The Seahawks are Traditionally Bad

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep .. once and the cards almost ruined a really good time by spoiling the home opener

don't worry, i'll be gone before too long ... not in my nature to live in a city too long ... but i do have family down here and in new mexico so i figured what the hell

i'm respectful though ... i adapt to the culture i live in ... no intention of trying to plant a big patch of grass, build an eastern style house and thow out a couple northern trees

who knows though .. i do like it down here ... maybe when i do settle it will be here

and it seems like you had little problem understanding the point of my original post, hence the reason you got so worked up

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love my Cards but you guys are WAY off point here. You rip him for misinformation, he then quantifies what he meant and does so well, and then all you got is punctuation complaints????

Pretty weak.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redleg
:D Aaah, another lovely Friday afternoon. Wish I had something to complain about. Oh now I remember, NOT ENOUGH CHEESE ON MY NACHOS!:mad:

(Makes about as much sense as the other complaints today).

:wave:

Quit your whining, I don't even have any nachos.

Anyway, use that to your advantage. I'm sure somewhere there is a hot chick with nacho cheese but no nachos. That's one of those Hollywood type matches.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by MigratingOsprey

and it seems like you had little problem understanding the point of my original post, hence the reason you got so worked up

Nope, never got worked up.

In fact, I didn't read more than a few words of your "original" post.

Careful with the use of the word "original". We have heard it all before. ;)

"Hey Rocky watch me pick a team out of my hat."

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
hmmm .... not sure what you mean by your placing quotes on original and the quote at the end

willing to admit when i don't get something

good stuff with the nacho cheese

good discourse all around ... helps liven up a friday morning

and redleg, you must seek out the girl with cheese but no nachos, florida card is correct on this

Redleg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Floridacard
Quit your whining, I don't even have any nachos.

Anyway, use that to your advantage. I'm sure somewhere there is a hot chick with nacho cheese but no nachos. That's one of those Hollywood type matches.

I will gladly send you my nachos......I no longer need them (girl with bag of chips came to my rescue):D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm .... not sure what you mean by your placing quotes on original and the quote at the end

willing to admit when i don't get something

good stuff with the nacho cheese

good discourse all around ... helps liven up a friday morning

and redleg, you must seek out the girl with cheese but no nachos, florida card is correct on this

I'm always right. BTW sorry about your Seahawks losing to us Sunday.

I like the couple of Seahawk fans that are here, they are actually polite, more of a friendly smack than the mindless trolls I'm used to . The Lions guys were cool too, but Skkorp wouldn't allow it any other way. The official Cards website MB is a horrible mess with the inmates running the asylum. haven't posted there in months because it's overrun with mindless "Cards suck just because." Guys like this Migraine Osprey are OK in my book. He also gave us links to some Seattle MBs.

I want the Cards to finish first in the NFCW and whould like the 'Hawks in 2nd, but just because I can't stand SF and STL fans and I hope those two teams crash and burn.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Redleg
I will gladly send you my nachos......I no longer need them (girl with bag of chips came to my rescue):D

Wow, she really was all that and a bag of chips! :D

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

You never watched Rocky and Bullwinkle?

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i also can't stand sf and stl fans

another group that i've had a ton of problems with are KC fans ... horrid

i actually like the cards and think they can turn things around .. they just need to keep their young talent base and continue to add over it .... also tough to have the patience to do this

however i've already given my opinion on both team, predictions, how i think the game will play out, etc

i saw some friendly exchange going on the thread with the seahawks message board links and decided to expand on it

throw a little banter in there to increase the fun

it's good to have a mix

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
not really ... i'm in the younger set ... watch some of their cartoons but don't remember much from them

never viewed the movie

now if you want to throw some GI Joe, Thundercats, Voltron, Transformers, He-Man, etc references at me I think I'd snag them

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really ... i'm in the younger set ... watch some of their cartoons but don't remember much from them

never viewed the movie

now if you want to throw some GI Joe, Thundercats, Voltron, Transformers, He-Man, etc references at me I think I'd snag them

You're about my age then. IMO that was the golden age of cartoons. Visionaries was one of the all time best, and I am a HUGE transformers fanatic. I feel bad for the kids these days, they have so many crap cartoons, although I do like Mucha Lucha.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
They used to play the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons on Wallace and Ladmo.

The start of every cartoon, Bullwinkle does the same magic trick.

"Hey Rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat." Of course it would never work and he would pull out a Rhino or something.

It was a vague reference to your choice of teams to support. Obviously, not a very good one. :D

As for He-man and the rest. They are all back. My son loves tranformers and there a new He man cartoon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i agree that it was the golden age ... you still had all the warner bros & disney stuff, which were great for just one off entertainment

then you could follow the epic cartoons ... even the girls had theirs with my little pony

the really young ones?! ... no problems, here are some carebears and snorks

the mutant turtles were probably the last of that generation .. all went down hill when they gave mccauley culkin a cartoon for wish kid

hopefully the kids today can benefit from a resurgance of the older cartoons ... the ones that were out for most of the 90s were bunk

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
Love my Cards but you guys are WAY off point here. You rip him for misinformation, he then quantifies what he meant and does so well, and then all you got is punctuation complaints????

Pretty weak.

It is this thread that's weak. The guy comes on our board to give us a history lesson on the Cardinals franchise?

Hey! The Cards have one playoff win since '47! Thanks! I did not know that! :rolleyes:

Then he proclaims us "the worst franchise in sports". Again, the originality is mind-boggling. I swear I have never heard that one before.

Next he will tell us that the Cards went 5-11 last season. What would we do without him?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd

Pretty weak.

I thought the Cards had a playoff victory in 48...which would amount to 3 wins since 1947...

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Card Trader
I thought the Cards had a playoff victory in 48...which would amount to 3 wins since 1947...

There were no playoffs in '47 and '48, only the championship game. The Cards won in '47 and lost in '48.

The only playoff win since '47 was in '98.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
There were no playoffs in '47 and '48, only the championship game. The Cards won in '47 and lost in '48.

The only playoff win since '47 was in '98.

Hmm, I guess I and others have a differing opinion, they did have a 3rd place game those years, the Cards beat teh Packers I believe in '48 for third place, in that game.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Card Trader
Hmm, I guess I and others have a differing opinion, they did have a 3rd place game those years, the Cards beat teh Packers I believe in '48 for third place, in that game.

Don't know. A third place game isn't listed in the history of the team on the azcardinals web site.

You would think that if we won a game it would be on there.

whatsyurprob

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I already checked.

The Cardinals repeated as division champions in 1948 behind the NFL’s top offensive attack. Harder had a sensational year, scoring six touchdowns and converting on all 53 of his extra-point attempts. But after averaging 33 points per game during the regular season, Chicago was upset 7-0 in a championship game rematch against Philadelphia.

Your welcome :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05