The Road to the Stanley Cup 2008

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two Game 7s tomorrow! I sure hope the Caps can complete the comeback against the Flyers, what a fun team to watch. San Jose and Calgary should be another great one as well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two Game 7s tomorrow! I sure hope the Caps can complete the comeback against the Flyers, what a fun team to watch. San Jose and Calgary should be another great one as well.

Nah, I want the Cryers in there...I want to personally eliminate them, via the Pens! Of course, I don't much like Ovechkin either, so it would be fun to put them out. I know it all depends on the matchups, so I know we wouldn't get the Cryers next round anyway, but perhaps in the conference finals.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-2 after two periods in the Philly/Washington game, this is going to be a great finish.

Stout

Reaction score
Well then, it's the Rangers in the 2nd. I'm glad, because Philly survives the round and I can root for them to beat the Habs, to give us home ice and to let us beat the Cryers to oblivion. Plus, I'd rather play the Rangers than the Caps. We'd still beat the Caps, but I didn't want to have to deal with Ovechkin.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dislike the Rangers so much. Let's go Penguins!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
thank god they finally beat a rugged canadian team in the playoffs and won a game 7 for the first time in 8 years

the stars have given them fits all year, including dominating them at HP - but it's nice to still be watching - go sharks!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd love nothing more than to meet the Flyers in the playoffs. I figure we'll win, but I know a few Flyers fans (you included) so it would be a fun series.

By-the-by, I was hoping to make it out for the draft again, but I won't be able to. I should have a new job shortly with the state, and I will do 2 weeks of training in the Harrisburg area (I'm out West). If I was in training, I would have been able to make it, but I won't be hired until probably mid-May. Oh well.

You know I was thinking about you Stout. I had the Moosehead on Ice and the Meatball Subs ready for you. LOL! Good luck with the new gig man!

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Detroit/Colorado series to get going, its been far too long since we've seen the greatest rivalry in hockey.

Stout

Reaction score

You know I was thinking about you Stout. I had the Moosehead on Ice and the Meatball Subs ready for you. LOL! Good luck with the new gig man!

You should see the madness I have planned. Mom's working and Dad will be at camp hunting. I'm running a TV into the office for computer access. I'll have the NFL network streaming live on the computer. I have a giant bag of wings to make with several kinds of Quaker Steak and Lube sauces, real ranch dip, and homemade salsa and chips. Bring it on!!!

I'll miss your place, though. That was fun!

Stout

Reaction score
Today we'll join the Cryers in the Conference Finals. They did us a favor by eliminating the Habs for us to give us home ice advantage. Thanks, Philly...now maybe we'll only beat you by a million instead of a zillion, by way of saying thank you.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Eastern Conference Championship series here we come!

:cheers: to Assface.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Today we'll join the Cryers in the Conference Finals. They did us a favor by eliminating the Habs for us to give us home ice advantage. Thanks, Philly...now maybe we'll only beat you by a million instead of a zillion, by way of saying thank you.

:mad:

:jedi:

Let's do this Stout!!

Stout

Reaction score
:mad:

:jedi:

Let's do this Stout!!

Oh, it is so on... :billthecat: You see that? Gary Roberts looked cross eyed at that Halpern jerk, and that's how scared he got ;)

Actually, on a side note, I just got a new job from the state. A good job, but that's beside the point. I might be in the Harrisburg area for training soon. If it matches up, I'll have to come over to watch the Pens win...I mean, to watch one of the games.

Stout

Reaction score
Sorry, Assface, but I guess we can call the Rangers assfaces.

In all seriousness, though it was a hard-fought series and could have gone against us, it was pretty clean all around. Sorry your team had to go, but I'm glad we moved on.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stars and Sharks are in overtime. What a hit Morrow put on Michalek. The hit took him out of the game.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
incredible game - i'm a huge sharks fan and I think i need to go to the hospital............

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
incredible game - i'm a huge sharks fan and I think i need to go to the hospital............

Nabokov and Turco with amazing saves. I am a Devils fan so I don't have a lot of interset but I love watching great hockey. I like Roenick so I guess I'll be pulling for him.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
one of my coworkers is a huge devils fan - hated seeing you guys go out to the rangers

2nd OT - that was a very fun period, some amazing saves from both sides

turco has been lights out all series - i wish the sharks played with this intensity and urgency the whole 6, then maybe they wouldn't be in this situation

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
one of my coworkers is a huge devils fan - hated seeing you guys go out to the rangers

2nd OT - that was a very fun period, some amazing saves from both sides

turco has been lights out all series - i wish the sharks played with this intensity and urgency the whole 6, then maybe they wouldn't be in this situation

I was so glad to see the Rangers loser. i was especially glad to see that trader Scott Gomez lose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05