The Simpsons Movie

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Comes out this Friday, I can't wait to see it.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, but how many of you guys have yourself as a Simpsons character?

<------ Theres me in my avatar.. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many of you have been to 1 of the 12 Kwiki-Marts around the country? I have... and was pissed. It's ridiculous that they have Krusty-O's, Buzz Cola, the Donut but NO FREAKING DUFF BEER!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with this film is The Simpsons already have a huge fan base and people are gonna be dissapointed.. Its not like people are gonna be in shock and awe from a new entity.. People are gonna critique the hell outta this thing thinking they are the most devout Simpsons fan..

When I see this Im going into it as if its a Sunday and its a new episode..

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fear a lot of people, like myself, will feel this isn't a "must see" in the theater. I can certainly wait for dvd. With the cost of movies being what they are, I won't spend my money on a movie in a theater that will be no more enjoyable than at home. The only other way I'll spend money at the theater is if it's a story that I just don't want to wait for, and this isn't it.

Like you said, Gee! It's going to kind of be like a long episode of the show. I watch the show at home; I'll watch this at home.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fear a lot of people, like myself, will feel this isn't a "must see" in the theater. I can certainly wait for dvd. With the cost of movies being what they are, I won't spend my money on a movie in a theater that will be no more enjoyable than at home. The only other way I'll spend money at the theater is if it's a story that I just don't want to wait for, and this isn't it.

I'm just the opposite. I own all the episodes out on DVD and I DVR every Simpsons episode in syndication, but I still can't wait to see the Simpson's on the big screen. It's been at the top of my list for the summer. I don't care if it's just an 80-minute episode. They brought a lot of the old writers back, and that wasn't going to happen unless they had some money for a film.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY ****! 29 million on it's opening DAY.

Wow, I thought it might make 40 tops this weekend, having come out a couple years too late... will peoplego to the theaters in droves to see it... but good freaking God - it's on pace to make at least 75 million in it's opening weekend. that's pretty damn impressive. definitely gonna catch this in the next couple days.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it. It's 1990 something again. Very funny, a few dry spots, but who cares? Way better to see on a big screen than waiting for it on DVD. Just seeing it with a large audience made it worth it.

Gadd's Wife

Reaction score
And it sure was great to watch Gadd watch it. I think I spent more time watching his reactions than watching the movie... But it was good. Well, that and watching our 7 year old nephew with some of the language... Good time!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it sure was great to watch Gadd watch it. I think I spent more time watching his reactions than watching the movie... But it was good. Well, that and watching our 7 year old nephew with some of the language... Good time!

I've got 10-to-1 odds Jalen refers to some woman as "the boob lady" before the week's out. That one seemed to have him in stitches.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great fun movie. Very funny. Not enough Mr. Burns or Apu, but great fun nonetheless.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Hilarious. I loved it.

The full frontal Bart was a little extreme but still funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first thirty minutes were GREAT but I thought it drifted a little bit after that. Still entertaining for the last forty minutes or so, but the show has set the bar so high back in it's heyday and appeared to be jumping at the height during the first act that once it got to the second act, it was a bit of a letdown.

and I agree with Chap - not nearly enough Burns/Apu/well, pretty much everyone else. That was my my biggest criticism - in making the story "bigger" it lost the intimacy that made the show so damn funny, with it's rich tapestry of characters who the Simpsons regularly interact with.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It was OK but just too long. The Simpsons are great on Sunday for 22 minutes an episode but it just kind of dragged after awhile. There are some funny parts but it's still a renter. The diehards made it ALOT of money for the 1st few weeks and then it'll die way down IMO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was OK but just too long. The Simpsons are great on Sunday for 22 minutes an episode but it just kind of dragged after awhile. There are some funny parts but it's still a renter. The diehards made it ALOT of money for the 1st few weeks and then it'll die way down IMO

yup - it was already down 65% from last weekend, which is the third largest BO drop of all time.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was like watching a 90 minutes episode from 1994... their best year. However, not worth my $8.50

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was like watching a 90 minutes episode from 1994... their best year. However, not worth my $8.50

Thank you for confirming THIS for me:

...I won't spend my money on a movie in a theater that will be no more enjoyable than at home... It's going to kind of be like a long episode of the show. I watch the show at home; I'll watch this at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan