The Road to the Stanley Cup 2008

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure hope the Sharks (go Boosh!) can pull this one off, the idea of a Red Wings and Stars WC Final gives me a headache.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
and now it's done - a pretty soft call to make in the 4th OT led to a morrow PP goal - too little too late by the sharks

i want brenden morrow to get hit by a train

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
and now it's done - a pretty soft call to make in the 4th OT led to a morrow PP goal - too little too late by the sharks

i want brenden morrow to get hit by a train

Man, I'm sorry your team had to lose. Once the Pens won, though, I checked the regular season standings to see if there would be any way to get home ice advantage in the Finals. I don't really want to do it, but I have to root for the Stars to make the Finals for this to happen. Oh well.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry your team had to lose. Once the Pens won, though, I checked the regular season standings to see if there would be any way to get home ice advantage in the Finals. I don't really want to do it, but I have to root for the Stars to make the Finals for this to happen. Oh well.

Never look ahead, it's the biggest way to jinx your team.

Stout

Reaction score
Never look ahead, it's the biggest way to jinx your team.

That's why I've ignored the Western Conference until now. I figured we faced our most formidable opponents already; I am taking the defeat of the Cryers as a matter of course. God isn't cruel enough to punish me by making the Pens lose to the Cryers; I already get punished enough being a Cards fan :D

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Some guys just don't look good with a moustache, Mr Crosby. :p

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh, the anticipation of making the Cryers feel some disappointment tonight...let's go Pens!

I was scared of a quick start by the Hens. It happened, game down. I look forward to returning the favor tomorrow Stout.

Stout

Reaction score
I was scared of a quick start by the Hens. It happened, game down. I look forward to returning the favor tomorrow Stout.

Yeah, sorry. You might snag a game in Philly, but you aren't taking a game in the 'Burgh. Just not happening. You were able to skate by with your lack of defense before, but the Penguins will punish that more than the flyers have previously believed possible.

Stout

Reaction score
Detroit...so be it then. We need to go in and split the first two games. We do that, we have a great shot. We don't and we still have a chance, but it will be a lot tougher.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Detroit...so be it then. We need to go in and split the first two games. We do that, we have a great shot. We don't and we still have a chance, but it will be a lot tougher.

I think this has the potential for an excellent series. Go Pens!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Lemieux and Yzerman and Crosby and Lidstrom for the ceremonial faceoff. Talk about a ton of talent and leadership. :eek:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
WOW!

That was a very good defense I just saw.

Down 0-1 the Pens have thier work cut out for them.

Stout

Reaction score
WOW!

That was a very good defense I just saw.

Down 0-1 the Pens have thier work cut out for them.

Yeah, we simply weren't ready for game 1. Game 2 looked like it was going to be the same, but after the first period we really were the better team. Too bad we had to play the refs too. How many times were we dominating, and literally at that moment driving to the net (at least twice specifically!), when ticky-tack penalties were called against us. Every single time we plowed forward, the refs would kill our momentum. Meanwhile, penalties against the Red Wings for similar offenses remained unpunished. Players leaving their feet on hits, and goalie that is just trying to cheat to win. I want us to hurt Ozzy right now. If he wants to initiate contact and then play the whiny little girl actress, then just lay one on him, look over his broken body, and say 'if you bitch about it, we'll finally give it to you.'

Therrian was livid with the refs tonight, and well he should have been. We're down in a hole, but we haven't lost at home yet, in the playoffs or this series. It's still up for grabs.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Game three was amazing! That was a blast to watch! Wow.

Stout

Reaction score
Mucho, mucho bueno. That third period was the best hockey I have ever seen. WOW. I'm confident heading into game 4, but it was scary how Detroit never faltered. I mean, does nothing rattle them?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Mucho, mucho bueno. That third period was the best hockey I have ever seen. WOW. I'm confident heading into game 4, but it was scary how Detroit never faltered. I mean, does nothing rattle them?

Oh, man, that stretch of about six minutes without a whistle was amazing.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I don't think so.

But it looked like a little physical play gets under their skin.

How about that shot Roberts landed to set up the goal ?

I enjoyed watching Orpick hitting everything in sight on the defensive end.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't think so.

But it looked like a little physical play gets under their skin.

How about that shot Roberts landed to set up the goal ?

I enjoyed watching Orpick hitting everything in sight on the defensive end.

Man alive Orpik had like 4 huge hits in a row in a matter of seconds, and that's not even exaggerating!

Stout

Reaction score
Stick a fork in us, we're done. Maybe next year, but only if we somehow acquire the mindset of a champion. We had it too easy through the playoffs and never toughened up mentally. Serioulsy, in a must-win game like this, its absolutely disgusting to watch your team skate timidly backwards while they drive into your zone, or as you're down a goal with 3 minutes left watch your defensemen repeatedly retreat instead of trying to pinch in and support on a play. We didn't deserve to win tonight, and I'd almost have been offended if we did, the kind of effort we mailed in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05