The "old" spurs are now "declining" themselves into 1st in the west

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
How many times did I say the spurs would go on a serious roll after the all star break? Arg it just makes me angry, I knew not to trust people who said not to worry because the spurs didn't look the same or whatnot.

I am not so much gloating, just saying lets never count the old dog down okay?

Just sucks because even if you don't agree with people counting the spurs down, you still get your hopes up a little you know?

We are in for one hell of a lot of playoff battles.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
The San Antonio Bone Spurs should have a much worse record than they do. I can't tell you how many times I begrudgingly tune into a Spurs game, and see them barely sneak past yet another awful, sub .500 team. They're still going to be a handful for any team come playoff time, but I'm not sure that their record should be any indication of that over their history as champions.

4 Rings

Reaction score
The Spurs get bored with the regular season and playing all those dog teams. Now that they are healthy and smell the playoffs, they get serious and start playing ball.
It happens every year after the All Star break.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
They are the best basketball team in the world until someone proves otherwise. If you're looking at the Spurs and thinking they're done, you obviously know nothing about the Spurs.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Spurs just got Tony Parker back so it's not surprising that their going to start playing better. Manu has been playing out of his mind and he's the main reason they're winning games right now. He had 44 pts in a 1pt win in their 1st game after the All-Star break and then in their last game he had 33pts and 12 assists. That was Pony Parker's 1st game back and he only had 10 pts and 6 asissits.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
It has a name

Same thing every year.

Spurs fans say the concept is called SPAM.

Spurs Peak After March, except this year because the West is now so stacked, Ginobili has raised his game to a top10 type player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/elias?date=20080223#3261832
GINOBILI'S LAST 5 GAMES
Manu Ginobili scored 30 points, shooting 10 for 18 from the floor, in the Spurs' 98-89 victory over the Hornets, as San Antonio pulled even with New Orleans at 37-17. Get a load of how well Ginobili has been playing: Ginobili, over his last five games, has now scored 172 points, while making 55 of 86 field-goal attempts (64 percent). Only one NBA player since the year 2000 has scored as many points with as high a shooting percentage over any five-game span; that was Shaquille O'Neal, who with the Lakers in March 2002, had a five-game stretch in which he scored 177 points while shooting 69.5 percent from the floor. That's it.
By the way, prior to Shaq, you have to go back to 1996 to find the last such instance of a player scoring and shooting as well as Ginobili over a period of five games. (Hakeem Olajuwon had 172 points and a 65-percent shooting stretch over a five-game span late in the 1995-96 season.)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I have to admit, with the extra zigzag step he's allowed and his art for drawing bogus fouls, Ginobili has become pretty much unguardable now. He simply plays by different rules from everyone else.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Word. Manu is a Jedi.

:ban: Funny, you don't really see Suns fans registering on Spurs forums when San Antonio drops a game, so that they can crap all over their threads with this "Me too!" garbage. Your geographical location identifies you as just another antagonistic bandwagoner.

DuncanRules

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:ban: Funny, you don't really see Suns fans registering on Spurs forums when San Antonio drops a game, so that they can crap all over their threads with this "Me too!" garbage. Your geographical location identifies you as just another antagonistic bandwagoner.

So I should be banned for praising one of our best players? Man, are you soft or what? Now, if I was saying "Bonner is a Jedi", well then, that might be objectionable. But I think even JVG said Manu is the 2nd best SG in the league. Grow a pair.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
So I should be banned for praising one of our best players? Man, are you soft or what? Now, if I was saying "Bonner is a Jedi", well then, that might be objectionable. But I think even JVG said Manu is the 2nd best SG in the league. Grow a pair.

just another antagonistic bandwagoner.

Yep. But you'll just be back as "KoBEluvr3138" or some other assorted garbage, praising a different Western Conference team. I pointed out that Suns fans have a lot more class than you, and you just decided to prove my point. Nice. :)

OP
OP
CaptainInsano

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
To be honest manu has actually been playing absolutely out of his balls lately.

DuncanRules

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep. But you'll just be back as "KoBEluvr3138" or some other assorted garbage, praising a different Western Conference team. I pointed out that Suns fans have a lot more class than you, and you just decided to prove my point. Nice. :)

You wanna bet on that? I grew up in San Antonio and have been a fan since they had Gervin and Swen Nater.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
You wanna bet on that? I grew up in San Antonio and have been a fan since they had Gervin and Swen Nater.

:violin:

No kidding? Well I grew up in Houston and would be happy to reaffirm that San Antonio is a backwater town and that the Spurs suck. :p

Do enjoy your breakfast burritos, your high school football, and your crowded, touristy Riverwalk, though. I'm sure they're a real point of pride for you up in Harlem. :)

DuncanRules

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:violin:

No kidding? Well I grew up in Houston and would be happy to reaffirm that San Antonio is a backwater town and that the Spurs suck. :p

Do enjoy your breakfast burritos, your high school football, and your crowded, touristy Riverwalk, though. I'm sure they're a real point of pride for you up in Harlem. :)

Well, clearly, you never really "grew up" anywhere. And if the Spurs suck, with 4 Championships in 10 years, you've proven you're a moron.

I actually can't find any breakfast burritos here in Harlem, I don't care about high school football, I root for both the Giants and Jets (one of which just won the Super Bowl), and I rarely go to the RiverWalk when I visit SA.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
words...words...words... Spurs suck, the Giants and...words...words...words

Sticks and stones, my friend. But do keep flying the flag of "Whichever team wins the championship this year." I'm sure you have our undying respect for doing so.

DuncanRules

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sticks and stones, my friend. But do keep flying the flag of "Whichever team wins the championship this year." I'm sure you have our undying respect for doing so.

I couldn't care less about earning the respect of a whiner like you. And don't call me "friend". That hurts my feelings.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry DuncanRules, I had been arguing with BeeBeard and a bunch of Suns homers for a while, and anytime they can't argue with you, they will pull the ban card. Just let it be.
On the other hand, there are are some objective Suns fans who can see their own team's strengths and weaknesses, as well as objectively evaluate other teams. I am learning from some knowledgable fans in this forum. You just have to pick and choose and ignore the ultrahomers.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Don't worry DuncanRules, I had been arguing with BeeBeard and a bunch of Suns homers for a while, and anytime they can't argue with you, they will pull the ban card. Just let it be.
On the other hand, there are are some objective Suns fans who can see their own team's strengths and weaknesses, as well as objectively evaluate other teams. I am learning from some knowledgable fans in this forum. You just have to pick and choose and ignore the ultrahomers.

Ambchang, you're wasting your breath. DuncanRules was banned today. And believe me, after dealing with this current bumper crop of "pile-on" posters who joined today just to covertly rub lemon juice in the wounds of Suns fans, you...you...are like a breath of fresh air. ;)

At least you've got a point of view that can be argued, for or against--and I suspect that you actually might have ties to the Texas area and that the wheels on your Spurs bandwagon are old and weathered. This current group is all about making up tall tales or posting insightful gems like "duncan > amare" without any qualification whatsoever.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs aren't all that old. Duncan is 31, Manu is 30 and Tony Parker is 25. With all the recent trades the rest of the regular season is going to be more about teams getting their new rosters in sync than anything else. I think first place seeding will be between LA and SA. Regardless of conference ranking, the playoffs are going to be tough for everyone. Spurs, Lakers, Suns, Hornets, Jazz all have a legit chance of taking it.