The one overhyped player who will fall way down...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Saturday is not Tommie Harris. It's Kellen Winslow. This bag of human garbage will not go top 10.

Underacheiver with character baggage who then hired the Posten brothers as his agents. Kellen is so stupid he's top 10 terminal.

Remember TE Jerramy Stevens? Seattle fans do.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Skkorp, this is gonna be one rare time I disagree with you. The kid's money. IF he gets with the right kind of coach that won't tolerate BS (Parcells, Green, etc.), he should develop in the same way character-challenged Randy Moss has and Winslow should be productive.

Character issues aside, remember what you were like when you were 20 years old? Were you THAT much more mature than Winslow? I remember doing some stupid things when I was 18-20. Heck, I'm only 25 and I still do stupid things :) I'd cut him some slack, see what he does in his first season.

If he does fall in the draft, lets see how he responds... will he accept that as a challenge and get himself straightened out, or will he p&m about it and alienate himself further from his new team's fans? We'll see.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm w/Vince on this one

Yes, he could cause alot of grief in the beginning but hopefully, he'll out-grow it. I have a feeling that Fitz' is going to be gone and we may take K2, sooooo, may as well prepare for it mentally.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
If he does fall in the draft, lets see how he responds... will he accept that as a challenge and get himself straightened out, or will he p&m about it and alienate himself further from his new team's fans? We'll see.
Well I don't follow college FB enough to make a call, but I would be real surprised if he falls out of the top 10.

Vince, the reply I would make to your argument is that for 1st rounders, you get your payday for the next 4-5 years with your draft contract. You get rewarded for being drafted high, not how you perform. I would love to see a stat, but I would imagine that like 60-75% of first rounders recieve their largest contract at rookie signing. No real $ incentive to perform when payday is 4 years away. Maybe he'll take it up as a challenge and the team will tear up the contract, but no guarantees.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
I do not believe that he's as bad as you say Skkorp, but, I do agree that we have better options than picking him. The rumor concerning attitude or cockiness kind of bothers me, but a no nonsense Coach like Green could very well put that to a stop.
As far as the Wonderlic Test, there seem to be a few potential draftees who have purportedly not scored especially high.
Interesting though, in the TE category, its reported that Ben Watson scored a 41 on the Wonderlic, outstanding. I understand there are supposed to be 50 questions on the test and the highest score is 50 (i.e., the top of outstanding). Some draftnicks may not think this is an important issue, but I would tend to think it to be important in evaluating potential professional players. I mean, you do have to study and memorize playbooks!!

Note: I edited this post, after I looked up the various aspects of the Wonderlic Test on the internet. :shrug:

Last edited:

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
...Saturday is not Tommie Harris. It's Kellen Winslow. This bag of human garbage will not go top 10.

Underacheiver with character baggage who then hired the Posten brothers as his agents. Kellen is so stupid he's top 10 terminal.

Remember TE Jerramy Stevens? Seattle fans do.

I hope you're right on Winslow, I hope he falls all the way to Denver at 17, that would sure humble him, well maybe not, but I'd hope so.

Harris should fall even further though. Whoever drafts him can atleast have him sing in the lockerroom, the man has a voice! :eek:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I do not like Winslow a lot of the stuff he has done is really bad form but "human garbage" might be a little extreme as a description for him despite his faults.

Once again Wonderlic doesn't matter in any way to football (including onfield stuff and playbook stuff) Marino Culpepper Sims all had terrible scores and all play the most complex football position QB. Wonderlic is 100 percent irrelevant to football play.

Gibbs might take a chance on him since he did coach his dad. If coaches are willing to take chances on TO and Meyshawn then Winslow is small potatoes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I can't see Winslow dropping out of the top 10.I would love to see it though. That would show what an idiot he is for taking the Poston's as his agent. I read where Poston has the 3 most bitter contract situations going on right now in Orlando Pace,Ty Law,and Lavarr Arrington.I also think he is the agent for Walter JOnes in Seattle who holds out every year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yo Skkorp - Tell us how you really feel.

Actually, I tend to agree with you (though maybe not quite as stridently). But the number and decibel-level of statements praising Winslow makes me wonder if we're missing something.

This might be totally unfair - and it's strictly a gut feeling - but of all the guys mentioned as Top 10-15 players, the one nightmare I have is that we'll draft Winslow.

Last edited:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Yo Skkorp - Tell us how you really feel.

Actually, I tend to agree with you (though maybe not quite as stridently). But the number and decibel-level of statements praising Winslow makes me wonder if we're missing something.

This might be totally unfair - and it's strictly a gut feeling - but of all the guys mentioned as Top 10-15 players, the one nightmare I have is that we'll draft Winslow.

That is a nightmare if we pick Winslow. It would be close to opening day and Winslow is still unsign.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Lets see --

Jerremy Stevens -- a couple sexual assault charges and one other brush with the law in his background.

Kellen Winslow -- a lockerroom outburst after a loss in front of TV cameras.

Yeah, I can see how the two are the same..............

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Winslow will be gone no later than #6. Immaturity is not a crime nor has he commited any.

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
I must disagree with you, great wise leader. This guy has superstar written all over him. He won't run anyone over in a head-to-head collision like Shockey (two of my favorite plays from the 2003 season), but his speed and skill will make him a nightmare matchup.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Kellen Winslow -- a lockerroom outburst after a loss in front of TV cameras.

Wow, talk about whitewashing. Don't forget the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in back-to-back games, getting benched for conduct detrimental to the team, and all the other crap that he pulled. If you're a Hurricane who stands out because you're a loose cannon, that's a bad thing.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
az jam said:
IMO Winslow will be gone no later than #6. Immaturity is not a crime nor has he commited any.

Tell that to the 49ers since they put up with TO's antics for so long.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Wow, talk about whitewashing. Don't forget the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in back-to-back games, getting benched for conduct detrimental to the team, and all the other crap that he pulled. If you're a Hurricane who stands out because you're a loose cannon, that's a bad thing.

K9- your referring to the same things. So, in the interest of not whitewashing, the exerpt from ESPN on the suspension and cause:

"Winslow was penalized 15 yards in the fourth quarter of Saturday's 10-6 loss to Tennessee for taking off his helmet. After the game, Winslow said his helmet was ripped off. He then lashed out at the officials in a profanity-laced tirade that ended with him referring to football as war and himself as a soldier.

Winslow apologized a day later.

He also nearly got flagged for celebrating a hard-hitting block on safety Corey Campbell in the third quarter.

In a 31-7 loss to Virginia Tech, he was flagged 15 yards for punching linebacker Brandon Manning."

There it is. Shocking, just shocking. Is this really the standard for whitewashing someone with "baggage", "character issues", "bad attitude", etc.

I stand by my earlier assertion -- to compare the above to a sexual assault is ridiculous.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Skorp I totally disagree.

Wow, I guess if you don't like someone its your own right but I think you are way, way off on this one. Winslow loves to win. Sure he has a hard time holding back his emotions, but is that a crime? I'd rather have a guy who speaks his mind and leaves it out on the field instead of some wierdo like a David Boston or Thomas Jones who were supposed to be quiet guys and good guys but end up being underachieving jerks. Who cares if the guy is a loudmouth. We need someone who wants to win that bad and isn't afraid to show it.

Calling Kellen Winslow an underachiever is absurd. He may be a butt off the field but that kid is a stud on the field. We need some attitude and Winslow brings both attitude and bigtime playmaking ability on the field.

Skorp I love your board and I love your opinions, but I have to disagree bigtime on this one.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to have Winslow II on the Cards. We need some players with attitude's, & back it up with positive production on the field....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tommie Harris and Chris Gamble....

seem to be fading fast.
Harris won't fall past the Bears unless Wilfork is still there.
Gamble might not go until late second. I can see the Browns taking the hometown boy with the #37 pick......unless we own it by that time. :)

As far as Winslow goes, if Fitz is gone he will be a Cardinal and will not get past the Redskins unless they trade up for Gallery or down for picks. If thats the case he won't get past the Lions.

And he will surely be drafted before Philip Rivers! :rolleyes:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
As far as Winslow goes, if Fitz is gone he will be a Cardinal and will not get past the Redskins unless they trade up for Gallery or down for picks. If thats the case he won't get past the Lions.

I think Rivers will go a lot higher than most people think. My guess is that he goes top 15.

A-Bomb

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:

I'm not so sure on that, as I can see Rivers going very early. That could be the suprise of the draft for some. If the SD/NYG trade happens, SD will take Rivers at #4, if not. Either Buffalo or Pitt will be trading up for Rivers, not Big Ben.

Ben is going to fall on draft day. He better hope he doesn't fall outta the top 13, if he does, he could be in trouble.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abomb said:
I think Rivers will go a lot higher than most people think. My guess is that he goes top 15.

A-Bomb
I think most people expect Rivers to go to Pittsburgh at #11.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
K2 is going to be a very good player but he's also going to be a very big headache (even TO wasn't this much of an jackass at that age). When the Cards struggle, guess who's mug we're going to see on TV causing a sh--storm?

If we're going to draft a player at a position of average importance and need, I'd rather it be Sean Taylor. At least you know you're not going to have to deal with a shady hardball agent known for screwing up big deals, a nosy intrusive dad, or idiotic post-game remarks with Taylor. And you'll end up getting a player that is just as talented.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05