Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nancy Cartwright on The Simpsons Movie
Source: Jeremy
June 6, 2005

BBC's Radio 1 spoke with Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson in The Simpsons, who says a feature film adaptation of the popular Fox animated comedy series is moving forward.

"You know what? We've just done the table read for the 'Simpsons' movie so although we've been promoting that we're going to do it, now we're actually doing it and are in production," said Cartwright, who is in London for her one-woman show "My Life as a Ten Year Old Boy".

She said it will likely take at least two years to make. "I don't know the name of it and I can't go into details about it and we'll just have to see how it goes, but I think it's going to be great and the fans are going to dig it."

The Simpsons has been on Fox since December 17, 1989.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ay Caramba! "Simpsons" Movie Going

Get ready to toast your Flaming Moes to some excellent news.

The Simpsons movie is off the drawing board and in preproduction.

"You know what? We've just done the table read for The Simpsons movie, so although we've been promoting that we're going to do it, now we're actually doing it and are in production," Nancy Cartwright, who gives voice to Bart Simpson, told BBC Radio 1 this week.

Cartwright, in London doing publicity for her one-woman show, My Life as a Ten-Year-Old Boy, indicated that the movie is still in the preliminary script development stage and it will take at least two years before it's fully animated and ready for release.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/eo/20050608/111827472000.html

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Lets hope its not a few years to late, the shows have been going downhill the past few years. IMO.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
No, the show is still great. Homer is off the heezee. The humor is still cutting edge.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Lets hope its not a few years to late, the shows have been going downhill the past few years. IMO.

I agree. The South Park movie came just as the TV series was picking up steam. Personally, I stopped watching the Simpsons in about 1997 or '98 and haven't cared much for them since. Other shows like Family Guy, Drawn Together, South Park, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Wonder Showzen (alright, not animated, but still funny as hell) have taken the place of the Simpson's for me, as their comedy moves one hell of a lot faster.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I took a break from the Simpsons for a while but I have been watching the re-runs at 10:00 and 10:30 on WB61 while I lay in bed at night and they still have some funny stuff. Plus it's nice to see all the shows in re-runs that I never saw the first time. I can't watch Family Guy any more because I've seen every episode like 20 times

TastyNugget

Reaction score
vince56 said:
Other shows like ... Wonder Showzen... (alright, not animated, but still funny as hell)

HA! I love this show! Just started getting into it recently, apparently they are running 1st season re-runs now... The blue puppet kicks triumph's doggie butt.

:biglaugh:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simpsons Teaser Revealed this Weekend
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
April 1, 2006

20th Century Fox surprised moviegoers on Friday as the studio included a short teaser for The Simpsons Movie with prints of the anticipated Ice Age: The Meltdown.

The 25-second clip opens with a giant superhero-sized letter "S" while an announcer declares, "Leaping his way onto the silver screen, the greatest hero in American history!" It then cuts to Homer Simpson sitting on his couch in his tighty whities. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he says. The narrator continues, "'The Simpsons Movie,' coming to the screen, July 27, 2007." "Uh, oh," says Homer, "we better get started."

We're hearing that you'll be able to catch the teaser trailer on TV during this Sunday's episode titled "Million Dollar Abie".

Having debuted on Jan. 14, 1990, The Simpsons reigns as the longest-running animated series in history and the longest-running primetime series currently on television. It was created by Matt Groening and developed by James L. Brooks. The Simpsons started as a segment of Fox's The Tracey Ullman Show in 1987-88.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a short promo during "The Simpsons" last night as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Simpsons Movie Trailer this Sunday
Source: ComingSoon.net
November 10, 2006

20th Century Fox will world premiere the new trailer for The Simpsons Movie this Sunday, November 12, during the latest "Simpsons" episode on Fox at 8/7c.

In the episode, titled "GI (Annoyed Grunt)," after Bart gets out of a commitment to join the Army at 18, Homer falls prey to a couple of Army recruiters and lands himself in basic training. Homer, of course, treats this like summer camp and infuriates his hard-nosed colonel (Kiefer Sutherland) when he is unfazed by the constant hazing and humiliation.

The big screen adaptation, directed by David Silverman, hits theaters on July 27, 2007.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish they wouldn't do this....but the Simpsons has probably come to an end anyway. Is the movie going to end everything??

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was dissapointed with the preview. They make a big deal that is was going to be more than it was.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was expecting a full theatrical trailer and not a 15 second blurb. The new episode wasn't very good either. I'll still see the movie (big fan of the first decade-ish of the simpsons, haven't watched many new episode of the last several seasons), but my expectations aren't very high.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I can't wait either. It's weird but this show has been on so long that an entire generation has basically grown up with the Simpsons. I hope it's funny.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Trailer looks hilarious.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Simpsons Movie

Release Date: July 27, 2007
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: David Silverman
Screenwriter: Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Mike Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, Jon Vitti
Genre: Animation, Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for irreverent humor throughout)

Starring: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Albert Brooks

Plot Summary: The groundbreaking television series and global phenomenon comes to the big screen.

An ecological disaster has hit Springfield causing the government to crack down on the town, and the person who caused all these problems? Homer Simpson. After the Simpsons are driven out of Springfield by their angry neighbors, they realize they're the only ones who can save the town from being completely destroyed in the after-effects of Homer's careless error.

Attachments

• simpsonsmov.jpg
    simpsonsmov.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 146

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan