The truth about the Eagles

OP
OP
D

Dawkins2112

Registered
Reaction score
well, that's the eagles strength . . . the blitz. so that means it's strength against strength. eagles' blitz against warner's ability to burn the blitz. know what i like about that mano-e-mano matchup? warner's ability to burn the blitz netted him a superbowl victory. eagles' blitz has not.

No, but that Eagles blitz has kept them in contention for 10 years and helped them reach five NFC Championship games.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No, but that Eagles blitz has kept them in contention for 10 years and helped them reach five NFC Championship games.

Indeed. So it got them here... kudos... and we'll be glad to tell you all about what it was like in Tampa once we return!

;)

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
i think you're gonna be shocked at how much crazier the fans are this week than the were against the Falcons. Even if it were just those 50K who bought playoff tickets two months, that place would be louder and crazier somehow simply because the moment will sweep EVERYONE away. It's just the nature of mob-mentality and that's what those 50K fans are in the first place, a ravenous rabid mob who at this point would probably kill their grandmothers just to see the Cards win this game... and with that mob, the other 20K will join in. They'll have no choice but to.

The Rose Bowl in 1997 is the perfect example of this. Me, Ouchie and a huge group of other friends went to the Rose Bowl back to see ASU versus OSU where ASU had a chance to win the National Title... and one of our friends from U of A went with us. Suffice to say, he had no love for the Devils... but in that atmosphere... in a classic game... he got more and more into the game and at one point and on a 3rd down incompletion he just SNAPPED screaming: *********! I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE! There he was, a U of A alum... freaking out over ASU not completing a pass simply because he got swept up in the moment. That's gonna be the other 20K at that stadium.

In the ATL game I think people were just fired up because we finally got a home playoff game... but now... the crowd isn't just gonna be there in a jubilant, bositerous ecstatic to be there mood... it's gonna be there looking for blood. You really have no clue how long this city has been waiting for this which is understandable. You've been lucky to follow a really good team so getting to this point is probably almost old hat to you. But not to us. That place is going to explode on Sunday.

seriously, if you think this crowd's (with 7K extra seats put in) gonna be less tame or the same as the ATL game, you're gonna be mistaken.

I think you're very very right about this.

Much like the enthusiasm on this board is on a different plane this week, the enthusiasm of the crowd will be ratcheted up to a whole new level.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Tell that to Matt Ryan. Nah, crowd noise had nothing to do with his play. None at all. Best home record in the NFC for two seasons running. Chew on that. But no, of course crowd noise won't enter into it. I'm channeling DD's sarcasm here. No way will our crowd make a difference. You're too good. The glow of god-like perfection coming from your team will blind our fans, and the trumpets of angels from your sidelines will drown the crowd out.

Sorry, that was just fun to type. I'm not trying to razz you that much. But it is rather ignorant to think our crowd will play no role in the game. If we get down early? I could see the crowd losing intensity. Close game? Try hearing yourself think. McNabb won't be able to.
I'm sure it gets loud there. I'm not denying that. What I am denying is that the crowd will play a significant role in the game, because it simply won't. As I said in the other thread, I can't think of one time the Eagles had a crowd-induced false start or timeout. I've never seen McNabb flustered by crowd noise. And I have a hard time believing it's going to be any more louder in Arizona than it was in Minnesota. The Metrodome is one of the loudest buildings in the league. Just the way that thing is shaped. It's built to be loud. And they had no problem dealing with it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm sure it gets loud there. I'm not denying that. What I am denying is that the crowd will play a significant role in the game, because it simply won't. As I said in the other thread, I can't think of one time the Eagles had a crowd-induced false start or timeout. I've never seen McNabb flustered by crowd noise. And I have a hard time believing it's going to be any more louder in Arizona than it was in Minnesota. The Metrodome is one of the loudest buildings in the league. Just the way that thing is shaped. It's built to be loud. And they had no problem dealing with it.

The noise really isn't about your team. I'm sure it will at least annoy them, it might not make much difference to the Eagles but the noise will make a difference to our players.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Seriously! Get over yourself.
The Metrodome is bordering on extinct.
You have no clue. Period!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Metrodome is one of the loudest buildings in the league (when they artificially pumped crowd noise through the P.A). Just the way that thing is shaped. It's built to be loud. And they had no problem dealing with it.

fixed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

So now you may admit you were wrong....wrong...wrong!

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Not really.

It was loud, yes. It didn't rattle the Eagles. It did help the AZ defense.

The crowd noise didn't call single coverage on Fitzgerald all day. It didn't make the no-calls that didn't go Philly's way on 3rd down a few times. It didn't make McNabb throw short balls. It didn't make him overlook open go routes late in the pocket. It didn't help Warner complete smart dump-off passes. It didn't run good screens.

Not much else to say on that. Congrats all around, but the crowd didn't win it.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I remember a handful of False starts on Philly today, and they very well may have been caused by the fans. Arizona has some great fans. It was a mad sea of Red in there.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I remember a handful of False starts on Philly today, and they very well may have been caused by the fans. Arizona has some great fans. It was a mad sea of Red in there.

Two for each team, I believe. One declined on the McNabb scramble.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did help the AZ defense.

Like we said it would

but the crowd didn't win it.

I don't know, were those two early false starts and that REALLY dumb time out just happen because the Eagles wanted to lay up a couple of times? Tin cup style?

Yeah, you can tell me the crowd had no effect, but I bet your team sings different. Watch for the "they were really loud" quotes from your heroes, bro. They will be coming.

My ears are STILL ringing!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is random guy still trying to peddle that nonsense that the ATL crowd was better than today's crowd? If so, you're more pathetic than the Eagles D on our last TD drive.

seriously, anyone thinking that the crowd today would in any way shape or form be in any way quieter or less rowdy than the ATL game must have been the dumbest human being alive.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Truth be told this thing is in the destiny slot now.

I'm not saying we're home free, no, I'm simply saying at times in life things are meant to be and it takes a lot to knock the thing out of that slot.

I'm personally afraid to jinx anything but it's so freakin obvious what the heck, the entire season is one giant moustrap like contraption that has led us to where we are.

The amount of things that have had to fall into place is just sick, it's off the charts.

We play Philly, we get beat like rented drums and they go on to the playoffs plowing out two teams we'd likely not beat on the road and we dispatch the other team with some kind of uber shelling.

Now we're matched up with Whiz's old team so we know more about them than any other team possible.

All of this after Whiz was turned down in his bid to be the Steelers coach, he comes here, we draft DRC, ..... this is just, well it just is what it is.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, were were a little bit loud today. Maybe too loud. I mean, we suck and the Eagles don't care about noise. so we really overdid it I think.

I think we were really quiet. Like church mice even.

Oh screw it, we were on TIME today. We were 6 foot twenty effing yelling for fun! We ROCKED that damn building to its foundation!!! I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU THAT WERE THERE TODAY!!!!

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
is random guy still trying to peddle that nonsense that the ATL crowd was better than today's crowd? If so, you're more pathetic than the Eagles D on our last TD drive.

seriously, anyone thinking that the crowd today would in any way shape or form be in any way quieter or less rowdy than the ATL game must have been the dumbest human being alive.

Nope. It was very loud. Said it here several times already.

I also said it didn't matter much to the actual game on the Eagles side. Equal false starts on both sides. The cards just ran better plays, hands down. No clue why JJ went with single coverage on Fitz so many times either - that's a failure right there.

I have a more complete post somewhere on here but it's 3am. Enjoy your win. Just sticking around like I said I would and replying when I'm referenced for the most part.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. It was very loud. Said it here several times already.

I also said it didn't matter much to the actual game on the Eagles side. Equal false starts on both sides. The cards just ran better plays, hands down. No clue why JJ went with single coverage on Fitz so many times either - that's a failure right there.

I have a more complete post somewhere on here but it's 3am. Enjoy your win. Just sticking around like I said I would and replying when I'm referenced for the most part.

So, are we the worst team to ever make the playoffs?

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
So, are we the worst team to ever make the playoffs?

The playoffs? Probably not. There is always going to be a weak division in each conference given the math of wins and losses. I don't think you would disagree with the general opinion that the NFC West has been a weaker conference than the NFC East over the last few years. But someone has to win each division and that winner still had to earn their way past the other three. Unless we're talking Cincy or the Lions - they're like a free rung in the ladder

Anyone that slams the divisions is slamming the idea of fun. It gives every team in the league a legitimate hope that they still can make it. It's a good system. Flawed, maybe, but the NFL wants parity and parity keeps fans around. This was quite possibly the Eagles last real chance for awhile. That window is closing, for sure, at least with a large number of veteran players. Enjoy the big dance - 30 teams are already on the sidelines.

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to bang on the Eagles or their fans too much. Truth is, the Eagles helped out the Cards a lot this post season. We needed them. Up until the end of the Giants game last week, I was a HUGE Eagle fan since the last week of the season when they destroyed the Cowboys. That was fun to watch.

We needed Philly to beat the Vikings. They did.

We needed them to knock out the Giants. They did.

They did our dirty work for us. And in doing so, allowed us to play the conference championship game at home. If they drop any of those three games (Dallas, Minnesota, New York), the game today doesn't happen, at least not in our backyard.

And then when we were done with them, we said thank you and sent them on their merry way.

Indeed THANK YOU Philadelphia and Donovan McNabb, for helping the Cards carve out our path to destiny!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The playoffs? Probably not. There is always going to be a weak division in each conference given the math of wins and losses. I don't think you would disagree with the general opinion that the NFC West has been a weaker conference than the NFC East over the last few years. But someone has to win each division and that winner still had to earn their way past the other three. Unless we're talking Cincy or the Lions - they're like a free rung in the ladder

Anyone that slams the divisions is slamming the idea of fun. It gives every team in the league a legitimate hope that they still can make it. It's a good system. Flawed, maybe, but the NFL wants parity and parity keeps fans around. This was quite possibly the Eagles last real chance for awhile. That window is closing, for sure, at least with a large number of veteran players. Enjoy the big dance - 30 teams are already on the sidelines.

Dude, it was a joke. Like we are. a joke of a franchise. Worst team in the playoffs. Worst super bowl team ever. We suck. We can't beat anyone. Except Atlanta, which messed up by starting a rookie QB. And Carolina, which had a QB who wanted to give gifts on his birthday, and the Eagles, who didn't want to win this because well, uhm...because McNabb had a Chunky Soup commercial to film and was distracted, and the Steelers...who, well, they are just awesome rolled into awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05