The Sean Taylor Beatdown

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not mad at Taylor. i don't particularly care for him, but with the adrenaline flowing and in the heat of the game, most players probably would have done the same.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
clean hit to the chest of a guy running the ball and people are whining about it?!

you are more apt to get hurt playing half speed than full and as long as they insist on playing this game I have no problem with things like this

a clean hit to the front of an individual between the hips and neck is about all you can ask for

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clean hit to the chest of a guy running the ball and people are whining about it?!

you are more apt to get hurt playing half speed than full and as long as they insist on playing this game I have no problem with things like this

a clean hit to the front of an individual between the hips and neck is about all you can ask for
I wonder if it looked worse than it was because it was a hit on a skinny punter. The punter got right back up. If Taylor hits him lower it might not have looked as bad, but it might have had more potential to injure. I dunno.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TAYLOR HIT CROSSED THE LINE
Although the Pro Bowl hit from Redskins safety Sean Taylor on Brian Moorman was fun to watch, there's a strong feeling in league circles that Taylor's decision to blow up the Bills punter violates an unwritten rule that applies to the NFL's annual exhibition game in Hawaii.

Despite the fact that Moorman is being magnanimous (thank you, Tiki) about the whole thing, Taylor had no business slamming his body at full speed into Moorman.

As it has been explained to use, the code among players in the Pro Bowl is to tackle, but not hit. The same approach applies in other All-Star Games. Why else would both the NHL and NBA versions of the meaningless midseason game involve so much scoring?

Don't buy that at all, every year there's a big hit in the pro bowl and people say the same thing about unwritten rules. It happens too much to be an unwritten rule. Just like they have rules against blitzing that are always broken.

They should NOT play a pro bow, it's pointless, all it does is create a chance for injury. Select the team, but don't play the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If more players got hit like that during the pro-bowl game, it might actually be fun to watch again.

The fact that player's half ass the game, is one of the biggest reasons why it has lost its appeal.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I cant say much cuz if Adrian Wilson would have been the one to light up that kicker I would have thought it was a good play

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was typical U cheap shot. Unnecessary and vicious. Bordering on criminal.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Hahaha! That was great! It isn't like Taylor went for Moorman's knees. He hit him in the chest with his shoulder.

If that hit crossed the line then they should make the Pro Bowl two-hand touch. If people have a problem with the punter getting hit then don't have him running with the ball. Or teach him to get out of bounds.

:biglaugh:

Agree 100%

BigWatson

Registered
Reaction score
do you even know what a cheapshot is? it was a perfect hit. it doesnt get any better. who cares if its a kicker or not. the guy is bigger than some WRs or RBs in the nfl. he tried to get the first down and got knocked out. thats how you play the game. its not like when eagles LB trotter knocked out that poor giants punter (feagles) when he blocked him on a friggin punt return. he just stood there and got knocked out for no reason. now THAT was a cheapshot, by your definition.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bordering on criminal??? You can't be serious.

First of all he was executing a trick play. He was attempting to get a first down. It is not like he hit him 5 yards out of bounds, or he was without a helmet. Yes, he was slowing down, but that's about it.

Maybe the hit was "unnecessary", but there was no way that it was criminal. They might as well start playing flag football to avoid contact.

It was a crushing hit, but a legal one. I am more astonished that the punter got right back up and shook that hit off, than I am with the hit itself.

BigWatson

Registered
Reaction score
nah he wasnt moving for about 2 seconds and then he jumped up and was a bit dizzy after that i believe because at first he was walking down the sideline and then he ran to taylor

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah he wasnt moving for about 2 seconds and then he jumped up and was a bit dizzy after that i believe because at first he was walking down the sideline and then he ran to taylor

I just saw the replay again and yeah, to me, he pretty much popped back up. He may have been woozy after that hit, but wow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05