The Yanks in last place...

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
ESPN Sportscenter showed graphic image of volcano erupting to introduce the latest from Mt. Steinbrenner:

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team.

It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around.''

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
Don't bet against the Yankees.

I always root for the underdog (except for my lifelong teams, or teams that "should" win).

ie: last year, BoSox over Yanks
Pistons over Lakers

DOWN WITH TEH YANKEES!!!

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Yankees will not be in a tie for last place much longer (like after tonight's games).

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that the Yankees will not be in a tie for last place much longer (like after tonight's games).

Oh, I don't think they'll be there that much longer either. But I'm gonna relish each and every day that they're under .500 for however long it lasts! :D

Living here in NJ, where it's wall-to-wall Spankee fans, it gets unbearable at times listening to the media heap praise on the Spankees all the time.

Billexium

Reaction score
5 days later and the Yankees are still in last place. Maybe they'll have sole possesion if Tampa Bay keeps knocking Schilling around. Posted the same record they had at this point in '97... last year they didn't win the AL East. How sweet it is!!!

asudevil83

Reaction score
is this team slowly turning into the knicks of the MLB.

both have by far the HIGHEST payrolls in their association.
both have either underachieved or are underachieving.
both are have or are in the process of ridding themselves of decent pieces to aquire NAMES that USED TO BE good in their prime.
both teams failures can be attributed to poor management
both are in a financial mess for years to come.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan