The Other Game

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
This is directed at both Cardinal and Eagle fans. Assuming your team wins on Sunday, who do you like in the Steeler-Ravens game and who would you rather play and why?
As an Eagles fan, I'm having a hard time with this one. We beat the Steelers and lost to the Ravens yet I'm not sure who we match up better with. I tend to think the Steelers will win on Sunday.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Ravens have a real good shot at winning. It appears that I might be one of the only ones that think that though.

I don't think the Cards match up very well against either of the AFC teams to be honest.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we can handle Baltimore. We wont get our 29 points we average but we can outscore that offense for sure. Pittsburgh is better than us but Whiz knows most of their players/schemes.

OP
OP
D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
I think the Ravens have a real good shot at winning. It appears that I might be one of the only ones that think that though.

I don't think the Cards match up very well against either of the AFC teams to be honest.

Oh, I think it will be a close game. I just don't think the Ravens will be able to move the ball. The weather is going to be nasty and that will favor the Steelers. Still, I won't be surprised if the Ravens pull it out. Its going to be slugfest. I do think the Eagles have a better chance of beating either of those teams than the Cards.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I'm not even thinking about it. I think I've paused that portion of my brain until I see the outcome of Eagles/Cards.

Not adding much to the conversation, I know.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is directed at both Cardinal and Eagle fans. Assuming your team wins on Sunday, who do you like in the Steeler-Ravens game and who would you rather play and why?
As an Eagles fan, I'm having a hard time with this one. We beat the Steelers and lost to the Ravens yet I'm not sure who we match up better with. I tend to think the Steelers will win on Sunday.

I do know the last time we played the Ravens, Warner took them apart. Unfortunately we lost the game as Warner did not start the game and we also had to play against the officiating as well.

Pittsburg worries me more. I would like the story line from a Pitt-Cards superbowl matchup.

I can't believe I just typed the Cardinals and the superbowl in the same paragraph. Dang, I love this. Now if I could just get with a Cowboys fan to learn how to trash talk I'd be good to go.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Pittsburgh will prevail... Baltimore is seriously banged up on defense. Flacco is a rookie and while he might not cost the Ravens the game, he won't win it for them either... And they are of course playing in Pittsburgh.
Parker is running like his old self again. Ben, while not pretty is simply a winner..
I see no way the Ravens pull this out...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I think we match up well with either team.

Our coaching staff knows Pitt like the back of their hands. They know their schemes and their players strengths and weaknesses like no other staff in the league.

The Ravens O doesnt worry anyone. Their run game is easily stopped and its a run game that works in our favor and we stop the power game every time. Plus I will always want to play a rookie QB in high pressure situations. They are asked to just not turn the ball over and our D is just to opportunistic for that O to not at least turn it over a few times.

As for both when they play against each other there will be a lot full of hay-makers and slober knockers like no one has seen in a long time. These two teams hate each other with a passion and both teams are not afriad to show that on the field. Even with two weeks to rest both teams will still be feeling the effects of that.

I actually think we match up with those two teams more so then the Eagles with an effective Westbrook.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think we match up well with either team.

Our coaching staff knows Pitt like the back of their hands. They know their schemes and their players strengths and weaknesses like no other staff in the league.

The Ravens O doesnt worry anyone. Their run game is easily stopped and its a run game that works in our favor and we stop the power game every time. Plus I will always want to play a rookie QB in high pressure situations. They are asked to just not turn the ball over and our D is just to opportunistic for that O to not at least turn it over a few times.

As for both when they play against each other there will be a lot full of hay-makers and slober knockers like no one has seen in a long time. These two teams hate each other with a passion and both teams are not afriad to show that on the field. Even with two weeks to rest both teams will still be feeling the effects of that.

I actually think we match up with those two teams more so then the Eagles with an effective Westbrook.

Agree for the most part, though Parker is still a game breaker and if he does come out of the Raven game in one piece, he can cause us some problems more than any other back on the Ravens...
Other than that, neither of these two teams scare me. I really like our chances against both of them.
And yes, from a matchup perspective, Philly is the tougher team....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree for the most part, though Parker is still a game breaker and if he does come out of the Raven game in one piece, he can cause us some problems more than any other back on the Ravens...
Other than that, neither of these two teams scare me. I really like our chances against both of them.
And yes, from a matchup perspective, Philly is the tougher team....
I agree. That and Mitch Berger is punting for Pittsburgh.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Steelers win, but I'd prefer to play the Ravens if we win the NFC title.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The Steelers are a more complete team and they are playing at home so the smart money would seem to favor them.

Really it's a toss up as both games have been close and these teams are very familiar with each other. Like the NFC game it will probably be decided on turnovers. The Ravens will need the defense to score some points or at least setup some FGs.

For some reason I like the Ravens in this game. They just seem to find a way to get it done.
Lets say 16-13

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Looking past Sunday is too hard at this point. The AFC game is such an afterthought. I think honestly either team from the AFC would be tough, but certainly not unbeatable. Ravens still have a rookie QB (as good as he's been) and some potential offensive holes. Pittsburgh is much more well rounded and probably the better team. I'm expecting Pittsburgh to come out on top.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i'm typing this just because for the first time in my life i can . . .

i think we will beat the ravens in the superbowl. if it's the steelers, i'm a little worried. as has already been stated, the ravens D, while unreal, would have its hands full covering all our wr's. we would just have to pray we keep warner upright. their O plays right into our hands. power running game with little speed and a rookie qb. i like that.

if it's the steelers parker worries me. like edge, he's fresh. and he's fast. and the steelers will pound inside and outside. and their d is seemingly just as opporunistic as the ravens.

personally, i feel like the eagles are our most difficult matchup. get past them and yeah, i think we're winning the superbowl. someone might want to sticky post. ouchie, leading darksider, has made the statement "i think we're winning the superbowl." whoa.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Realistically there is no easy road to the Super Bowl for the Cardinals, to win it they will have to defeat two quality teams no matter who it is.

If I'm just talking out my butt I'd say that having come from the AFC Whiz provides us a unique and fleeting window to have an edge on either team no other NFC coach left would have, and even if you opened it up to all NFC coaches I can't think of a better one to try and defeat either team, given our style of play.

We are the only real bigtime air threat left in the playoffs, we can defeat anyone left and we can lose to anyone left.

It all comes down to how we play.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I do not care. Just getting to the Superbowl has been a lifetime dream.
This is pretty much how I feel. IMO we're already playing with house money, so just getting to the Superbowl experience this year would make me happy enough that I would promise not to complain or even be bummed if we lost.

I think the Cards have a better chance at this point to beat the Ravens, simply because they are a little beat up and tired and have been playing every week since their bye in week 2.

The Steelers look fresh and focused. They worry me. I think they will beat Baltimore and this will be the easiest of the three games they will have played this year.

Right now, if I was forced to bet, I would take the Steelers to win it all, however this is the NFL, where any given Sunday...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Suggs can't play and the DB with the thigh bruise can't either, The Ravens defense will be severely hurt. Steelers should then win, I think.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It doesn't matter. No matter who we play , we won't have a chance. We are the worst playoff team in the history of the NFL and will probably be a 17 point underdog.
In fact , I've heard rumors that if the Cards get in( which we all know is impossible) they may just cancell the Super Bowl and have the AFC team play an All-Star team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05