The "old" spurs are now "declining" themselves into 1st in the west

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
The Spurs aren't all that old. Duncan is 31, Manu is 30 and Tony Parker is 25. With all the recent trades the rest of the regular season is going to be more about teams getting their new rosters in sync than anything else. I think first place seeding will be between LA and SA. Regardless of conference ranking, the playoffs are going to be tough for everyone. Spurs, Lakers, Suns, Hornets, Jazz all have a legit chance of taking it.

You're forgetting Bruce Bowen, who will be 37(!) this June. That's pretty ancient by NBA standards. And I think it's way too premature to try to predict seeds, but if I could choose a schedule from here on out as a Western Conference playoff team, I would take the Lakeshow's.

damo

Registered
Reaction score
The Spurs aren't all that old. Duncan is 31, Manu is 30 and Tony Parker is 25. With all the recent trades the rest of the regular season is going to be more about teams getting their new rosters in sync than anything else. I think first place seeding will be between LA and SA. Regardless of conference ranking, the playoffs are going to be tough for everyone. Spurs, Lakers, Suns, Hornets, Jazz all have a legit chance of taking it.

Tony parker's the only guy on their team who was born in the 80's. So they kinda are old. But it's that age/wisdom/experience that will get them there in the end.
Unfortunately.
Hopefully the oversized novelty fossil the Suns picked up can change that.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Ambchang, you're wasting your breath. DuncanRules was banned today. And believe me, after dealing with this current bumper crop of "pile-on" posters who joined today just to covertly rub lemon juice in the wounds of Suns fans, you...you...are like a breath of fresh air. ;)

At least you've got a point of view that can be argued, for or against--and I suspect that you actually might have ties to the Texas area and that the wheels on your Spurs bandwagon are old and weathered. This current group is all about making up tall tales or posting insightful gems like "duncan > amare" without any qualification whatsoever.

I am actually surprised that DuncanRules was banned, I didn't see most of his stuff as bannable, but then I am not a mod.
As for the Suns, I am predicting their offense pick it up soon, just having Shaq in there would give Nash a different target and the team a different creator, but this require D'antoni to actually change the offense to adopt Shaq's strengths.
On defense though, every single team will pick and roll them to death. Shaq couldn't defend the p'nr at his prime, forget about now. Amare has always been slow on defensive rotations, and Nash, despite trying his hardest, doesn't have the physical skills on defense. Whoever has Shaq will set the pick, whoever has Nash will handle the ball.
As for Duncan>Amare, come on, do we even have to argue over this? I am more interested in seeing how Amare could even be remotely close to Duncan.

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
I'd say that the Suns are still a threat to win the championship if the number of visitors from other teams coming to this board is any indication. Having an influx of trolling trash talkers is sort of a sign of respect... is it not?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05