The silver lining in today's game...

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ultimately, we outplayed them. They know it. We know it.

Leinart got solid game experience. Don't the lot of you feel better about him now than you did earlier today?

Come playoff time, we'll be ready.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
They outgained us like 550-290. How did we outplay them?

This loss only angers me because we have a real tough opponent next week.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
There were a lot of good plays by a lot of the Cardinals, but ultimately this game proved we need to upgrade the secondary IMO. Basically the Cardinals have one very good cornerback in DRC and a gamer in Michael Adams. The rest are a definite liability. Ralph Brown's inability to make a tackle to prevent a first down early on was a symptom of a lack of secondary depth. The last drive by the Titans brought back all the bad memories from the Super Bowl. :mad:

I am proud of the Cardinals, but you have to score more than 10 points even with your backup quarterback in the game. When the defense (and especially the front seven) plays as well as the Cardinals did today, and the special teams contribute a touchdown, your team should win the game period!

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Passing:
ARI - 217
TEN - 369

Rushing:
ARI - 75
TEN - 163

How did we outplay them?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Leinart got solid game experience. Don't the lot of you feel better about him now than you did earlier today?

We "outplayed' them? If you mean letting up over 500 yards for the game... giving up a 99 yard TD drive with three 4th down conversions with 2 minutes left to play = "outplaying", then I guess, in some weird way you might have a point... :doi:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think if we would of held on to the lead it would of been an absolute steal. They definitely looked more in sync than us.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I think if we would of held on to the lead it would of been an absolute steal. They definitely looked more in sync than us.

If we had hung on and won the Titan's fans would say they gave it away on the KO return, the Britt fumble, and the Vince Young gaff at the end of the half. They totally outplayed us.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
RDesert, I definitely feel better about Leinart, but our Defense needs shoring up, especially if Dansby is out next week...I think we'll spend our whole draft next year on defense, do you?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We almost snuck out a win.

In the end.... We were robbed with some very poor non-calls. Did we deserve to win though? Not really IMO.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
no silver linings in an NFL game.

You either win or lose...we lost!!! 7-4 & the 24 hour rule is now in effect

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There were a lot of good plays by a lot of the Cardinals, but ultimately this game proved we need to upgrade the secondary IMO. Basically the Cardinals have one very good cornerback in DRC and a gamer in Michael Adams. The rest are a definite liability. Ralph Brown's inability to make a tackle to prevent a first down early on was a symptom of a lack of secondary depth. The last drive by the Titans brought back all the bad memories from the Super Bowl. :mad:

I am proud of the Cardinals, but you have to score more than 10 points even with your backup quarterback in the game. When the defense (and especially the front seven) plays as well as the Cardinals did today, and the special teams contribute a touchdown, your team should win the game period!

No you don't, especially against the Titans who held opponents to 17 points or less 13 times last season and now 4 times in their last 5 games. Good teams find a way to win, 17-13 or 45-35, and the Cards had done it and then just completely fell apart on defense at the end.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons that this game was lost. But when it is all said and done, the Cardinals played a poor game and they lost. Lets just cut to the chase, they did not show up. IMO, only one player performed to the level that this whole team CAN play at and that was LSH. I am very impressed by this guy. We lost, plain and simple. Don't get caught up in the details. It was a poor showing and be ready to get loud next week.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons that this game was lost. But when it is all said and done, the Cardinals played a poor game and they lost. Lets just cut to the chase, they did not show up. IMO, only one player performed to the level that this whole team CAN play at and that was LSH. I am very impressed by this guy. We lost, plain and simple. Don't get caught up in the details. It was a poor showing and be ready to get loud next week.

I couldn't disagree more. That's not giving any credit to a very good Titans team. It was what Darrel Royal used to call a slobber knocker. With the exception of that ridiculous last drive, a great game to watch.

The Cards went 80 yards in 9 plays to take the lead on the road with their #2 QB. That's hardly "not showing up".

The Titans had an 85 yard TD run. The Cards answered with a 99 yard KO return and that 80 yard drive.

There was some serious hitting going on by both teams.

Just an awesome game until the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter, Young had 167 of his total passing yards in the last two Tenn possesions. And of course if you are a Titans fan it was an awesome game period.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
There is no silver lining....'we out played them'..WHERE, WHEN?

We had the game in our hands and gave it them back...and not for the first time this season either...they marched down the field on us 99 yards!!! in 2 mins to win. all we needed was one stop, one, anywhere and again we didn't get it.

I keep seeing how our D has improved and how we are number whatever at this and number so and so at that...its irrelevant meaningless stats that fools feed on. The hard facts are when the game is on the line we cannot stop anyone.
And before the goal line stand is held up as evidence rememeber we let them get to the one before we stopped them
We win if we out score them, we lose if it comes down to the D
We have been banging on about getting balance on offence when really we need balance between our offence and defence
our 7 wins seem to blind the coaches to our 4 losses
...need to relax and start breathing now...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
No you don't, especially against the Titans who held opponents to 17 points or less 13 times last season and now 4 times in their last 5 games. Good teams find a way to win, 17-13 or 45-35, and the Cards had done it and then just completely fell apart on defense at the end.

Eight Cardinal possessions excluding the kickoff returned for TD. That adds up to six punts, one field goal and one touchdown. The offense simply has to be more productive than that IMO. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm certainly not giving the defense much credit outside of Darnell Dockett and DRC. But ultimately, it shouldn't have come down to the final drive IMO. The Cardinals should have built a bigger cushion.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Eight Cardinal possessions excluding the kickoff returned for TD. That adds up to six punts, one field goal and one touchdown. The offense simply has to be more productive than that IMO. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm certainly not giving the defense much credit outside of Darnell Dockett and DRC. But ultimately, it shouldn't have come down to the final drive IMO. The Cardinals should have built a bigger cushion.

I'm sure the Titans fans are saying the same thing. Only with happier letters.

OP
OP
red desert

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

:shock: What the hell was I thinking? Must've been the booze talking. :D

An yes Laura, defense is the way to go, stud LB, or athletic OT.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05