The truth is...

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
as I see it anyway, that for the most part those that defend Green, or by proxy, somehow find merit to this "team", have been fans of the Cardinals for less than the time they have been in Arizona.

Those that are "Cardinal" fans and not just "Arizona Cardinal" fans, understand, and acknowledge, that Green has failed. IMO, those that defend his methods, or, more importantly, his performance over the last 1 and 1/2 years, are beyond my comprehension. Maybe I am just too damn old. Maybe I have lost touch with reality. Maybe, I have been a Cardinal fan too damm long. Maybe.

But, whatever the case, Green is a bust.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have only been a fan since the move and I think Green Sucks.

So there goes that theory.

OP
OP
red desert

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Notice, I said, "for the most part." Anyway, the point is, this team is in disarray.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Ditto.

(But then again I did since before he was hired).

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
red desert said:
as I see it anyway, that for the most part those that defend Green, or by proxy, somehow find merit to this "team", have been fans of the Cardinals for less than the time they have been in Arizona.

Those that are "Cardinal" fans and not just "Arizona Cardinal" fans, understand, and acknowledge, that Green has failed. IMO, those that defend his methods, or, more importantly, his performance over the last 1 and 1/2 years, are beyond my comprehension. Maybe I am just too damn old. Maybe I have lost touch with reality. Maybe, I have been a Cardinal fan too damm long. Maybe.

BUZZ WRONG!

Really? Coz I am pretty vocal about your incessent babbling aabout Green and I have been afan since about 1986....

Actually it is pretty simple. The way I see it is that the ones who are willing to give Green and company a chance (at least more than 1.5 years to turn around THE worst franchise in professional sports) know more about football than those that dont!

:D

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
What do you want.....the team is missing its two best players (Boldin and Berry) its No. 3 receiver, its first round draft pick corner, and half of the rest of the defense. Longing for the days of coach Mac is ridiculous. Maybe we should fire Denny Green and bring in Mike Tice or Dave Wannestadt; they might be the only coaches available this offseason who would take this project. Who else would you rather have who could be lured by this job?

Reaction score
Green is a very good coach, he proved that in Minnesota. I think he made the mistake of trying to do too much too soon versus the long term, step by step, rebuilding process the team required.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
MoralityPlayMocker said:
Green is a very good coach, he proved that in Minnesota. I think he made the mistake of trying to do too much too soon versus the long term, step by step, rebuilding process the team required.

That makes sense, but this team is out of control. It does not appear to be a well coached team.

Interestingly though, Warner seems to have a calming effect on the offense. I have to admit I was pretty impressed with this performance today. I mean, only because of our offense we were competitive today.

That and the fact that DET mysteriously elected to pass on several downs.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
BUZZ WRONG!

Actually it is pretty simple. The way I see it is that the ones who are willing to give Green and company a chance (at least more than 1.5 years to turn around THE worst franchise in professional sports) know more about football than those that dont!

This is the way I see it as well.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What he'll get

what should he get? that's all opinionated babble.
He made two mistakes that glaringly made it harder for him. He playe QB carousel, and shouldn't have. No matter, he just shouldn't have.
AND, the o line, don't put people where they're paid to play, put them where they contribute the best to the team. Keep people that earn their way out of your dog house. they may not be pro bowl but they are very servicable.
Believe me, more than just Calvin should have been kept for the work they put in.
That said, it's been a disappointing year (so far) but some good can and will, still come out of it.
He deserves more than he's gotten(I don't believe I'm saying thuis) and with most of his starters playing, not watching.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually found myself missing Mac today. Then I had to sober up. Denny's got to get it together. I will tell you that. It's pretty pathetic watching him get outcoached week in and week out. :mad:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fan since they moved here - didn't want Green in the first place...don't want him even more now. :|

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
red desert said:

Maybe you're not making any damn sense!.. What does a persons length of fandom have to do with whether or not their a fan of Dennis Green ???

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
It's like a movie "Dennis - many have gone into the swamp of Cardinaldom - and never been seen again, except for a few bone fragments and a shoe".
Dennis the Intrepid says to himself "I can do this..."
Let the horror unfold...

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
red desert said:

Green is as good as his record and not a bit better. He hand selected nearly every player on this team and fired all the ones that are gone. Time has passed this coach by. If he was once a good coach he is no longer and as some have posted he may have had assistant coaches that carried the heavy load. I do not have the time to pretend a coach or player is any better than his record or performance. What you see is what you get.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Timm Rosenbach said:
What do you want.....the team is missing its two best players (Boldin and Berry) its No. 3 receiver, its first round draft pick corner, and half of the rest of the defense. Longing for the days of coach Mac is ridiculous. Maybe we should fire Denny Green and bring in Mike Tice or Dave Wannestadt; they might be the only coaches available this offseason who would take this project. Who else would you rather have who could be lured by this job?

What we want is a team that is better this year than last year at the least.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't discount all the complaining about Green's ego, but if the Cards sack him, I'm afraid we'll just return to the same parade of emasculated coaches we had before. Some of whom were good coaches...just too tethered by the organization.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've been a fan since i was a kid in the mid 70's and i like Green. It's funny how the team is out of control when the less talented backups are playing key roles.I remember a few years ago the game had also passed Bill Cowher by and his act had grown stale in Pittsburgh. You're basically as good as your players.All the coaching in the world isn't going to make a difference if you're playing Kolo,Tate,Walls, Darling, Smith, Step,Mccoy, and others in key positions or out of position due to injury. But, for some reason, injuries aren't a factor when it comes to the Cards and Green.Everybody is, or should be, playing in Hawaii in February. Greens' coaching is what's holding Kolo back. If Mac and Mean Joe were here he'd be the talk of the league.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I've been a fan since i was a kid in the mid 70's and i like Green. It's funny how the team is out of control when the less talented backups are playing key roles.I remember a few years ago the game had also passed Bill Cowher by and his act had grown stale in Pittsburgh. You're basically as good as your players.All the coaching in the world isn't going to make a difference if you're playing Kolo,Tate,Walls, Darling, Smith, Step,Mccoy, and others in key positions or out of position due to injury. But, for some reason, injuries aren't a factor when it comes to the Cards and Green.Everybody is, or should be, playing in Hawaii in February. Greens' coaching is what's holding Kolo back. If Mac and Mean Joe were here he'd be the talk of the league.

Yeah, but the Steelers weren't losing in the manner we're losing Cbus. Not to mention the standards are/were a lot higher in Pittsburgh. Had Denny been able to do what Cowher was doing in the years the Steelers were quote unquote "bad", we'd all be on board with the plan. DG instead has delivered nothing and is looking real inept in doing so.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
phillycard said:
Yeah, but the Steelers weren't losing in the manner we're losing Cbus. Not to mention the standards are/were a lot higher in Pittsburgh. Had Denny been able to do what Cowher was doing in the years the Steelers were quote unquote "bad", we'd all be on board with the plan. DG instead has delivered nothing and is looking real inept in doing so.

Green did do pretty much what Cowher has done when he had the talent in Minny.I'll give you that expectation levels are different but it was DG who came in last year expecting to make the playoffs and told everyone that. I don't see how you can hold that against him when, in reality, the talent level was worse than what SF has and you don't hear Nolan spouting playoffs in SF.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Green did do pretty much what Cowher has done when he had the talent in Minny.I'll give you that expectation levels are different but it was DG who came in last year expecting to make the playoffs and told everyone that. I don't see how you can hold that against him when, in reality, the talent level was worse than what SF has and you don't hear Nolan spouting playoffs in SF.

Unfortunately Green is also responsible for nearly all the talent on this team so blaming poor talent does not work. He hired them , he drafted them and he also fired them. You reap what you sew.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
Unfortunately Green is also responsible for nearly all the talent on this team so blaming poor talent does not work. He hired them , he drafted them and he also fired them. You reap what you sew.
Works for me. A lot of the talent that he's brought in is extremely young. He's brought more talent to this team than we've had in the past. There is a personell problem to go along with the coaching, but much if it will fix itself as it matures.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Agreed. The only way this O line will get better is if they play together for a few seasons. Leckey needs to stay at center and Step needs to ride the pine.

This team is getting better. At least the O is. The D gave up in the second week of September. Heartless *******!