The One Stat Why We Are Out of the Playoffs

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry DBack fans. I thought for sure you guys were in. As a Phils fan, would have much more liked to see you guys in than the Mets (uggh!) or Braves (double uggh!!).
Oh yeah, lets invite the D-Backs into Citizens to dash our dreams again! LMAO!!! Listen, I love my AZ peoples to life. Cardinals for life, but I cheer for the other teams when it doesn't affect my Sixers, Phillies, or Flyers (RIP Coyotes) but I'll be damned if I wanted to relive the bloodletting that was last year's NLCS. I hate the Braves and Mets with my whole existence, but they (at least for this year) didn't strike nearly as much fear as the Diamondbacks did for me. We can revisit this next year when the season starts anew. By then I'll be over what happened in 2023.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, lets invite the D-Backs into Citizens to dash our dreams again! LMAO!!! Listen, I love my AZ peoples to life. Cardinals for life, but I cheer for the other teams when it doesn't affect my Sixers, Phillies, or Flyers (RIP Coyotes) but I'll be damned if I wanted to relive the bloodletting that was last year's NLCS. I hate the Braves and Mets with my whole existence, but they (at least for this year) didn't strike nearly as much fear as the Diamondbacks did for me. We can revisit this next year when the season starts anew. By then I'll be over what happened in 2023.
Until then, "Take that L, my friend."

:biglaugh:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every team that fell short by 5 games or less to make the playoffs can go back and say shoulda woulda coulda about blown games. Last year we got lucky and backed into WC round. This year not so fortunate. Plenty of opportunities along the way. But if you want to peg one in particular it’s the blown 8-0 game against Milwaukee that does it for me.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we want to pick a single game that cost us the playoffs, it is undoubtedly August 10th against the Phillies when Garrett Stubbs did the head first slide into Marte. The Dbacks were 13 games over .500 at that point.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we want to pick a single game that cost us the playoffs, it is undoubtedly August 10th against the Phillies when Garrett Stubbs did the head first slide into Marte. The Dbacks were 13 games over .500 at that point.
100% This.

That is why I hope the Phillies get swept. Sorry @phillycard

Dirty play from a dirty team.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd point to their next to last game - at home - losing 5-0 to the Padres. The Padres, having already clinched the top NL Wild Card spot, sat half their regular players and called up AAA-pitcher Randy Vásquez to start the game. That seemed like an ideal situation for the D-backs, except Vásquez was dominant for six innings while allowing just one hit and one walk.

Our bats went silent another time when they should have been on fire facing minor league talent and a purposely depleted lineup from the Padres. It was like getting a gift. And we failed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake