The Seahawks are Traditionally Bad

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
we all know this ... this is not a shock ... they've been an afterthought of the league for well over a decade and are just starting to get things back together

but it could be worse ... they could be the cards

the cards have completed a full 82 years of playing .. including week 1 of this season they have played a total of 1,087 games ... a history few can match

over this period of time they have had a grand total of 6 playoff appearances ... SIX or roughly 1 every 14 years ... they have won a whole 2 playoff games ... which equates out to about 1 playoff win for every 41 years

the seahawks haven't been world beaters granted ... they don't have the history (only 421 games after week 1) .... they are mocked for only making the playoffs 5 times in 26 full years, and only have 3 playoff wins

the cards lifetime winning % is under 40% which is sadly amazing .. although it is close coming in at 39.834% .... the hawks aren't much better at 46.556%

not to mention the cards have played in 3 different cities ... the hawks almost moved but were thankfully able to address this ... and although it's sad the hawks had 15,000 seats available for last weeks game at least it wasn't close to 50,000 available seats in a larger metro none the less

but hey, i'm not trying to run down on anyone here ... i like cards fans .. the people here are intelligent and know their stuff ... i think hawk fans are like that as well .. when your team doesn't win it's hard to talk too much (although we both feel for once that our opponent is beatable) ... and you have to commend the loyalty to put up with all the losing ... it's hard being a seahawks fan because they flirt win winning and always blow it ... it has to be harder being a card fan because they seem resigned to the bottom

so basically the next time ryanwb wants to send hawk fans to www.ourteamsucksass.com i can understand the validity .. the hawks have been bad

but i would advise him to go to www.theworstfranchiseinprofessionalsports.org and you will see see the glorious logo and storied history of the chic..., er, the st. lou .... er the phoe....., er the Arizona Cardinals .... it seems like the only identity they have is of being losers

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nice diatribe, did you stay up all night writing that masterpiece?

You should stopped at the Title:

The Seahawks are Traditionally Bad

Cause thats all that matters. Its like Oprah Winfrey telling Ricky Lake she's fat and ugly.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You say our team sucks so bad, why are you spending so much time on our board? Are you so devoid of a thrill in your life you have to come here and go on rants about your team? If Seattle is so great, why don't you go there.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by MigratingOsprey
the cards have completed a full 82 years of playing .. including week 1 of this season they have played a total of 1,087 games ... a history few can match

over this period of time they have had a grand total of 6 playoff appearances ... SIX or roughly 1 every 14 years ... they have won a whole 2 playoff games ... which equates out to about 1 playoff win for every 41 years

Nothing like coming on an opposing teams site, trying to be funny, talking trash, throwing out 'facts' that are W-R-O-N-G!

Too much Starbucks, lay off.(btw, this isn't meant as a jab to you.....don't want you to go committ suicide or anything.....as we all know Seattle is notorious for that.)

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
You say our team sucks so bad, why are you spending so much time on our board? Are you so devoid of a thrill in your life you have to come here and go on rants about your team? If Seattle is so great, why don't you go there.

I think he was trying to be the COOL guy on the board that roots for the wrong team.

That phony link you made really threw him for a loop. :thumbup:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cardinals have played for 103 years, I believe it is and hold an NFL Championship

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gotta stick up for the opposing fan on this one Ryan. This is football a sport known for smack talk amongst fans and a known place for this is message boards. I really dont see why you get all worked up over fans coming here and talking about football and throwing a little smack in to boot. Its part of what makes the sport and following it fun.

Its also what makes division rivalries amongst fans more enjoyabe years down the road. You develop longstanding rivalries etc...

While I might not agree with the guys post above although it is hard to argue. I must say Im glad opposing fans spend time on the board it livens it up much of the time!

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I didn't say seattle was so great ... i said they are a traditionally bad franchise ... i said it is valid to say they suck ass ... can't argue with that

just thought i'd remind you though that you are following the worst franchise in professional sports

doesn't make you bad ... in fact i admire it as a fan of traditionally bad teams (seahawks, sonics, sharks and marlins)

i also like this board because there are knowledgable fans ... never claimed otherwise

in fact i think the teams of losing teams are the best to discuss the game with ... not so many bandwagon braggarts

just thought i'd throw in a reality check before the talk go too high and mighty on a friday morning

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Gotta stick up for the opposing fan on this one Ryan.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but this guy is stupid, he can't even look up the numbers he is quoting as facts

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

just thought i'd throw in a reality check before the talk go too high and mighty on a friday morning

How bout next time you use some "facts" that are actual reality, not just something you and your homeroom buddies fabricated.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't mind, but this guy is stupid, he can't even look up the numbers he is quoting as facts

Got ya :thumbup:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Hey Seahwak fan:

OK...how 'bout something new?

It was hilarious at the Rams game last year.

All the Rams fans who came out of the ghetto & E LA :rolleyes: were chanting "Cardinals Suck" over & over again & were getting in our faces.

We stood on our benches & yelled back "We Know That, We Know That " several times. Then we proceded to say:

1. that the supposedly "best" team in the NFL is playing even with the supposed "worst" team,

2. that we almost covered the spread,

3. we don't live in LA or Missouri,

4. our cheerleaders are hot,

5. it's a freaking Sunday afternoon in November & it's 82 degrees,

6. we never have to wait in a beer line or ****** line,

7. we've heard better Cards bashing from the 9ers fans

8. we were just happy that we scored on them

9. we celebrated every first down (we told them "don't take that away from us" - we celebrate our first downs like how other teams celebrate TDs)

10. we don't have to deal with Kurt Warner's mom errr wife

They just looked at us & sat down. It reminded me of 8 Mile, in a way, but with a better ending - the Cards fans being Eminem when he busted on himself in the final rap-off & the Rams fans being the gang banger who wasn't able to rip on him 'cuz he stole his thunder.

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Starbucks is alright, but it's nothing compared to Section 11's special blend.

I'm scared to ask what that consists of. :eek:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
Hey Seahwak fan:

OK...how 'bout something new?

It was hilarious at the Rams game last year.

All the Rams fans who came out of the ghetto & E LA :rolleyes: were chanting "Cardinals Suck" over & over again & were getting in our faces.

We stood on our benches & yelled back "We Know That, We Know That " several times. Then we proceded to say:

1. that the supposedly "best" team in the NFL is playing even with the supposed "worst" team,

2. that we almost covered the spread,

3. we don't live in LA or Missouri,

4. our cheerleaders are hot,

5. it's a freaking Sunday afternoon in November & it's 82 degrees,

6. we never have to wait in a beer line or ****** line,

7. we've heard better Cards bashing from the 9ers fans

8. we were just happy that we scored on them

9. we celebrated every first down (we told them "don't take that away from us" - we celebrate our first downs like how other teams celebrate TDs)

10. we don't have to deal with Kurt Warner's mom errr wife

They just looked at us & sat down. It reminded me of 8 Mile, in a way, but with a better ending - the Cards fans being Eminem when he busted on himself in the final rap-off & the Rams fans being the gang banger who wasn't able to rip on him 'cuz he stole his thunder.

LMAO :lmao:

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they also proceeded to call us bad fans....

We told them we are the BEST fans -

1. We have NO bandwagoners

2. We deal with the hottest temperatures around, sit on metal bleachers & have no shade

3. Our owner is a nice man, but still needs to get some football people to take control

4. We pay abnoxious $$$ for beer

5. We have flag boys for chrissakes

6. We deal with every other teams fans & have to put up with their BS

7. We are the Cardinals

8. We get no respect

9. Jake Plummer is our QB

10. We have 1 playoff win in 50 years

yada yada yada

- and we still support our team. IT is easy being a Rams fan - people support winners

Die hards support the Cards

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
while the cards were founded just before the turn of the century o chose not to count the racine (st.) cards and early chicago cards teams

why do you ask?!

because although they were professional they weren't organized that well ... kinda chaotic with various leagues, various rules, nothing was standardized

that's why they formed the american professional football league in 1920 which rolled into the NFL in 1922

and yes you did win the championship in 1947 with 1 of those playoff wins and in 1948 probably had the better team

you could also count the 1925 championship that was handed to you due to the suspension of the team that won it all for violating territorial rights

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
while the cards were founded just before the turn of the century o chose not to count the racine (st.) cards and early chicago cards teams

why do you ask?!

because although they were professional they weren't organized that well ... kinda chaotic with various leagues, various rules, nothing was standardized

that's why they formed the american professional football league in 1920 which rolled into the NFL in 1922

and yes you did win the championship in 1947 with 1 of those playoff wins and in 1948 probably had the better team

you could also count the 1925 championship that was handed to you due to the suspension of the team that won it all for violating territorial rights

Hint: Try using punctuation. It might make the crap you spew readable.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score

why do you ask?!

Bravo! Bravo! :golfclap:

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i figured i'd be able to type in an informal style ... guessed you reading level was higher than that ... i guess i guessed wrong

and the story about the rams game is great ... can't stand bandwagon fans

and truth be told i've always kinda liked the cards dating back to their st. louis days and even remember the football cards from when they moved to "phoenix" - they said "a new pack of cards"

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i figured i'd be able to type in an informal style ... guessed you reading level was higher than that ... i guess i guessed wrong

and the story about the rams game is great ... can't stand bandwagon fans

and truth be told i've always kinda liked the cards dating back to their st. louis days and even remember the football cards from when they moved to "phoenix" - they said "a new pack of cards"

yeah.... gueessed your right... tyepo however you wuold like...

your postign stile fits you mororic ..

i hate aarizoans that rroot for the wrong...

... team.

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
heh ... always fun when people point out typos instead of attacking the info

oh no, i made made a typo on a message board

damn, my self image just dropped a ton, how can i continue to function at such a low level?!

oh no, i choose to just type out some info fast and not worry about proofreading or formatting

the grammar is incorrect ... the information is on point 99% of the time ... that's what is matters

btw - i'm definitely not from arizona

i was raised in upstate NY, went to school in philly, have also lived in delaware, denver, london and minnesota and just moved down here this summer (i know, i know, go back)

you can tell that i'm not from arizona by my ability to actually drive a car, go the speed limit (or god forbid above the speed limit), drive through green lights without slowing to a stop, and i can also avoid hitting every other car in site

driving out here is almost like jersey or california

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

the grammar is incorrect ... the information is on point 99% of the time ... that's what is matters

btw - i'm definitely not from arizona

i was raised in upstate NY, went to school in philly, have also lived in delaware, denver, london and minnesota and just moved down here this summer (i know, i know, go back)

you can tell that i'm not from arizona by my ability to actually drive a car, go the speed limit (or god forbid above the speed limit), drive through green lights without slowing to a stop, and i can also avoid hitting every other car in site

driving out here is almost like jersey or california

Too bad your fast typing and disregard for grammar, ruins any credibility your "facts" might have had.

And yes "Go Back". It is people like you that have ruined this place for the rest of us. Don't let the door hit on your way out. :wave:

Funny I didn't see Seattle on your list of travels. Have you ever even been there?

Redleg

Reaction score
:D Aaah, another lovely Friday afternoon. Wish I had something to complain about. Oh now I remember, NOT ENOUGH CHEESE ON MY NACHOS!:mad:

(Makes about as much sense as the other complaints today).

:wave:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05