The truth about the Eagles

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Cards and Eagles fans. I'm a former Philly and Phoenix resident and long time Eagles fan. Its funny reading what some of you guys post about the Eagles. You paint them to be what suits your agenda (yes Eagles fans, you are also guilty of that) but I'm here to tell you the truth about the Eagles.

The Eagles are a tale of two teams, and go as coach Andy Reid takes them. The team that has gotten hot down the stretch has used the running game to set up the pass and managed the clock wisely. The other team, the one that throws Donavon McNabb to the wolves by abandoning its running game and horribly managing the clock, is the one that lost close games to the Bears, Redskins, Cowgirls, Giants, tied the lowly Bengals and got hammered by the Ravens. You Cardinals fans know which team showed up when you last visited the Linc.

When Andy Reid pulls his head out of his ass and realizes that a 70-30 pass to run ratio doesn't get the job done against the good teams, then you have a team that, when you factor in our third ranked defense, can beat anybody in the NFL. This is the Eagles team that has beaten four 2008 division champions, including two wins at the Meadowlands, a playoff win in Minnesota, along with wins against your Cardinals and another championship Sunday participant; the Steelers.

With all due respect to the Cardinals, a well coached Eagles team will beat you handily. The Eagles, with a few coaching corrections, could have easily won 13, 14 games. They were all that close, except for the Baltimore debacle. On the other hand, the Cardinals have been beaten badly by a plethora of teams including an embarrassing loss to the Patriots.

Problem is; at least for us Eagles fans is; you never know which Andy Reid will show up. This is a constant worry for me. If we come out gunning the ball and ignoring the run game, it could be a long day for us. All things being equal, the Eagles are the better and more experienced team. They are also their own worst enemy at times. This is why we play the game.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Thanks for coming over to talk football. Guys like Chris54 give intelligent fans like yourself a bad name.

BTW, there's no way you will win this game handily. In fact, you aren't going to win, period.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I can deal with this... I don't neccessarily agree but that is what being a fan is about. With that being said Whiz didn't like the fact his team waltzed through the end of the season and hammered them hard in practice. He stirred the pot so much and whipped the team into a frenzy! Which what we have seen the last three games.

I'm not one to predict but this should be a very good game...

DKCards

Reaction score
Greetings, Cards and Eagles fans. I'm a former Philly and Phoenix resident and long time Eagles fan. Its funny reading what some of you guys post about the Eagles. You paint them to be what suits your agenda (yes Eagles fans, you are also guilty of that) but I'm here to tell you the truth about the Eagles.

The Eagles are a tale of two teams, and go as coach Andy Reid takes them. The team that has gotten hot down the stretch has used the running game to set up the pass and managed the clock wisely. The other team, the one that throws Donavon McNabb to the wolves by abandoning its running game and horribly managing the clock, is the one that lost close games to the Bears, Redskins, Cowgirls, Giants, tied the lowly Bengals and got hammered by the Ravens. You Cardinals fans know which team showed up when you last visited the Linc.

When Andy Reid pulls his head out of his ass and realizes that a 70-30 pass to run ratio doesn't get the job done against the good teams, then you have a team that, when you factor in our third ranked defense, can beat anybody in the NFL. This is the Eagles team that has beaten four 2008 division champions, including two wins at the Meadowlands, a playoff win in Minnesota, along with wins against your Cardinals and another championship Sunday participant; the Steelers.

With all due respect to the Cardinals, a well coached Eagles team will beat you handily. The Eagles, with a few coaching corrections, could have easily won 13, 14 games. They were all that close, except for the Baltimore debacle. On the other hand, the Cardinals have been beaten badly by a plethora of teams including an embarrassing loss to the Patriots.

Problem is; at least for us Eagles fans is; you never know which Andy Reid will show up. This is a constant worry for me. If we come out gunning the ball and ignoring the run game, it could be a long day for us. All things being equal, the Eagles are the better and more experienced team. They are also their own worst enemy at times. This is why we play the game.

Your right that running game they have shown the last two weeks is scary. 23 for 67yds and 28 for 59yds. They have just been pounding the ball.....

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Maybe the Cards won't be able to run on Sunday, but neither will Philadelphia. I'll take our passing game over the Eagles.

OP
OP
D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
Your right that running game they have shown the last two weeks is scary. 23 for 67yds and 28 for 59yds. They have just been pounding the ball.....

I'm talking about the season as a whole. Regardless of our yardage, we win when we run 40 percent or better and lose when we runn less than 40 percent. We ran enough last week to keep the Giants defense off of McNabb

OP
OP
D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe the Cards won't be able to run on Sunday, but neither will Philadelphia. I'll take our passing game over the Eagles.

You haven't played a defense like the Eagles, including the last time you played us. We held Dallas to 6 points, Washington to 10 points, the Vikings to 2 early td;'s and nothing else and held the Giants to 11 points in front of their fans. I have no doubt our defense will keep the score down as they always do. My doubts are with the offensive game plan. I just wish I still lived in Phoenix so I could see this game in person.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You haven't played a defense like the Eagles, including the last time you played us. We held Dallas to 6 points, Washington to 10 points, the Vikings to 2 early td;'s and nothing else and held the Giants to 11 points in front of their fans. I have no doubt our defense will keep the score down as they always do. My doubts are with the offensive game plan. I just wish I still lived in Phoenix so I could see this game in person.

I'm glad that you can't. No offense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, thats not warm and fuzzy. Funny thing; I'm an hour from Charlotte and had hoped for an Eagles-Panthers matchup but you guys ruined that.

We aren't all warm and fuzzy. I wouldn't expect you to welcome me into your stadium either. Par for the course.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now, thats not warm and fuzzy. Funny thing; I'm an hour from Charlotte and had hoped for an Eagles-Panthers matchup but you guys ruined that.

Sorry about that, but it's funny how things turn out, Carolina favoured by ten, 12 win season, best at this, best at that... and now cleaning out their lockers. Yup... funny how the best laid plans go awry.

(PS) You mentioned holding Washington to 10 points, but please... remind us of how many points you scored?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
:bigyawn:

Great defense....yep.

Cardinals never played a team like this one ..... yep.

Cardinals will get beat handily ...... yep.

This all sounds very familiar....kinda like what we have heard of the last few weeks.

Well, good luck this game should be a good one.

:fireball:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I actually agree for the most part of what you are saying.

Honest question, Considering Westbrooks knee injury wont be any better come this weekend after reagrivating it in the Giants game, Buckhalter limited in practices this week, Runyan being held up by duct tape and super glue and an ailing interior OL, what Ried do you think we will get? Even against the Giants it was close to being at your 60-40 pass to run threshold. It was 59 to 41 I believe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that, but it's funny how things turn out, Carolina favoured by ten, 12 win season, best at this, best at that... and now cleaning out their lockers. Yup... funny how the best laid plans go awry.

(PS) You mentioned holding Washington to 10 points, but please... remind us of how many points you scored?

See my post. Andy Reid had perhaps his worst coaching effort ever. Pretty good Skins defense too, to be fair.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Do you look like your picture??
Nope... I'm just not that big of a talker. I'm more of a walk the walk kinda guy. I find opponents fans who visit our board should gets some kudos every now and then because we prefer your posts over people who have and IQ of a mineral.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05