes and was hoping for something more. But Poch is a little bit better than what we deserve considering how US Soccer screwed up bringing greg back after the last World Cup. the players will respect him and he has a lot of experience. one thing I love about Poch is his honesty. when the baby is ugly he will say it. he took spurs to a champions league final and got fired for calling out management for their lack of spending.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
At this point, who would be considered much more? Pep? Carlo?
for the most part I was talking about Pep and Klopp. but that's why I said I had stars in my eyes. why would either of those want to manage the USA? TBF, Pochettino is a great catch for the USA if they can seal the deal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
all good comments here. I think Pochettino made one mistake in his tenure with spurs. and that was starting an unfit Kane in the UCL final vs. Liverpool. Lucas Moura deserved that opportunity, with Kane not fully fit. other than that he was a great manager for spurs and took them to new heights. all spurs managers are in his shadow at this point. hopefully he can take USA to the next level. has anyone heard that a deal is final?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
My understanding is that there are 2 items

He needs to be approved by the board to with US Soccer - they meet towards the end of the month, but could call a meeting specific to this whenever

He still has wages and contact terms with Chelsea that need to be wrapped up before he can take another position

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hopefully he has a plan for some goals. This offense looks toothless.
well with the players that USA have, they should be scoring more goals. Pochettino will get the best out of them. He won't do a high press when it is convenient and then flip a switch to play to tie or lose like Greg did. USA have the players to control the game against a lot of teams. that and he will instill discipline. there will be hard practices and he will not stand for players being lazy. (I HOPE). they are def missing Sergino Dest. he is probably the unsung hero of that squad IMO. and Pochettino will figure out who the best holding midfielders are and they will be on the squad every time. it might be musah because he has the frame to take that on over Tyler Adams.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
well with the players that USA have, they should be scoring more goals. Pochettino will get the best out of them. He won't do a high press when it is convenient and then flip a switch to play to tie or lose like Greg did. USA have the players to control the game against a lot of teams. that and he will instill discipline. there will be hard practices and he will not stand for players being lazy. (I HOPE). they are def missing Sergino Dest. he is probably the unsung hero of that squad IMO. and Pochettino will figure out who the best holding midfielders are and they will be on the squad every time. it might be musah because he has the frame to take that on over Tyler Adams.
Agree with all this on Poch. Disagree on Dest. He is talent but he is inconsistent and incredibly immature. If he doesn't change up his act he will become another US never was.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agree with all this on Poch. Disagree on Dest. He is talent but he is inconsistent and incredibly immature. If he doesn't change up his act he will become another US never was.
I should clarify that my comments on Dest are his talent and abilities. I think he has flashed that well and IMO people take he and Jedi for granted. but agree that he has hurt himself and his teammates with his poor attitude. there seems to be a lot of that amongst the group that needs to be cleaned up.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just hope he goes in and NOBODY is comfortable with their position. Everyone should have a clean slate and have to impress in training and with their clubs to play.

Off topic of the coach but did anyone watch the Hope Solo documentary on Netflix? I think she was a bit of a headcase but she does expose a lot of problems with US Soccer. Remember when she was benched for the WC Semi-Final VS Brazil after starting the entire tournament? That was because Abby Wambach and Kristine Lilly went to the US Coach to start Scurry instead! Coaches letting players make lineup decisions rarely work out well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky